Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Yer it would be impossible for dashing Davide to convice a lass to move to Milan, fashion capital of the world.

Reminds me of Auf Pet "you can get pease pudding in Milan".

Do genuinely think he is happy here and if his bairn is born here I can see him staying for a few seasons more before uprooting his family. Now or the summer would be the time to move really you'd think and he's just said he's more than happy here.

Apparently Milan itself isn't actually that nice. But I imagine the multi-million-euro mansions in the countryside are alright.

It's nowhere near as nice as Newcastle. I mean that sincerely.

Although, it's an hour to lake como, where I believe the Milan/Inter players have trained.

Apparently Milan itself isn't actually that nice. But I imagine the multi-million-euro mansions in the countryside are alright.

Although, it's an hour to lake como, where I believe the Milan/Inter players have trained.

Yep. Never seen anything as beautiful as some of the Italian countryside, lakes and old cities.

Yep. Never seen anything as beautiful as some of the Italian countryside, lakes and old cities.

Italy is beautiful in loads of ways - weather, culture, food, architecure, countryside etc. Plenty of problems though in terms of corruption, mafia, iffy administration, crappy infrastructure, and prevelant racist/homphobic attitudes. I love the place, but not convinced I could live there like my Grandad does. Certainly not in the major cities.

What I don't like about these player interviews to say they don't want to move away is the implication it's in the players hand's. It's sort of saying he's welcome to go but he doesn't want to. I'd much rather hear the club weren't willing to sell him whatever.

Santon to Milan.

Simpson left-back until May.

Would sum us up after finally getting Debuchy. :lol:

With Simpson going on to sign  new contract

Naaaah.

Ryan Taylor should be back by next season.

Alan Pardew is confident Davide Santon will remain at Newcastle United, with links to AC Milan brushed aside.

Milan president Silvio Berlusconi helped to fan the transfer flames when he admitted to being an admirer of the former Inter Milanfull-back.

Santon then came out to express his full commitment to the Magpies cause, only to see speculation regarding his future resurface.

Pardew hopes his comments will bring an end to the rumours, with there an expectation on Tyneside that one of the club's most consistent performers this season will see out the winter window at St James' Park.

On the Santon rumours, Pardew said: "He's had a terrific season. I don't know about from Inter to AC, how that's going to work.

"I think he is quite happy being in a Newcastle jersey and he's learning his trade - he has still got a lot of improving to do."

Pardew has also sought to assure Newcastle supporters that the club is doing all it can to get fresh faces on board, with targets being identified and transfer talks being held.

"There is no doubt that in the background we are beavering away trying to get some players in," he added.

"We have got (Mathieu) Debuchy in, which I think is going to be very important to us, and we are working very hard.

"I know there are loads of names being thrown about, but it's a waste of time asking me because I'm not going to answer. But we are certainly working hard."

How many times are we told during these windows, that the club is doing all it can, working 24/7, leaving no stone unturned and all that bullshit. Funny though that Pardew admitted then that they should have done a little more in the summer to bulk up the squad.

Absolutely fucking sick of these words, prove it by doing something.

Whey, Pardew said they should have done more in hindsight after they failed to land enough targets. At the time I imagine he would have said they were doing everything they could.

FWIW he is obviously annoyed and probably wants players as much as we do.

Whey, Pardew said they should have done more in hindsight after they failed to land enough targets. At the time I imagine he would have said they were doing everything they could.

What ???

They said they were doing all they can at the time, then admitted later they didn't do enough, so they were obviously lying to begin with ? Or is that too much logic for ya ?

What ???

They said they were doing all they can at the time, then admitted later they didn't do enough, so they were obviously lying to begin with ? Or is that too much logic for ya ?

Not at all, it's exactly the right amount thanks.

What I mean is that he has revised his view of the transfer window because we are now struggling.

I've been dying to see Santon-Colo-Taylor-Debuchy for a fucking year. It's infuriating how good our first team is potentially yet with the depth of an arabian puddle we are always, always struggling.

Our first team is the best we've had for ages IMO, it's just we haven't seen it for months. Depressing really.

What ???

Not at all, it's exactly the right amount thanks.

What I mean is that he has revised his view of the transfer window because he is now struggling.

:whistle: