Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Wouldn't mind bassong back to us for cheaper price. :)

Dead against buying back old players. He hasn't been very good at spurs either.

Was canny when he had a run in the team. Cover for LB & CB, but guess he'd be moving on to find 1st team football. Canny wage as well, rumoured to be near our salary cap.

What i do like is that the players we target/have signed do have good technical ability, Pardew has mentioned this attribute along with pace pretty frequently if im not wrong.

Along with background checks about attitude and mental strength and so on..

Guest Roger Kint

I'd have Bassong back in a flash if it was on the cheap; like half of what he went for. Can't see the board (or the player, tbh) going for it, however.

Spurs have a reputation for selling players at knockdown prices as well.......regular bargain basement!

I'd have Bassong back in a flash if it was on the cheap; like half of what he went for. Can't see the board (or the player, tbh) going for it, however.

Spurs have a reputation for selling players at knockdown prices as well.......regular bargain basement!

plus he wouldn`t be pissing off in Jan since Cameroon didn`t qualify for the African Cup of nations IIRC.

Would take Ridgewell or Bassong for a knockdown price.

Guest sydneycove

Brett Holman is out of contract at AZ Alkmaar at seasons end, is a versatile attacking player with unbelievable workrate. A key player for both Australia and AZ Alkmaar and available on a free transfer.

Don't think his physically strong enough for the EPL to be honest but could end up having a solid career like Emmo but I think EPL might be too much of a stretch for him at this stage of his career. Think Terry Antonis would be a good shout already tracked by plenty of clubs and would be cheap with a heap of technical ability.

Brett Holman is out of contract at AZ Alkmaar at seasons end, is a versatile attacking player with unbelievable workrate. A key player for both Australia and AZ Alkmaar and available on a free transfer.

Don't think his physically strong enough for the EPL to be honest but could end up having a solid career like Emmo but I think EPL might be too much of a stretch for him at this stage of his career. Think Terry Antonis would be a good shout already tracked by plenty of clubs and would be cheap with a heap of technical ability.

Holmans physically fine for the premier league. He was Australias best performer at World Cup 2010 and as a free transfer. I can see an EPL club or Bundesliga club snapping him up at seasons end. Antonis is a fine prospect but is nowhere near the finished article for a premier league side. He would be far better suited to the German league as his game is focused more on technique than physical attributes. However 2 more seasons in the Australian League for Antonis, he needs matches.

Guest sydneycove

Holmans physically fine for the premier league. He was Australias best performer at World Cup 2010 and as a free transfer. I can see an EPL club or Bundesliga club snapping him up at seasons end. Antonis is a fine prospect but is nowhere near the finished article for a premier league side. He would be far better suited to the German league as his game is focused more on technique than physical attributes. However 2 more seasons in the Australian League for Antonis, he needs matches.

Always been a big fan of Holman but look at the Aussies who have done well in the EPL Viduka, Emmo, Kewell, Popa, Laziridis all much bigger players than Brett. Brett seems more like Garcia or Elrich. They have the technical attributes but not the physical attributes to make it big.

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]hopefully  we'll be targeting a few players and be in discussions early doors with some (I know I know). The fact that we're unbeaten so far and in the top 4 for now is a good selling point right now while we're in the higher league positions..........

A striker (Maiga possibly) a good reliable centre half and another left/right back would make the squad so much stroner for the second half of the season. That's assuming we don't sell anyone too.

I think we are perhaps one play short in the midfield as well, one classy right winger. Like Adam Johnson, we can dream.

Guest icemanblue

Australian players are all unreliable, technically poor, lazy, drunks.

Australian players = Craig Moore replicas

Precisely.

Precisely.

Wasn't it Harry Kewell who proved "you can take the boy out of Australia, but you can't take the Australian out of the man"?

Precisely.

Wasn't it Harry Kewell who proved "you can take the boy out of Australia, but you can't take the Australian out of the man"?

Harry Kewell is the Australian version of Michael Owen. Both starred at a young age, both became injury prone both are twats.