They were all right...

Tooj

Carroll from August to December was similar to Ba January to May last year, has Ba been any worse than Carroll this year?

The Enrique one was being pedantic for the whole "where's these goals coming from" thing.

I would have thought that if Ba is our Carroll replacement then all that matters is how he plays for us compared to how Carroll played for us.  The same goes for the others that you have mentioned.

From what we've seen so far what gives you the impression Carroll would have been as good as that 5 month spell?

Carroll from August to December was similar to Ba January to May last year, has Ba been any worse than Carroll this year?

The Enrique one was being pedantic for the whole "where's these goals coming from" thing.

I would have thought that if Ba is our Carroll replacement then all that matters is how he plays for us compared to how Carroll played for us.  The same goes for the others that you have mentioned.

for a start we wouldn't play in the same style.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Too true.

Aye Joey, about as ambitious as joining Queens Park Rangers.

Ambition is relative.

Don't buy this argument, it's like dumping Scarlet Johannsen because she has stopped wearing lip stick and going out with Susan Boyle because she has started buying her hand bags from Primark instead of Oxfam.

Anyone who isn't directing vile abuse towards Mike Ashley needs to sort there craic out.

:lol: and who isn't?

This is the point, just because we dont believe everything those players reckoned doesn't mean we dont hate Ashley, i certainly do.

It's not even that mate. I believe the players more than I'd believe the fans or journos, as they actually worked for the club, and knew more about the way it was run than anyone else did!! I just don't see the point in bringing it up. Instead of posting quotes from Keegan and Enrique on a message board, protest with your feet! You can sit here pining for King Kev and lapping up everything he says all you want. It won't change the fact that Ashley owns this club. I'd much rather be part of a concerted and organized effort to force the c*** out of the club.

Protesting wont work, the people who say protest are as thick as mince (joke not meant to offend) if they cant see that he doesn't care what you say about him.

Put aside the hate for him, he couldn't careless if you hate him anyway, comments about, only thing he cares about is money, boycott he'll understand that, a hit to his pocket, he has so much money that this club is just a drop in his empires pond, he isn't going to bankroll the club but he isn't going to let it go under either, if we vote with our feet he will only reduce player numbers/wages to cover it anyway.

If protesting was to work we would end up with maybe him gone but a team in league one. I'd rather have him in charge and finish mid-table than hound him out and be left in the lower leagues, shitty deal but i'm hoping if Pardew can do a good job with what he's got then someone might look at us and want to buy us from Ashley.

I wont do anything and i mean anything to damage the club i love, i hate the bloke but i love this club more, we cant get rid of him unless he decides he wants to go, thats horrible but a reality no matter what we do, to think otherwise imo is flogging a dead horse, i'm getting behind Pardew and the players, if they do well great, maybe a new owner may come in or the fat idiot might put more funds in, i doubt the latter so i'm hoping for option one.

But this club is my love, and i'm not Geordie, and i have only a inkling of what it means to a Geordie, but if the little i've gleamed from following this club my whole life, then it means more than most people could ever appreciate, i just wont damage it.

Top post apart from your opening line.

Two sides of the argument which I think everyone needs to appreciate. Instead of us all saying those who are happy to sit back and wait are thick, and the ones who are protesting are thick, can we all not at least show some understanding that different people want to show their anger different ways? We should all support one another regardless of our differences. Ultimately, we want rid of the t*** and should applaud anyone who is willing to try and make him f*** off. I agree that people need to actively protest, and they will be taken notice of, that's not to say I'll definitely be out there doing it.

Try telling about 1,500 L7 season ticket holders that Ashley doesn't listen to them. It's the only reason he moved us.

He moved you but not him, thats a point about protesting to him right there, if i knew protesting would work i would do it too, but it just wont work, he is amazing at being able to just ignore the stuff rightly thrown at him.

We all agree he has to go, he is a cancer in our club but it'll be on his terms not ours, i hate to think and say that but imo its the reality of it, i want him out, sure chant at him let him know we hate him and want him gone, but when the lads are out there then i cheer them and leave his boos for him when it doesn't affect the team.

He doesn't just ignore the abuse, he obviously listens hence moving us.

FWIW, I don't want to come across as being argumentative because I see where you're coming from, but if you save your supporting for in the ground (which I am 100% behind), and you don't protest at any point...just when do you give your boos for Ashley?

Agreed! The team need support for 90 minutes. Ashley can be told what we think of him before and after kickoff. Nowt wrong with that imo, as long as the team gets the full support it deserves.

Some outrageous hyperbole on the forum at the moment.

What's new? :lol:

Indeed, who'd have thought most would be unhappy when we've a net spend of money this year. Fickle bastards.

There's "unhappy" and then there's "outrageous hyperbole™" though.

Carroll is looking an awful signing for Liverpool at the moment, will be interesting to see if he can stay confident and fit if he spends seven or eight weeks on the bench.

Still think he'll come good, but at the moment I would be very disappointed if I was a Liverpool fan.

Indeed, who'd have thought most would be unhappy when we've a net spend of money this year. Fickle bastards.

Aye that's understandable. Going onto whinge about our opening set of results and incoming buisness is something else entirely when they are positive aspects of the summer.

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

oh joey you thick f***, do you think money only comes from transfers, if the club you professed to love made a 1mill profit on transfers while losing 10mill elsewhere you's still only see the 1mill profit wouldn't you ?

It isn't just Joey who doesn't understand that TBF.

I'm sure the majority of these people do understand, they'd just prefer to hear the truth that's all...

Sometimes I wonder just how old some of the posters on here really are.  We dont sign a striker so every f***er whos said anything negative about the club in the past is automatically right.  I mean f***ing hell thats the logic of a child :lol:

To be fair they've openly admitted to lying to us before, haven't they? Besides...plenty of their actions speak far louder than their words. They don't give a fuck about us.

Right so they're a bunch of cunts.  How does that mean that every fucker that has a bad word to say about them must be right/justified?  What am I missing here?  Everyone knows that Ashley and co are tossers.  But some of the stuff Barton and Nolan ect have come out with is cringeworthy bullshit and it gets eaten up because they're against the evil empire..

Also apparently they do give a fuck about us, they care enough about what we think to mastermind a summer of fake bids.. :lol:

oh joey you thick f***, do you think money only comes from transfers, if the club you professed to love made a 1mill profit on transfers while losing 10mill elsewhere you's still only see the 1mill profit wouldn't you ?

It isn't just Joey who doesn't understand that TBF.

I'm sure the majority of these people do understand, they'd just prefer to hear the truth that's all...

which is ?

There's "unhappy" and then there's "outrageous hyperbole™" though.

Your right. I'm off to top myself. Good night.

Too true.

Ambition is relative.

Don't buy this argument, it's like dumping Scarlet Johannsen because she has stopped wearing lip stick and going out with Susan Boyle because she has started buying her hand bags from Primark instead of Oxfam.

:lol:

True. I don't even think QPR are any more ambitious than us, they just have a bit more money to spend and looser standards about the players they buy.

Too true.

Ambition is relative.

True. I don't even think QPR are any more ambition than us, they just have a bit more money to spend and looser standards about the players they buy.

he did say profit from transfer , and it's true that we had made profit from transfer!!!!!

From what we've seen so far what gives you the impression Carroll would have been as good as that 5 month spell?

I don't know that he would have been as good, but he was good and that's what we have had to replace to stand still or go forwards with our strikers.  I haven't had a go at Ba because I don't think he's had a chance yet but he'll have to go a long way to replace what we've lost.

Apart from Barton (ironic) I would have been let down with all their signings, as would everyone else.

It's all well and good pretending Barton has ambition but he will never finish above us again unless he leaves this ambitious club.

Cutting off your own nose to spite your face springs to mind.

Too true.

Ambition is relative.

True. I don't even think QPR are any more ambition than us, they just have a bit more money to spend and looser standards about the players they buy.

Exaggerated analogies. Last refuge of people who don't want to confront a situation which requires no analogy.

One club making maximising their resources = ambitious.

One club not maximising their resources = not ambitious.

QPR are more ambitious than we are.

he did say from profit from transfer , and it's true that we had made profit from transfer!!!!!

Well obviously, but he's ignoring the wider financial situation. What's the problem with making a profit on transfers if the rest of the club is making a loss? It all comes off the bottom line.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone who isn't directing vile abuse towards Mike Ashley needs to sort there craic out.

:lol: and who isn't?

This is the point, just because we dont believe everything those players reckoned doesn't mean we dont hate Ashley, i certainly do.

It's not even that mate. I believe the players more than I'd believe the fans or journos, as they actually worked for the club, and knew more about the way it was run than anyone else did!! I just don't see the point in bringing it up. Instead of posting quotes from Keegan and Enrique on a message board, protest with your feet! You can sit here pining for King Kev and lapping up everything he says all you want. It won't change the fact that Ashley owns this club. I'd much rather be part of a concerted and organized effort to force the c*** out of the club.

Protesting wont work, the people who say protest are as thick as mince (joke not meant to offend) if they cant see that he doesn't care what you say about him.

Put aside the hate for him, he couldn't careless if you hate him anyway, comments about, only thing he cares about is money, boycott he'll understand that, a hit to his pocket, he has so much money that this club is just a drop in his empires pond, he isn't going to bankroll the club but he isn't going to let it go under either, if we vote with our feet he will only reduce player numbers/wages to cover it anyway.

If protesting was to work we would end up with maybe him gone but a team in league one. I'd rather have him in charge and finish mid-table than hound him out and be left in the lower leagues, shitty deal but i'm hoping if Pardew can do a good job with what he's got then someone might look at us and want to buy us from Ashley.

I wont do anything and i mean anything to damage the club i love, i hate the bloke but i love this club more, we cant get rid of him unless he decides he wants to go, thats horrible but a reality no matter what we do, to think otherwise imo is flogging a dead horse, i'm getting behind Pardew and the players, if they do well great, maybe a new owner may come in or the fat idiot might put more funds in, i doubt the latter so i'm hoping for option one.

But this club is my love, and i'm not Geordie, and i have only a inkling of what it means to a Geordie, but if the little i've gleamed from following this club my whole life, then it means more than most people could ever appreciate, i just wont damage it.

Top post apart from your opening line.

Two sides of the argument which I think everyone needs to appreciate. Instead of us all saying those who are happy to sit back and wait are thick, and the ones who are protesting are thick, can we all not at least show some understanding that different people want to show their anger different ways? We should all support one another regardless of our differences. Ultimately, we want rid of the t*** and should applaud anyone who is willing to try and make him f*** off. I agree that people need to actively protest, and they will be taken notice of, that's not to say I'll definitely be out there doing it.

Try telling about 1,500 L7 season ticket holders that Ashley doesn't listen to them. It's the only reason he moved us.

He moved you but not him, thats a point about protesting to him right there, if i knew protesting would work i would do it too, but it just wont work, he is amazing at being able to just ignore the stuff rightly thrown at him.

We all agree he has to go, he is a cancer in our club but it'll be on his terms not ours, i hate to think and say that but imo its the reality of it, i want him out, sure chant at him let him know we hate him and want him gone, but when the lads are out there then i cheer them and leave his boos for him when it doesn't affect the team.

He doesn't just ignore the abuse, he obviously listens hence moving us.

FWIW, I don't want to come across as being argumentative because I see where you're coming from, but if you save your supporting for in the ground (which I am 100% behind), and you don't protest at any point...just when do you give your boos for Ashley?

Your not being argumentative at all mate ;), thats what this place is for discussion, i to my shame i suppose dont protest, i hate him but when he appears and the boos ring out, i tend to just ignore the whole thing, ignore him i mean not the boos, i dont want to waste my breath on him.

I'm 40 and am still in awe every single time i go to a home game, i dont want to waste my time on him, on my trips to my own personal mecca, i get to 6 to 8 home games a season, depending on finance, costs a bit to get up from where i'm from, i want to saviour that, hope you understand where i'm coming from with that.

Too true.

Ambition is relative.

Exaggerated analogies. Last refuge of people who don't want to confront a situation which requires no analogy.

One club making maximising their resources = ambitious.

One club not maximising their resources = not ambitious.

QPR are more ambitious than we are.

What are "our resources" though? We almost always make a loss, so unless Ashley is going to continue to subsidise us we will have to spend less and bring in more. So by resources do you mean Ashley's personal wealth?

QPR are trying to improve there squad going into the season, and they are spending money to do so, that is ambition.

If you agree with the signings they have made or not.

I'm oretty sure QPR fans will be estatic with the signings they've made tbf. There is about 3 people who are estatic with our buisness.

Aye that's understandable. Going onto whinge about our opening set of results and incoming buisness is something else entirely when they are positive aspects of the summer.

Who has done that?