:thup: Cheers.

Sorry for bumping but

Jeff Stelling saying it was a PR exercise

What exactly did he say Sicko?

Basically why would he choose fulham over us

Asks why we didn't spend money

Questions whether we made a bid at all

Fair play,about time someone in the media starting questioning these pricks

Absolutely. Doesn't mean to say Ruiz wasn't a genuine attempt to sign him though.

I don't think it was a genuine attempt to sign him, but it was a PR exercise so that the hierarchy could justify their inactivity.

Either way, 10M for Ruiz is outrageous, so I'm glad whichever way you look at it we didnt succeed.

The real question to be answered is 7 months to find no-body.

Scandalous!

We know we made a bid though?

Inconsistencies appeared when different sources reported the Ruiz story on Wednesday night:

BBC Radio 5 Live reported that Newcastle offered inferior personal terms to Ruiz - Sky reported that United's offer was superior.

AD.nl reported that Twente claimed to have received only one bid for Ruiz - from Fulham. Sky claimed earlier to have been contacted by Twente's Chairman confirming our bid.

The agent of Ruiz was quoted by various newspapers in late afternoon as saying that Newcastle had entered the bidding. Sky later reported that said agent had failed to appear at an arranged meeting in London.

How bizarre.

Macdonald was on the Legends tonight and said he spoke to a guy in the Fulham heirachy who said Newcastle never had any contact with Ruiz or his agent and club   :shifty:

There you go said it earlier  O0

David Craig was probably told to leak the lies to appease the fans, otherwise what was that phone call at 4:30 in the morning to Lambias about?

This opens up a can of worms really of Watergate proportions so get the fraud squad in we have been shafted good and proper ,in all seriousness i hope the press and media go to toon on this lot .I know its only minor stuff to the outside but the gross incompetance or deliberate smoke and mirrors is appalling to me

Absolutely. Doesn't mean to say Ruiz wasn't a genuine attempt to sign him though.

I don't think it was a genuine attempt to sign him, but it was a PR exercise so that the hierarchy could justify their inactivity.

Either way, 10M for Ruiz is outrageous, so I'm glad whichever way you look at it we didnt succeed.

The real question to be answered is 7 months to find no-body.

Scandalous!

I think after getting messed around by plan A,B, & C in the striker hunt we didn`t imagine we would need a D and E. So then the Ruiz thing was a panic thing. Add to that Barton`s Drivel on Twitter, Nolan and Enrique, Visa`s etc things just didn`t go to plan apart from the ones we did get who probably had back ups scouted too. 

Guest johnson293

David Craig was probably told to leak the lies to appease the fans, otherwise what was that phone call at 4:30 in the morning to Lambias about?

They mentioned that on Total Sport, and suggetsed it was probably Llambias telling David Craig they wouldn't be carrying out any business, hence DC was camped outside S*nderlands training centre all day.

Guest bimpy474

I dont buy this PR nonsense, over and over again they have proved they dont care what their image looks like, or give a hoot what we think, i mean they have no PR, their mistakes are testiment to that, do people really think that one bid is going to make a difference, besides we had 2 other bids turned down the same day, so it makes no sense anyway.

Its been proved we bid for Maiga and Cisse on the last day of the window, they played hardball with Sochaux chairman over Maiga and lost, hence the bids for Cisse which was rejected, then went onto Ruiz, by then it was far too late.

The Maiga bid is the one which mucked it all up, if they had done things the right way first he would be our player now, just because Charlton gave in and relented and let us buy Elliot, they thought Sochaux would do the same, imo.

Guest bimpy474

They don't give a f*** what we think, but they do like to rip the p*ss out of us. Sky love the drama surrounding us, and use our name to keep people watching.

Yes but it would have been a bigger drama to see some of our fans going ape, if Fatty made it known we weren't going to buy anyone then i've got no doubt some meatheads would have kicked off outside the ground, Sky would have loved that more.

I dont buy this PR nonsense, over and over again they have proved they dont care what their image looks like, or give a hoot what we think, i mean they have no PR, their mistakes are testiment to that, do people really think that one bid is going to make a difference, besides we had 2 other bids turned down the same day, so it makes no sense anyway.

Its been proved we bid for Maiga and Cisse on the last day of the window, they played hardball with Sochaux chairman over Maiga and lost, hence the bids for Cisse which was rejected, then went onto Ruiz, by then it was far too late.

The Maiga bid is the one which mucked it all up, if they had done things the right way first he would be our player now, just because Charlton gave in and relented and let us buy Elliot, they thought Sochaux would do the same, imo.

and yet....michael johnson, charles n'zogbia. jeff stelling, george caulkin and mcdonald (as much as )saying they dont think there was a genuine attempt to get one or all of these players.

why was there a thread debating who our 'last gasp failed bid' would be for.

because we've seen them do this all before. we knew it was coming the way i knew we weren't ever gonna pay for n'zogbia even after 'bidding' more for him in january than he eventually went for. why did i know that? why was i so sure in february that carroll wouldnt be replaced properly? because i'm paying attention :lol:

i accept they dont care much what we think, but using that as your reasoning for why these attempts to bring players into the club are genuine isnt enough imo, not in the face of the evidence.

Guest Heneage

They don't give a f*** what we think, but they do like to rip the p*ss out of us. Sky love the drama surrounding us, and use our name to keep people watching.

I didn't see the coverage but yorkie kept me upto date. Did Craig actually admit to making stuff up or not, i mean where does he fit into all this?

I didn't see the coverage but yorkie kept me upto date. Did Craig actually admit to making stuff up or not, i mean where does he fit into all this?

telling everyone we've bid 12m (i think) for n'zogbia with ten minutes to go in the january transfer window? for pardew to then say it was 'an enquiry' later on. that doesnt add up?