Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Not sure how realistic it is but I'd probably prefer a PL CB if he's to come in and start in Jan.

:thup: even it is was just a Stephen Ireland loan with a view style deal. Need someone who is up to speed straight away I reckon.

Not sure how realistic it is but I'd probably prefer a PL CB if he's to come in and start in Jan.

:thup: even it is was just a Stephen Ireland loan with a view style deal. Need someone who is up to speed straight away I reckon.

If we all club together and buy a truck load of chicken I'm confident we could swap it for Samba.

:lol: Surely the last thing Blackburn need is more chicken?

If we all club together and buy a truck load of chicken I'm confident we could swap it for Samba.

No really. Which realistic player are you thinking about?

No really. Which realistic player are you thinking about?

Way to spoil my fun, like.

Alex, Bassong, Onuha are all pretty realistic whether it's loan or full purchase. A proven, or settled CB for this league would be needed, Onuha would also put pressure on the RB spot. Doubt any of them would cost over £6m.

Can see us going for Peiters and just see through the season with that signing, playing cb now, then settling in at LB probably next season when Taylor is fit again.

I hope if we really are looking at Clyne he doesn't get pushed aside now due to the situation that's arisen, he should be seen as part of the jigsaw, a different part but guess we will sacrifice any signing of this type to get a cb in.

Would he leave mid season with Montpellier comfortably in the Champs league places? pretty questionable... Douglas is far more likely imo

I don't think Douglas is likely at all. He needs to stay in NL until August in order to be able to apply for Dutch citizenship and be able to play for Holland, which is something he desperately wants. Therefore very unlikely to move in the January transfer window.

Douglas already got his Dutch passport didn't he?

edit: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11915/7289357/Douglas-moves-closer-to-Oranje

"I already dreamed of playing for Netherlands during the 2010 World Cup and that dream still stands," he told Twente's official website.

"Team manager Hans Jorritsma has congratulated me on behalf of head coach Bert van Marwijk."

He added: "I feel Dutch. I am very happy with it.

"I was keen to have the same nationality as my girlfriend and my daughter. I've waited a long time but now I have my passport."