Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I would have liked Gomis in the summer when I was kinda expecting another season of strife and trouble and thought we'd need as many target men as possible for Pardew-ball. Now I think we should aim higher, unless I am underestimating him.

• 2 weeks later...

Luuk de Jong should be easy to thrash out (low price or cisse in other direction)

Remy for Saylor is a fair swap (he he he)

Gomis should be available for around 2M? if that tw** of a chairman (or tw** agents) doesn't start to mess things up

Do we have another 5-6M for Ince?

Guest Roger Kint

Luuk de Jong should be easy to thrash out (low price or cisse in other direction)

Remy for Saylor is a fair swap (he he he)

Gomis should be available for around 2M? if that tw** of a chairman (or tw** agents) doesn't start to mess things up

Do we have another 5-6M for Ince?

Not convinced any of those are particularly realistic given the owner of our club. Remy made perminent at a push(dubious given his court case)

I am intrigued to see if January really is when "Nufc do business". It seems to fit well with our transfer modus operandi?

If we sign two "purples" I will be mightily pleased, a striker being the first and foremost...

They are more likely to offer him higher wages, and wasn't that the issue in the summer?

I can't really see us doing anything this winter. We are in a comfortable league position and don't have an injury crisis (so far) like we normally would at this time of year. Two great excuses for them not to buy anyone. Perhaps if we move Marveaux or Obertan on we might get someone in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25428652

Thomas Ince: Blackpool offer winger new contract

Blackpool have offered a new deal to Thomas Ince, although chairman Karl Oyston says the club are expecting more interest in the winger in January.

The 21-year-old, who rejected a £8m move to Cardiff in July, is out of contract at the end of the season.

Should Ince leave next month, Oyston does not believe he will move overseas.

"We get compensation if he goes abroad, but I think it's more likely a domestic club will make an offer in January," Oyston told BBC Radio Lancashire.

Ince is able to sign a pre-contract agreement with a non-English club in January, although Blackpool would be due compensation for the player as he is under the age of 24.

Dutch giants Ajax are among the sides linked with a move for the England Under-21s international, who has scored six goals in 18 club outings this term.

"Again, it's down to Tom and his father [blackpool manager Paul Ince] whether we choose to sell or keep him until the end of his contract," continued Oyston, who stressed that he would like the former Liverpool trainee to remain at Bloomfield Road.

"We have offered him a new contract. It's very fluid, there's nothing definite and I certainly shall not start speculating. Who knows what will happen, but it's an interesting situation."

Ince was the subject of January interest from Liverpool last season and turned down a move to newly-promoted Cardiff in the summer for family reasons.

He's crazy if he goes to West Ham instead of here.

See Remy going to QPR over us.

QPR were spending like crazy though, and he didn't know what he was letting himself in for. It's possible he might opt for the money again, but I don't think Ham are going to be offering QPR-style crazy money.

Guest Roger Kint

Gold/Sullivan have already said that they must sell to buy, both from a financial view within the club and also from Financial Fair Play rules too

:lol: