Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

More chance of them signing me but Lewis Holtby is supposedly on his way out of Spurs and we (allegedly) want a Cabaye type player.

Is he a Cabaye type player? Can't imagine him playing that role successfully. From what I've seen he's more of a Tim Cahill with better technique.

We've been playing Cabaye in the 10 role and it isn't really working so from what, albeit limited amount, I've seen from Holtby I think he'd be a decent fit there.

Think Holtby is a very handy player. I'd like him at Everton if we were interested.

That said I think he could be an extremely good fit for you. Seems like you're crying out for someone to naturally link midfield and Remy. Cabaye, IMO, operates best deeper than where a conventional #10 plays.

Yep, Cabaye operates much better from middle of the pitch rather than further up it. I would love to see a younger version of Nolan in that position for us, someone who can win things in the air, hold the ball up and knock a few in by arriving that bit deeper...

Guest VanBarduck

We should go after Gourcuff, he's coming back to his very best. If he can avoid injury, I think we might see the World Class player from his  Bordeaux days.

6 goals and 8 assist so far this season. ( And he practically started his season 2 months ago)

We should go after Gourcuff, he's coming back to his very best. If he can avoid injury, I think we might see the World Class player from his  Bordeaux days.

6 goals and 8 assist so far this season. ( And he practically started his season 2 months ago)

If he can regain his Bordeaux form then he'll be a more than adequate replacement for Cabaye (if he leaves that is). Gourcuff is more of a number 10 than Cabaye mind so it won't exactly be like for like but Gourcuff is creative...

I think if we are being realistic then the ONLY realistic transfer targets will be a youth player from somewhere for about £400k.

This is going to be the 2nd window in a row where w sign no fker, Joe was never brought in to make deals happen it was the exact opposite.

I think if we are being realistic then the ONLY realistic transfer targets will be a youth player from somewhere for about £400k.

This is going to be the 2nd window in a row where w sign no fker, Joe was never brought in to make deals happen it was the exact opposite.

This is basically our transfer policy -

Mike  "Good luck Joe"

Joe - "Cheers Mike"

Mike - "Now remember, if they think you're not trying you're in trouble right? The first hint of that and they will think we aren't even going for players, but then again try to hard.."

Joe - "We just might sign the fucking player! :lol:"

Mike - "Exactly"

Joe - "Nightmare!"

Loaning one of Chelsea's numerous attacking midfielders must be a realistic option. Just remind José Mourinho that NUFC have to play Chelsea's rivals for the title and I'm sure he'll happily loan us a top player he isn't playing. Pardew is supposedly friends with José Mourinho too.

Loaning one of Chelsea's numerous attacking midfielders must be a realistic option. Just remind José Mourinho that NUFC have to play Chelsea's rivals for the title and I'm sure he'll happily loan us a top player he isn't playing. Pardew is supposedly friends with José Mourinho too.

Think you are reading too much into the friend thingy. He loaned Lukaku to Everton ahead of us.

Getting Kinnear involved would be a whole new different level though. After all, he could make a phone call to anyone in football.

Guest Roger Kint

If that's the true price, we'd be fools not to go for him.

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/MA0001_mike_ashley_newcastle_united_nufc_770.jpg