Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Should he? I didn't know that. Good news...

Still need another winger though, as Jonás is looking as though he might be getting to the point where he's past his best

His injury was a 4 month recovery and Pardew (I know) said earlier this week in The Journal that he was due back in March.

Serious injury, will need around 4 months to get up to match fitness.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What about Jordan Rhodes? Huddersfield won't want to lose him and he may cost about £5m but worth a punt I reckon.

Gamble for that money

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Should he? I didn't know that. Good news...

Still need another winger though, as Jonás is looking as though he might be getting to the point where he's past his best

His injury was a 4 month recovery and Pardew (I know) said earlier this week in The Journal that he was due back in March.

I think it was said he'll miss the rest of the season but Pardew did say he's hopeful he might be back in training before the end.

What about Jordan Rhodes? Huddersfield won't want to lose him and he may cost about £5m but worth a punt I reckon.

Gamble for that money

May get him cheaper, think they knocked back £3m from Westham but I bet the player would make noise about leaving if we made an offer.

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas 1m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Pardew handed £8m for a new defender.... Transfer meeting this week to decide if Tomkins bid is upped. sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastl… #nufc

Tight transfer budget will not derail Newcastle United

Jan 1 2012 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN Pardew has set Newcastle a European target for 2012 - but he will have to recruit to a strict budget in January.

For the first time today Pardew insists to the Sunday Sun that Europe is a realistic aim THIS season.

But with Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote both set to jet off to the African Nations Cup before January 15 and the Toon board only set to add ONE player in the transfer window, it will be a big challenge.

The Sunday Sun understands Pardew has been handed a budget of around £8m to work with, and that West Ham’s James Tomkins remains a target.

But Jan Vertonghen of Ajax has proved too expensive.

The club will hold a transfer summit this week after Derek Llambias returns from holiday.

Tomkins, the subject of an unsuccessful £2.5m offer, is one player on the agenda and a new bid may be tabled.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/01/tight-transfer-budget-will-not-derail-newcastle-united-79310-30041007/

Guest Rob 1988

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas 1m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Pardew handed £8m for a new defender.... Transfer meeting this week to decide if Tomkins bid is upped. sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastl… #nufc

Tight transfer budget will not derail Newcastle United

Jan 1 2012 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN Pardew has set Newcastle a European target for 2012 - but he will have to recruit to a strict budget in January.

For the first time today Pardew insists to the Sunday Sun that Europe is a realistic aim THIS season.

But with Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote both set to jet off to the African Nations Cup before January 15 and the Toon board only set to add ONE player in the transfer window, it will be a big challenge.

The Sunday Sun understands Pardew has been handed a budget of around £8m to work with, and that West Ham’s James Tomkins remains a target.

But Jan Vertonghen of Ajax has proved too expensive.

The club will hold a transfer summit this week after Derek Llambias returns from holiday.

Tomkins, the subject of an unsuccessful £2.5m offer, is one player on the agenda and a new bid may be tabled.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/01/tight-transfer-budget-will-not-derail-newcastle-united-79310-30041007/

£8m Transfer budget we are so lucky we have billionaire owner :yao:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Get Samba!

Simples!

To kick on i really do think we need a premier league based CH. A foreign import would find it tough to settle in what is notoriously the most difficult position for foreign imports

It simply has to be Samba or Mbiwa. They want shooting if it's someone like Tomkins.

Samba, Mbiwa, Vertonghen would be good. Also need a full back, which side depends on where we want Santon to play. And two from a striker, versatile forward, winger or attacking midfielder, depending on how we want to line up.

Really pisses me off how it's been put as a choice between a striker and a centre-half.