They were all right...

Tooj

Carroll replaced by Ba? And since we've sold Carroll, Ba has been a helluva lot better in the Premier League.

if you genuinely think Ba is a better player than Carroll , i've got nothing to say anymore. mind you , form is temporary class is permanent

Doesn't that completely negate your argument given that Ba has been an absolutely lethal striker for 6 years where as Carroll has had 6 prolific months at the top level and 6 which where very hit and miss? :lol:

Ba never play top level football until Hoffenheim promoted 3 years ago ,never scored more than 15 goals a season, and i don't think he will improve anymore, while Carroll show he's a up and rising talent with his 6 months EPL performance , that's what i think

so whats his record at the top level only ?

He won't answer that, fact is Ba has scored a lot of goals at every level he has played in. It wasn't that long ago when a few were saying "£4m for Carroll from Stoke? f*** yeah!?".

The argument is so flawed.

:memeyeah:  wasn't around just now

got this from wiki

Hoffenheim 

08-09    35(14)

09-10    18(5)

10-11    20(9)

west ham

10-11    13(7)

newcastle

11-12      3(0)

i'm not saying Ba is a shit striker , but i just think Carroll will be better than him

Totally agree that it was wrong to say the whole £35m would be invested, but I think it was more an instinctive reaction of a regime trying to justify a very unpopular sale than a devious plan to sell season tickets.

Well you would say that wouldn't you, since every f***ing post you make is an apology for the fuckwits running the club.

No offence intended of course you spastic.

:rockyII:

Guest dazzanufc1892

i totally agree but looking at who we were looking at, and the types of player they were, i would rather we hold tight if the moment wasn't right, see what he's like, if he has a storming october/nov/dec, then that puts us in a great position with player recruitment, if he isn't as we expected, then it shows what we need. We are not looking to be knocking on the top 6 or 4 for a year or two yet. Its good to be patient and make sure we get the right people in.

Ashley, for what people think, in life is a winner, and he has been made to look a fool in front of all his fellow powerful mates already, he won't want it to happen again. His history shows, he gets in nothing to lose, and i don't see any reason why in this arena, he wouldn't want to be seen as a winner. Nobody will view him that way if he makes a few quid, only if he makes a winning team.

Guest bimpy474

Totally agree that it was wrong to say the whole £35m would be invested, but I think it was more an instinctive reaction of a regime trying to justify a very unpopular sale than a devious plan to sell season tickets.

Well you would say that wouldn't you, since every f***ing post you make is an apology for the fuckwits running the club.

No offence intended of course you spastic.

:D :D

Like being kicked in the nads, this just isn't cricket :D

As far as Nolan goes, how can one actually be on the decline physically when ur only 28? Surely nothing a proper diet and more conditioning couldnt fix. Imagine Nolan with a Kuyt-esque engine. Would of been a monster.

He had a couple of years with Bolton, and 2 and a half years at NUFC to trim down and get fit, and for whatever reason, he was still blowing out of his arse by half time. Despite having a knack for being in the right place at the right time, he still was far too slow, and far too immobile. Pardew came in and said he wanted us to change our playing style, a playing style where Nolan doesn't fit into. Rather see a consistently young dynamic midfield, bursting with energy, than a slow talisman who'll pop up with the odd instinctive goal.

Edit: I believe this was SBR's thinking when he tried to flog an aging Shearer, if that was ever true.

As far as Nolan goes, how can one actually be on the decline physically when ur only 28? Surely nothing a proper diet and more conditioning couldnt fix. Imagine Nolan with a Kuyt-esque engine. Would of been a monster.

Imagine Shola with Ronaldo-esque physique, pace and finishing? He'd be fucking mint.

Guest bimpy474

How the feck would one wean Nolan off the pies ?

It would be like trying to stop bees making honey or knackers posting on here.

in light of this failure(nee striker), anyone who isnt a season ticket holder(poor sods) should stop going to the games.

don't think it would make any difference, if i lived there i'd still go, support the name of the club and it's players.

in light of this failure(nee striker), anyone who isnt a season ticket holder(poor sods) should stop going to the games.

don't think it would make any difference, if i lived there i'd still go, support the name of the club and it's players.

Except that won't even be on the stadium anymore...

You get my point :)

In reality now by turning up all you're doing is supporting Mike Ashley. I do not recognize Newcastle United any more.

My passion for football in general is pretty much gone and right now I couldn't care less. I'll watch the odd game on TV if it's free to view, other than that I haven't bought any merchandise in over a year. Why? Because I used to think my shirt money would go towards improving our squad. Now I know it just goes into Mike Ashley's pocket. Probably get a load of stick but I really don't care any more, that NUST thing needs to get going again to be honest.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They were all right to a tee

Nolan Barton Carroll Jose all big earners off the wage bill

Keegans words resenate the most

They are liars and take us all for fools

In reality now by turning up all you're doing is supporting Mike Ashley. I do not recognize Newcastle United any more.

My passion for football in general is pretty much gone and right now I couldn't care less. I'll watch the odd game on TV if it's free to view, other than that I haven't bought any merchandise in over a year. Why? Because I used to think my shirt money would go towards improving our squad. Now I know it just goes into Mike Ashley's pocket. Probably get a load of stick but I really don't care any more, that NUST thing needs to get going again to be honest.

Bet the squad is really missing your 40 quid, how will they ever survive without it?

Carroll replaced by Ba? And since we've sold Carroll, Ba has been a helluva lot better in the Premier League.

if you genuinely think Ba is a better player than Carroll , i've got nothing to say anymore. mind you , form is temporary class is permanent

Doesn't that completely negate your argument given that Ba has been an absolutely lethal striker for 6 years where as Carroll has had 6 prolific months at the top level and 6 which where very hit and miss? :lol:

Ba never play top level football until Hoffenheim promoted 3 years ago ,never scored more than 15 goals a season, and i don't think he will improve anymore, while Carroll show he's a up and rising talent with his 6 months EPL performance , that's what i think

so whats his record at the top level only ?

He won't answer that, fact is Ba has scored a lot of goals at every level he has played in. It wasn't that long ago when a few were saying "£4m for Carroll from Stoke? f*** yeah!?".

The argument is so flawed.

:memeyeah:  wasn't around just now

got this from wiki

Hoffenheim   

08-09     35(14)

09-10     18(5)

10-11     20(9)

west ham

10-11     13(7)

newcastle

11-12      3(0)

i'm not saying Ba is a shit striker , but i just think Carroll will be better than him

Ba is shit.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Guest Roger Kint

Since KK left i havent put a penny in with me having a 3 year ticket, left it til now to decide on this seasons ticket as money is tight, i wont be going back while he is here. Shit fan no doubt but fuck it. My money wont be used to piss on this club by that prick.

i totally agree but looking at who we were looking at, and the types of player they were, i would rather we hold tight if the moment wasn't right, see what he's like, if he has a storming october/nov/dec, then that puts us in a great position with player recruitment

No, it puts us in the position where we couldn't get him over the line when it was a punt on a player under the radar and we've got absolutely zero chance now that he's had a storming start to the season, he has more options and his club are more keen to hold on to him, a terrible position with player recruitment.

i totally agree but looking at who we were looking at, and the types of player they were, i would rather we hold tight if the moment wasn't right, see what he's like, if he has a storming october/nov/dec, then that puts us in a great position with player recruitment, if he isn't as we expected, then it shows what we need. We are not looking to be knocking on the top 6 or 4 for a year or two yet. Its good to be patient and make sure we get the right people in.

If the moment isn't right? Would that be the moment between 31 Jan and 31 August?

And why do we need to see how they play this season- have we not scouted them already?

Ashley, for what people think, in life is a winner, and he has been made to look a fool in front of all his fellow powerful mates already, he won't want it to happen again. His history shows, he gets in nothing to lose, and i don't see any reason why in this arena, he wouldn't want to be seen as a winner. Nobody will view him that way if he makes a few quid, only if he makes a winning team.

Please tell me you don't really think that's the case. Ashley is bruised by his foolhardy decision to buy the club and his bumbling mismanagement. Now he is busy trying to turn it into a cash cow to sell on and to do that he needs a loyal customer base who will continue to put blind faith and club loyalty ahead of all other evidence. He will be a 'winner' if he somehow emerged with all or most of his money back. That's the aim.

I was willing to cut you some slack for your long post, writing it off as optimistic. But that last paragraph indicates you're in full out delusion mode, and probably need a reality check.

Ashley in it to 'win?' LOL. Look good in front of his mates? HE GOT US RELEGATED. Treated the fans, players and successive managers like shit, was taken to fucking COURT where it was proven he repeatedly lied to the fans... Where, oh where, do you want us to see signs that he's in this to create a successful winning team? And I don't mean a trophy-winning team, I just want to win games, ffs.

Honestly, I don't think you and Ian are apologists, I just wish I could forget the past and the continuing stinking present which does little for the former.

I'm with you as we all are, we don't have a fucking choice do we? It was looking as if the fat one has turned a corner this summer with the midfielders and Santon signing, and if he had just shown a little more initiative to put EIGHT fucking months to scout out a decent striker -- nobody wants glistening players for 20m as you seemingly have alluded -- he would've given us a squad that the players, manager and fans would have seen as enough to push us on from last year's results.

As it stands, I don't see an exact improvement on last season's position, not unless Leon Best keeps it up and Shola suddenly becomes a world beater. And what if Best gets injured? Oh right, Loven and Ba then. Sigh.

And to those actually typing out the words 'January transfer window' and 'the right fit' ... you've gotto be taking the piss. There's faith and then there's imagination. Since none of us have been told by the club or anyone under Ashley that this is the actual plan, and has been all along, you can't be taken seriously as anybody can imagine fanciful policies the club is supposedly sticking to.

Guest Rainforest

Imagine Shola with Ronaldo-esque physique, pace and finishing? He'd be f***ing mint.

:lol:

Clearly where I was going.

Im not asking him to suddenly become the next walcott, just be fit enough to run for 90 minutes ( lose a stone or two?)

I was willing to cut you some slack for your long post, writing it off as optimistic. But that last paragraph indicates you're in full out delusion mode, and probably need a reality check.

Ashley in it to 'win?' LOL. Look good in front of his mates? HE GOT US RELEGATED. Treated the fans, players and successive managers like s***, was taken to f***ing COURT where it was proven he repeatedly lied to the fans... Where, oh where, do you want us to see signs that he's in this to create a successful winning team? And I don't mean a trophy-winning team, I just want to win games, ffs.

Honestly, I don't think you and Ian are apologists, I just wish I could forget the past and the continuing stinking present which does little for the former.

I'm with you as we all are, we don't have a f***ing choice do we? It was looking as if the fat one has turned a corner this summer with the midfielders and Santon signing, and if he had just shown a little more initiative to put EIGHT f***ing months to scout out a decent striker -- nobody wants glistening players for 20m as you seemingly have alluded -- he would've given us a squad that the players, manager and fans would have seen as enough to push us on from last year's results.

As it stands, I don't see an exact improvement on last season's position, not unless Leon Best keeps it up and Shola suddenly becomes a world beater. And what if Best gets injured? Oh right, Loven and Ba then. Sigh.

And to those actually typing out the words 'January transfer window' and 'the right fit' ... you've gotto be taking the p*ss. There's faith and then there's imagination. Since none of us have been told by the club or anyone under Ashley that this is the actual plan, and has been all along, you can't be taken seriously as anybody can imagine fanciful policies the club is supposedly sticking to.

:thup:   :clap: