Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest MrSundlofer

Did a similar thing in February: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74320.msg2833009.html#msg2833009

Some realistic transfers targets:

ENGLAND

Joe Bennett

Jeffrey Schlupp

Jordan Clarke

Nathaniel Clyne

FRANCE

Alain Traoré

Modibo Maiga

Cheick Diabaté

Mevlüt Erdinç

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck

Bruno Ecuele Manga

HOLLAND

Jeremain Lens

Erik Pieters

Kevin Strootman

Summary

This list includes backup players, squad players and first team players. The list is not 'the players I think' we should buy, it's just some players we probably should have on our radar.

MY TARGETS

A striker of course. To be realistic it will be Modibo Maiga. We also need a full back. But who? Will we go back for Erik Pieters? Bruno Ecuele Manga has impressed for Lorient, but is a centre back and I'm not to sure we will buy one, however we need a new backup for that position. Go for Darnel Situ again maybe?

I don't think Alan Pardew sees the January transfer window the best way to make transfer deals in. If we struggle to score, we will buy a striker... Don't think we will see many players arrive.

Guest MrSundlofer

Kevin Strootman has just joined PSV.

Correct!

Could still be a target, if not in January, then in the summer.

Guest sydneycove

Actually someone I just mentione in another thread who I think could very well be on our radar. Shinji Kagawa. Plays as a false 10 just off the striker and has done well in the Bundesliga. Young, good exposure in Asia and bucket loads of sell on value. Might cost around 15 million though so may be a bit expensive.

Guest sydneycove

No chance Kagawa would want to play for Newcastle. Brilliant player, one of the best in the Bundesliga last season. Dortmund

is a far more attractive proposition these days.

At the moment but they are schizophrenic as all fuck and the way they are going at the moment could very likely finish up out of Europe this season. I guess again more an August target in the right conditions (Dortmund continue their poor season, Man U, City, Liverpool stay clear of him)

Guest sydneycove

Can see him going to Bayern, Schalke, Inter, Milan, Juve, Athletico. A club on that level.

Wont be Inter they are doing an Arsenal to meet FFP rules and hoping that will save them and doubt Dortmund would to an in rival country. You are most likely correct but its nice to dream.

Actually someone I just mentione in another thread who I think could very well be on our radar. Shinji Kagawa. Plays as a false 10 just off the striker and has done well in the Bundesliga. Young, good exposure in Asia and bucket loads of sell on value. Might cost around 15 million though so may be a bit expensive.

:yao:

Centre back and Centre Forward and ill be chuffed  :icon_rr:

I would like a full-back aswell but its not as important as a centre back imo all we have is Coloccini, S.Taylor and Williamson(injured)

If Colo or Taylor were to get injured we would be f*cked so some more cover in that area is needed imo.

Read someone today saying that Blues will need to sell more players in Jan too to help their financial worries since the Hong Kong/Chinese fella turned out to be shady as fuck (quelle suprise!)

Would definitely take Ridgewell, was happy when we were 'signing' him in the summer. Not the best player ever but an average player who can cover two positions we really need cover in and given Santon can play both full back positions you could say he is technically helping to cover 3 positions.

Guest sydneycove

Jason Davidson could be a good solution at left back. Cheap, young and plenty of raw potential and currently playing for Pacos in Portugal.