Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Dropping Ryan Taylor after one bad game wouldn't do his confidence any good but he's going to drop him eventually. I think we all know that Santon was bought as a first team player and sooner or later that's what he'll be, and hopefully a good one. Point is he's going to drop Taylor or Simpson sooner or later anyway.

This probably isn't a good game to make your starting debut but I think he needs Santon in the side soon. He needs games. The home game against Chelsea might be a good time, unless Taylor has a solid game at Old Trafford.

Dropping Ryan Taylor after one bad game wouldn't do his confidence any good but he's going to drop him eventually. I think we all know that Santon was bought as a first team player and sooner or later that's what he'll be, and hopefully a good one. Point is he's going to drop Taylor or Simpson sooner or later anyway.

This probably isn't a good game to make your starting debut but I think he needs Santon in the side soon. He needs games. The home game against Chelsea might be a good time, unless Taylor has a solid game at Old Trafford.

I'm pretty sure that even Ryan Taylor himself is expecting to be dropped soon. If Santon starts at LB, I seriously have no clue whether to start Simpson or Raylor on the right. Simpson is better at defending but Raylor looks like Maicon with ball on his feet compared to Simpson.

Guest ykmkmdd

Asked if Santon was close to a start, Pardew said: “That would be telling.

“He played for the reserves, and played very well, but the last thing I want to do is give Sir Alex Ferguson an advantage.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/santon_s_edges_closer_to_a_premier_league_start_1_4004405

Interesting.....

Guest ykmkmdd

I don't know, I've just got a feeling he might chuck him in there - the only real concern about Santon in the Prem is probably the physical side and that's one area Nani shouldn't cause him any problems - it's not like he doesn't have any big-game experience too.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think he'll start tomorrow.

I think we'll see Raylor start really. However, if Raylor stuggles in the first half, we could see Santon coming off the bench for the second half.

Like AP should of done against Man Citeh?

I hope that if AP was thinkin about it then, he surely has to be seriously considering it thmora It would send a message and could be what wins it in my opinion. Will balance the side better.

I think he'll start tomorrow.

I think we'll see Raylor start really. However, if Raylor stuggles in the first half, we could see Santon coming off the bench for the second half.

Like AP should of done against Man Citeh?

I hope that if AP was thinkin about it then, he surely has to be seriously considering it thmora It would send a message and could be what wins it in my opinion. Will balance the side better.

raylor wasn't that bad in the first half as a whole but had 2 mins of stupidity.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think it's inevitable than Santon eventually comes into the side, it's just a question of when.

When we have the ball aye.

He is so right footed and it reflects in his positional play which is why we have Jonas doing what he is doing. Its his right foot thats keeping him in the team. Its a weopon.

Im sure Santon would offer more. He likes to attack also. Cabaye should be our "tekker" now.

I think it's inevitable than Santon eventually comes into the side, it's just a question of when.

When we have the ball aye.

He is so right footed and it reflects in his positional play which is why we have Jonas doing what he is doing. Its his right foot thats keeping him in the team. Its a weopon.

Im sure Santon would offer more. He likes to attack also. Cabaye should be our "tekker" now.

Disagree with that. He obviously favours his right foot but he's far from just restricted to using it.