Bryan Ruiz

JH

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye let's not tempt fate. I'm still haunted by my decision to shout "CHOYEEEEE!!!" in daft squeaky voice every time Somen Tchoyi touched the ball, he then went on and scored 3.

I think everyone's day went that way that match.

Very good player tbh.

He's got good technique but doesn't influence games enough. I think he'll prove to be a poor signing for what they paid

Nonsense. He's easily worth what they'd paid, even if he doesn't improve, which he will.

Very good player tbh.

He's got good technique but doesn't influence games enough. I think he'll prove to be a poor signing for what they paid

Seems very lightweight and a bit lethargic at times.. but aye, his technique, balance and vision is on par with Ben Arfa / Dembele / Silva.. Love players like that. He'll be a success, given time..

Looks a fine player from what I've seen, quick and talented, taken a bit to get settled but seems on his way now.

Dunno about "quick", but he sure is talented and if used correctly in a system that encourages his strengths and covers for his weaknesses, then he could end up being quite a threat. Not sure whether this will happen at Fulham with their current squad and imo (and as mentioned before by other posters) they over-paid for him.

Kinda like a left footed Nico Kranjcar - technically gifted and very good vision but due to their lack of mobility and physicality may struggle in the PL.

F**k it, now just watch him score a screamer against us on Sat  :yikes:

He's mobile and strong. He's a different player to the likes of Ben Arfa and Silva. He's got great technique so everyone thinks he's an attacking midfielder, but he's not. He plays more forward and he'll score a lot more. In time, people will see his quality. Jol has just set up the team in the way he has to allow Ruiz time to settle in. He didn't get enough of the ball playing up front at the start, so he pulled him back to get him more of the ball. It's called good management and making use of the players he has in his squad.

When's he's familiar with the pace of the game, he'll be moved further up the pitch and he'll be more dangerous.

He's easily worth 12m, by the way, and is good enough to play for a top 4 side. Young for 18m, Downing for 20m, Valencia for 18m etc. This guy is worth 15m+ in this market. The only doubt was whether he would settle in but he looks well on the way to doing that now.

He's mobile and strong. He's a different player to the likes of Ben Arfa and Silva. He's got great technique so everyone thinks he's an attacking midfielder, but he's not. He plays more forward and he'll score a lot more. In time, people will see his quality. Jol has just set up the team in the way he has to allow Ruiz time to settle in. He didn't get enough of the ball playing up front at the start, so he pulled him back to get him more of the ball. It's called good management and making use of the players he has in his squad.

When's he's familiar with the pace of the game, he'll be moved further up the pitch and he'll be more dangerous.

that may be the reason for what i'm going to say, that, to me at least, he looks a totally different player to the bryan ruiz who played for twente, not necessarily worse just different, less dynamic.

He's easily worth 12m, by the way, and is good enough to play for a top 4 side. Young for 18m, Downing for 20m, Valencia for 18m etc. This guy is worth 15m+ in this market. The only doubt was whether he would settle in but he looks well on the way to doing that now.

Nah.

Nah.

Agree, think people are slightly overstating how good he is. Yes he would've been a good player for us, but so far I've seen little to suggest he's been brilliant value for money at that price Fulham paid, let alone an extra £5m or so.

Also, in hindsight, I'm very glad we didn't end up buying him. Yes he's a good player, but he was never going to be the out-and-out striker we needed.

You guys are judging him far too quickly - as many on here did exactly the same after his first few matches in which he was shit. People have changed their tune now but you're still reserving far too much judgment for no reason. Quality always shines through.

Going to see what he does this season before properly judging him like. He is slowly getting to grips with the PL from what I've seen recently (well let's say, he's looking better these days compared to how he performed at the start of the season).