Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Bit of off-hand scouting...

Jean-David Beauguel. 21 yr old French striker who plays for RKC Waalwijk in the Dutch league. Randomly watched the Ajax match last night and he stood out for me. 6'3 with power and pace, and seemed to have decent awareness around him and held up the ball well.

I can't pretend I know anything more about him than the 90 minutes I watched last night (match ended 0-0), but he just seemed to have that extra something about him.

Jean-David Beauguel. 21 yr old French striker who plays for RKC Waalwijk in the Dutch league. Randomly watched the Ajax match last night and he stood out for me. 6'3 with power and pace, and seemed to have decent awareness around him and held up the ball well.

I can't pretend I know anything more about him than the 90 minutes I watched last night (match ended 0-0), but he just seemed to have that extra something about him.

Ronny Wallwork has done well to form his own club after that stabbing incident.

I probably say this every other month but Lee Chung-Yong? Bolton don't look to be coming up any time soon, have never been the richest club and the lad is still only 25.

We could do with more wide players and if he still has the ability he first showed he would be a cracking signing for the squad, plus he must want another crack at the premiership so it wouldn't take much convincing.

See you again in December  :laugh:

Been very poor this season and currently being kept out the side by Neil Danns. Think that leg break- which required two pins- has done for him.

I probably say this every other month but Lee Chung-Yong? Bolton don't look to be coming up any time soon, have never been the richest club and the lad is still only 25.

We could do with more wide players and if he still has the ability he first showed he would be a cracking signing for the squad, plus he must want another crack at the premiership so it wouldn't take much convincing.

See you again in December  :laugh:

Been very poor this season and currently being kept out the side by Neil Danns. Think that leg break- which required two pins- has done for him.

:thup: I'll still forget and mention him in a few months :lol:

Ronny Wallwork has done well to form his own club after that stabbing incident.

:dowie:

edit: :lol:

Top bit of scouting that me lad.

Was at Toulouse with Sissoko.

To add another Jordan to the list I would take a punt on Rhodes, would be a massive gamble at the price he would no doubt cost but he scores for fun and would work well in the centre of a 3.

Rhodes is a decent shout but we wouldn't pay the wonga if you pardon the pun.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/nov/14/transfer-window-premier-league-january-targets

Couple of soon to be out of contract types mentioned.

Filip Djordjevic (26, centre-forward, Nantes – Serbia)

The well-built, opportunistic centre-forward has been checked out by at least half a dozen Premier League clubs over the past six months. Newly promoted with Nantes, the Serbian has picked up where he left off last season with eight goals to his name so far. With his contract due to expire next summer, the destiny of the left-footed forward is about to slip out of Nantes' hands. Will certainly not be short of offers, be it in January or next summer.

Likely fit for: A mid-table Premier League team in need of a prolific presence up front – or even a financially reasonable back-up option for one of the bigger teams.

Transfer value: £3-4m

Johann Berg Gudmundsson (23, winger, AZ Alkmaar – Iceland)

One of several Icelandic talents who have recently emerged from Dutch football to form something of a "golden generation" for their country. Just two games short of a maiden World Cup finals participation, the left-footed wide forward – equally effective on either flank – has proved decisive for his country throughout the campaign. In particular his stunning second-half hat-trick against Switzerland unsurprisingly did not go unnoticed. Gudmundsson's contract expires next summer and the January window may represent the final chance of a payday for his title-chasing club side.

Likely fit for: A mid-table Premier League team with a limited budget keen on a versatile impact forward with resale potential.

Transfer value: £2-3m

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Yeah we do need a powerful striker who can hold the ball up and keep the opposition CB's busy as shown in the second half of Spurs when Shola was knackered and taken off. Cheick Diabete?

Why not go in for Luuk De Jong again?

According to Whoscored:

http://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/16/55/20/10/luuk_d10.png

:megusta:

Although it must be said he's struggled to score at all in Germany :lol: with that said though sometimes it just happens that moves don't work for you.

If we saw something in him before i see no reason why that has changed and we do like to go for players when they are at their lowest.

According to Whoscored:

Although it must be said he's struggled to score at all in Germany :lol: with that said though sometimes it just happens that moves don't work for you.

If we saw something in him before i see no reason why that has changed and we do like to go for players when they are at their lowest.

Swap for Cisse.

According to Whoscored:

Swap for Cisse.

Might be a runner - BM would probably want a cash adjustment in their favour because of the age difference but in view of de Jong's poor start in Germany and Cisse's former record there, it might not be too much. Saw some recordings of de Jong when we were linked with him and he looked a good player....hard to see why his move there didn't work out.

According to Whoscored:

You and Lee Ryder think alike.  :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-chiefs-set-discuss-6307576

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

According to Whoscored:

Excluding the passing, Pardew boner

According to Whoscored:

You and Lee Ryder think alike.  :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-chiefs-set-discuss-6307576

Hi Lee  :morph: