Bryan Ruiz

JH

Guest bimpy474

I dont buy this PR nonsense, over and over again they have proved they dont care what their image looks like, or give a hoot what we think, i mean they have no PR, their mistakes are testiment to that, do people really think that one bid is going to make a difference, besides we had 2 other bids turned down the same day, so it makes no sense anyway.

Its been proved we bid for Maiga and Cisse on the last day of the window, they played hardball with Sochaux chairman over Maiga and lost, hence the bids for Cisse which was rejected, then went onto Ruiz, by then it was far too late.

The Maiga bid is the one which mucked it all up, if they had done things the right way first he would be our player now, just because Charlton gave in and relented and let us buy Elliot, they thought Sochaux would do the same, imo.

and yet....michael johnson, charles n'zogbia. jeff stelling, george caulkin and mcdonald (as much as )saying they dont think there was a genuine attempt to get one or all of these players.

why was there a thread debating who our 'last gasp failed bid' would be for.

because we've seen them do this all before. we knew it was coming the way i knew we weren't ever gonna pay for n'zogbia even after 'bidding' more for him in january than he eventually went for. why did i know that? why was i so sure in february that carroll wouldnt be replaced properly? because i'm paying attention :lol:

i accept they dont care much what we think, but using that as your reasoning for why these attempts to bring players into the club are genuine isnt enough imo, not in the face of the evidence.

We were never going to sign N'Zogbia because we signed Marveaux, too similiar and Marv cost nothing, music to Fatty's ears.

I still maintain, we did bid for Maiga, what if that had been accepted, same with Cisse. The main problem we have now imo is, we value say Cisse at £10.3m, we wont budge from it, the selling club just says no, if you put that kind of bargaining skill into the last days of the window your mental, its a sellers market then, exactly the same way we got £35m for Carroll.

We seemed to think we cant be treated the same way we treat teams when buying and selling, until we get a better person at this stuff, we are going to fail again and again.

FWIW i think we will have a deal set up for the first few days of the window, but i bet it'll be a player with 6 months left on his contract, because that makes it a buyers market for those type of players, but like i say if we go blundering in with the charmless idiots doing our deals at the moment, even that will be a disaster waiting to happen.

It stinks, it really does. The most insulting thing is that it's a trick they play every time.

I know Pardew has his critics and he made his mouth go far too much, but I'm pretty sure he'll be hugely pissed off. If he was complicit in our unwillingness to shell out on a number 9, there's no chance he would have said what he said, ie all the stuff about getting a striker in, 100%.

I'm not one to usually believe this "We didn't even put a bid in" stuff, but there does seem to be more people saying there was no bid than there is saying we genuinely tried to :undecided:

As I said earlier on I don't think it's even that important if we bid or not - if we bid in the full knowledge that there isn't a hope in hell it would come off then it's practically the same thing.  I do wonder why the Ridgewell bid didn't come off though, haven't seen as much said or written about that.

I'm not one to usually believe this "We didn't even put a bid in" stuff, but there does seem to be more people saying there was no bid than there is saying we genuinely tried to :undecided:

But the chopper had to be moved and stuff.  At least i've learned that you cannot fly a helicopter from Battersea after 8 o'clock.

As I said earlier on I don't think it's even that important if we bid or not - if we bid in the full knowledge that there isn't a hope in hell it will come off then it's practically the same thing.  I do wonder why the Ridgewell bid didn't come off though, haven't seen as much said or written about that.

Wasn't it meant to have been a swap deal.  No way was that ever getting done in time.

As I said earlier on I don't think it's even that important if we bid or not - if we bid in the full knowledge that there isn't a hope in hell it will come off then it's practically the same thing.  I do wonder why the Ridgewell bid didn't come off though, haven't seen as much said or written about that.

Wasn't it meant to have been a swap deal.  No way was that ever getting done in time.

:lol: Sounds about right.

Guest Heneage

They don't give a f*** what we think, but they do like to rip the p*ss out of us. Sky love the drama surrounding us, and use our name to keep people watching.

I didn't see the coverage but yorkie kept me upto date. Did Craig actually admit to making stuff up or not, i mean where does he fit into all this?

telling everyone we've bid 12m (i think) for n'zogbia with ten minutes to go in the january transfer window? for pardew to then say it was 'an enquiry' later on. that doesnt add up?

yeah I was just curious what he'd claimed with Ruiz and if he had backtracked at all. Sounds like a mad deadline day. I was frustrated we didn't get last player over the line, something is fishy here like.

They don't give a f*** what we think, but they do like to rip the p*ss out of us. Sky love the drama surrounding us, and use our name to keep people watching.

I didn't see the coverage but yorkie kept me upto date. Did Craig actually admit to making stuff up or not, i mean where does he fit into all this?

telling everyone we've bid 12m (i think) for n'zogbia with ten minutes to go in the january transfer window? for pardew to then say it was 'an enquiry' later on. that doesnt add up?

yeah I was just curious what he'd claimed with Ruiz and if he had backtracked at all. Sounds like a mad deadline day. I was frustrated we didn't get last player over the line, something is fishy here like.

Malcolm Macdonald stated that a person high up at Fulham said Newcastle never contacted Ruiz,his agent or his club meaning it is a lie spun by the clowns or Sky  ,Fulham if it had been true would have used it as bragging rights to say he chose them instead of us .Simple as that really as i know who i believe .

Guest Rainforest

But didn't the FC Twente chairman also say that Newcastle never contacted them.

Hopefully Sky will make a story out of this, and Lee ryder too.

Newcastle are in negotiations with Twente's Bryan Ruiz right now in Manchester. I'm not making this up, it's very real.

That was posted at 3:22 in the afternoon. Way before it was even reported over here, right?

Who was in Manchester? I thought DL was in London?

Wasn't the primary source, in this country, regarding everything Newcastle/Ruiz... David F Craig? Surely that tells you all you need to know. Any bid was either insulting/fake or completely fabricated.

Completely done with this non-saga. I was by about half nine on Wednesday.

Wasn't the primary source, in this country, regarding everything Newcastle/Ruiz... David F Craig? Surely that tells you all you need to know. Any bid was either insulting/fake or completely fabricated.

Thats why i dont believe we were ever in for him its Craig licking Llambias ass ,calling me sceptical but we have good right to be .

Why would the agent say he's still deciding between the two though?

Why would the agent say he's still deciding between the two though?

Simple... Get a little more for his client last minute from the Fulham end...

From Mark Douglas Sunday Sun

United also looked into Bryan Ruiz of FC Twente but even Llambias recognised it was a very long shot.

Virtually signed, sealed and delivered at Craven Cottage, the player was barely informed of the interest from United