Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Luuk de Jong or Papiss Cisse would both be very good signings. Haven't they both recently signed new contracts though or am I just imagining that? The less said about the Rhys Williams suggestion, the better.

Cisse extended his contract to the end of the season then he'll definitely be sold apparently.

I thought something like that was the case. I'm not sure if we'd sign a striker in January and then another in next summers window though.

Luuk de Jong or Papiss Cisse would both be very good signings. Haven't they both recently signed new contracts though or am I just imagining that? The less said about the Rhys Williams suggestion, the better.

Cisse extended his contract to the end of the season then he'll definitely be sold apparently.

I thought something like that was the case. I'm not sure if we'd sign a striker in January and then another in next summers window though.

Aye he's probably out of our price range anyway.

To correct myself, before somebody else does, he didn't actually extend his contract but agreed a wage increase on the understanding he could leave at the end of the season.

Guest magpie99

Williams has potential but is nowhere near the finished article plus I doubt he is much better than Tavernier, to be honest. I watched him last night against Oman and whilst he had no direct oponent, he didnt get forward anywhere near enough for my liking and he lacks pace anyway.

Luke Wilkshire is a far better player and has/is experienced tougher leagues in europe. I would have him in like a shot, even at 28 because he is a quality full back, with an excellent cross, passing ability and pace. He is also very adaptable and can play both sides of defence plus in midfield, if required.

Another aussie worth looking at is Holman. He is another player with attributes we could do with. He is a regular scorer up front for Alkmaar in the dutch league, works like a trojan up front, a good goal sniffer and a creator of chances too. He has good pace and would work well off the likes of Ba and Best.

Should go for swedish rb Mikael Lustig(Rosenborg).. He had a great game yesterday, and cant cost that much

Not good enough. Seen almost every Rosenborg game this season and he's ok offensivly but not good enough in defense.

Guest magpie99

The Sunare quoting uus going for Gary Hooper for 5 million in January from Celtic. I was all for us going for him when he was at Scunthorpe and I wouldnt mind seeing him sign for us.

Offer Celtic 2 million plus Fraser Forster and it could turn out to be a good deal.

Should go for swedish rb Mikael Lustig(Rosenborg).. He had a great game yesterday, and cant cost that much

Please no. Definately not good enough. Only in the swedish national team because they lack options at right back.

Please no. Definately not good enough. Only in the swedish national team because they lack options at right back.

The Swedish Erik Pieters by the sounds of it....

The Sunare quoting uus going for Gary Hooper for 5 million in January from Celtic. I was all for us going for him when he was at Scunthorpe and I wouldnt mind seeing him sign for us.

Offer Celtic 2 million plus Fraser Forster and it could turn out to be a good deal.

I've said on here about 15 times now that Hooper will be playing for England within a few years.

Wonder how serious our interest in Derdiyok is, wouldn't complain if we got him like. Pretty good at most things (in football)

Basing this on the few times i've seen him, but his scoring stats dont seem to be very impressive now when i just looked, surprising.

For squad depth really need a new new centre back imo. a long term injury to Colo or even Saylor would be a disaster, Willimanson being pretty much the sole backup, (unless you could Perch but does anyone? I wonder if Tiote would be told to slot in back). I'd honestly put it highter priority than a new striker right now. All the targets said I'm not sure about (Ridgewell? nah) A fullback who can play CB would be nice.

I've said on here about 15 times now that Hooper will be playing for England within a few years.

Emile Heskey played for England. Stop saying that as if it means something.

Wilfried Bony.

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/11156

Dodgy site to say the least, but anyway. 

"Newcastle United's extensive scouting network have identified Vitesse Arnhem forward Wilfried Bony as a hot prospect for the future. Wilfried could be the replacement for Andy Carroll that Newcastle have so far struggled to locate"

Been great for Vitesse so far, and got MOTM and a goal against PSV today.