Carragher

Dinho lad

This is hilarious, they are two totally different players who have totally different roles....The funny thing is Gerrard can't even get HIS OWN BOSS to play him in his best position. bluedead.gif

If we're talking about players in the same position I'd also prefer Xavi to Gerrard.  bluebiggrin.gif

This is hilarious, they are two totally different players who have totally different roles....The funny thing is Gerrard can't even get HIS OWN BOSS to play him in his best position. bluedead.gif

If we're talking about players in the same position I'd also prefer Xavi to Gerrard.  bluebiggrin.gif

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the PC..

bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the PC..

bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

That's what I think when I see people say they'd rather have Gerrard in their team instead of Dinho.  It's all about opinions. :)

The funny thing is Gerrard can't even get HIS OWN BOSS to play him in his best position. bluedead.gif

Jock Stein was once asked about Kenny Dalglish what was his best position, Steins replied: "Just put him on the pitch son"

You'd could play Gerrard anywhere. He scored 23 goals from the right hand side of midfield last season, Rafa Benitez is hardly going to put him in the centre when Sissoko and Alonso give us better balance.

What is the point?  Maybe it's if Gerrard was better than Ronaldinho he would have won European footballer of the year, FIFPro world player of the year twice and Fifa world player of the year twice instead.

those player of the year awards are an absolute joke half the time. The deserved winners rarely win and the requirements are usually to be either of Brazilian nationality,have protruding teeth and be an attacking player and it's far too biased. There have been plenty more defenders over the years that have been more deserving of the award but as well all know FIFA are a joke, and their awards are therefore usually a joke.

Which is why they gave it to Cannavaro this year.  :winking:

hence why I said 'usually' :D .......they couldn't have given it to Zizou after what had happened, of course France Football will probably give him the European player of the year (not that they're biased or nowt, j/k)

Don't remember the last time a defender won the award? The likes of Maldini and Baresi should have won at some point

"Jock Stein was once asked about Kenny Dalglish what was his best position, Steins replied: "Just put him on the pitch son"

You'd could play Gerrard anywhere. He scored 23 goals from the right hand side of midfield last season, Rafa Benitez is hardly going to put him in the centre when Sissoko and Alonso give us better balance."Dermot.

iirc about 15 of them were in mickey mouse qualifying games. blueyes.gif

Rafa will be out after this season when you fail to qualify for the CL.

Best friend of player says he wouldnt swap said player for the best player in the world.

Not a big shock, is it.

Ronaldinho's form has always been better than Gerrards. It is right now, it was last season, and it was the season before. Hes a better player, regardless of whether hes over hyped or not, and is still scoring shedloads despite being "off form" and looking half the player he was a while ago.

And of course theres a level of adaptability involved. Ronaldinho probably wouldnt do well at Pool because hed be in the wrong team surrounded by the wrong players to make best use of his abilities.

Agree with tmonkey. If you put Gerrard in the Barca team, he wouldn't have half the impact that Ronaldinho has when he's in that team. Two different players, different styles but obviously, to people who aren't biased by the 'all-effort' type of player that Gerrard is, Ronaldinho is the better player.

And consider the fact that Ronaldinho is the team that has won the past two La Ligas most important player, he is the better player. The best in the world. If Gerrard is so good, why the fuck haven't Liverpool won a league title? Isn't that how players are supposed to be judge? And don't talk about that Champions League, they only had to win 10 games (not that I'm saying it was easy) but when comparing to carrying a team to back-to-back titles, it's just not the same thing.

Agree with tmonkey. If you put Gerrard in the Barca team, he wouldn't have half the impact that Ronaldinho has when he's in that team. Two different players, different styles but obviously, to people who aren't biased by the 'all-effort' type of player that Gerrard is, Ronaldinho is the better player.

And consider the fact that Ronaldinho is the team that has won the past two La Ligas most important player, he is the better player. The best in the world. If Gerrard is so good, why the **** haven't Liverpool won a league title? Isn't that how players are supposed to be judge? And don't talk about that Champions League, they only had to win 10 games (not that I'm saying it was easy) but when comparing to carrying a team to back-to-back titles, it's just not the same thing.

Ronaldinho won Barca the CL too don't forget.

And consider the fact that Ronaldinho is the team that has won the past two La Ligas most important player, he is the better player. The best in the world. If Gerrard is so good, why the **** haven't Liverpool won a league title? Isn't that how players are supposed to be judge? And don't talk about that Champions League, they only had to win 10 games (not that I'm saying it was easy) but when comparing to carrying a team to back-to-back titles, it's just not the same thing.

Ronaldinho won Barca the CL too don't forget.

Yea I originally wrote that but since I dumbed-down Gerrard winning it, I couldn't turn it around and say that because Ronaldinho won it, he's the better player :)

I'd just be contradicting myself, making me look like an arse and hence make my whole argument invalid.

you don't need to talk about the Champions League, Gerrard wasn't even our best player during that run, plus he missed loads of the games!

As for Gerrard or Ronny. I would swap Gerrard for him no problem, and for Kaka while we're at it :D

But what's Carragher going to say?

Ronaldinho or Gerrard?  :confused:

Ronaldinho's a better passer, shooter and has better ball control.

Gerrard's a better leader, tackler and worker.

If you were to say, who's the better player? I would be inclined towards Ronaldinho because of his skill and sheer briliance. However, Gerrard is an out an out premiership player and would have more benifit to a premiership club.