Bryan Ruiz

JH

Is the general thinking that the board fed Craig with some bullshit about Ruiz? Just as there was nothing official ever announced (as far as I am aware) I was wondering where the whole thing came from.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case btw, we all knew there would be a last minute 'failed' bid.

Is the general thinking that the board fed Craig with some bullshit about Ruiz? Just as there was nothing official ever announced (as far as I am aware) I was wondering where the whole thing came from.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case btw, we all knew there would be a last minute 'failed' bid.

Seems so tbh.

Looking back, he said: “I was with the club secretary almost the whole day, waiting for faxes and information.

“We had two agents working for us in France and Derek as well.

“I was monitoring that and was also on the phone making sure we didn’t miss any other potential targets but at about six o’clock I felt we were in trouble.”

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Perhaps the most interesting point Pardew made today was that by 6pm on deadline day he knew he wouldn't get a striker... #ruizbid

1 minute ago

The characters we are talking about are obviously sly & untrustworhy, for me its highly probable it was all PR. I dont know how anyone can find that so ridiculous, especially if youve read the tribunal report. David Craig clearly has a comfortable relationship with them, feed a few things to him and hey presto (if so, does he know its just PR? possibly). Why would they do this if they 'dont care what people think'? Maybe to a degree they do it to keep fans hoping theres good intent & good progress around the corner and will continue going to games? To justify their 'we tried, it didnt come off, unlucky us' stuff?

it is unless you're in the denial stage

"I heard about the helicopter. Newcastle were interested but I had a good feeling about Fulham and wanted to stay here," the Costa Rican told The People

f*** off, you had no offer to consider.

???

Yes?

Either that, or he had already accepted the offer from Fulham.

Martin Jol failed to tell Bryan Ruiz he was banned from the Europa League

MARTIN JOL has confessed to pulling a fast one on star signing Bryan Ruiz.

Fulham's boss deliberately did not tell the £10.6million striker that he is cup-tied in Europe this season.

Ruiz played for FC Twente in the Champions League but did not twig it ruled him out of the Europa League.

Jol said: "He thought he could play but he couldn't. It was an advantage for us because if he'd known it could have been a problem.

"I knew it but he thought he could play. Just after signing he said 'I thought I could play' — I said 'No you can't'. Fulham splashed out on Costa Rican Ruiz to add pace and goals with the priority on the Premier League.

But Ruiz, 26, signed a four-year deal before realising he would be restricted to domestic football only.

Jol added: "I don't agree with this rule. He was pretty disgusted as well.

"Maybe if they were playing in the same competition OK, but this is a different competition."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3814682/Martin-Jol-failed-to-tell-Bryan-Ruiz-he-was-banned-from-the-Europa-League.html

What sort of idiot player isn't aware that he is cup-tied? Pretty sneaky from Jol there, but totally get why he did it.

Players used to be accommodated 6 months for adapting to the game didn't they?

This is the internet, sometimes people's opinions are stronger than they should be, more honest and more direct. I didn't see the guy play but my attitude is, say what you think but don't go overboard until they've played at least ten games. Take a look at Dzeko, a mate of mine told me he was absolutely superb before he came to the PL. I'd not seen him really other than in clips and most people were saying he couldn't make the crossover but he's turned out to be exactly the same player

Ruiz looks strong and quick with good technique. From what I saw, he couldn't handle the pressure that the Fulham defenders were putting on him and that's why he lost the ball easily on many occasions and rushed a few of his passes. But, he had a couple of moments that were pretty nice. I think he'll be a success, in time. He has to get used to the pace of the game first, but he has the attributes.