Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Really like Graham. With hindsight would have been great business in the summer. Fits in with the defending from the front thing too.

£3.5m was a gamble but it paid off for them, wouldn't want him for the £6m he'd cost now, didn't want him for the £3.5m tey paid for him then. They paid what he's currently worth IMO.

I, for one, would have been happy if we did sign him for £3.5 million back then. Would have been a risk, yes but one I would have taken.

Guest VaVaVoom

Lets just say nobody leaves this window and we only get Tomkins in or another CB as cover then i think our "hitlist" in the summer should be.

De Jong

Cissokho

And a couple of young lads with potential as squad fillers.

Olivier Giroud will not move during the transfer window. But Montpellier striker said he would favor the track of the Premier League if they leave late in the season: "I always thought it would be a dream to play in England. But for now I remain focused on Montpellier and I do not want me to disperse. Personally, my goal is to score 20 goals and stay on top scorer, "said the French international on Skysports.

Guest WashyGeordie

Sky Sports understands that Cesena are ready to let Yohan Benalouane leave in January.

The 24-year-old is not in coach Daniele Arrigoni's plans for the first team and has been limited to just a handful of appearances.

The highly-rated former St Etienne defender joined Cesena in 2010 despite interest from the likes of Juventus.

But he has never emerged a first-team regular and is looking to move on - with Newcastle understood to be monitoring his situation after watching him in Coppa Italia action last week.

We understand that Benalouane's agent is looking for a new team for him, and there is interest from England but no offer at this stage for Cesena to consider.

I'm not sure about the Italian CB, why should he be good enough for Castle when he doesn't play regularly for Cesena? I also spoke to a couple of Serie A fans, no one really knows of him. We need Verthongen! :)

I'd also jump for Sow at almost any price!