Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I think you need another CM that can pick a pass like dear life. Even more so than two CBs. Was watching you against Arsenal and thought "ok, Cabaye is having a mare, who can they bring?... Guthrie".

Not saying that everybody should try to play like us, but Arsenal away was a case study on how inability to keep possession again and again invited pressure.

Completely agree, to me what we need is a CB, LB, back up to Tiote and a Passing CM.

Also has'nt Guardado agreed to join Valencia?

Interesting article in the chron about us having cash to spend but listening to offers for Gosling and Ranger, i still can't figure out hot to post a chron article properly without it being a major fuck on

NUFC boss given go-ahead to spend in summer

NEWCASTLE United manager Alan Pardew is understood to have had the green light to reshape his squad for next season – but Mike Ashley will not allow the club to live beyond its means.

Ashley – who stayed away from St James’ Park for several games at the start of the season – has been on Tyneside frequently in recent weeks, and has held plenty of high-level talks with his manager.

A healthy set of financial figures were released last week by managing director Derek Llambias, with the Magpies’ losses significantly reduced – just £3.9m in the latest set of annual accounts – and United want it to keep improving. The Magpies have performed brilliantly in the Premier League this season as one of the surprise packages in the top flight, and currently sit in sixth spot.

But in recent weeks the rigours and realities of the campaign have kicked in.

And with the likes of Sylvain Marveaux, Steven Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Leon Best, Steve Harper and Peter Lovenkrands all injured, a squad that has been described as paper-thin this season is feeling the effects as the season reaches the final straight.

Worryingly, with 10 games to go United are still just one injury away from a centre-back crisis and, as has been the case for much of the season, Fabricio Coloccini and Mike Williamson continue to be patched up and sent out to battle – underlining the requirement for defensive cover.

Both Ajax skipper Jan Vertonghen, who has expressed interest in a move to Arsenal, and FC Twente’s Douglas have both been looked at by United, but in what could turn out to be an extraordinary twist,

the Belgian’s exit at the Amsterdam ArenA could see the Brazilian Douglas take his place.

Ajax boss Frank de Boer had said: “It is correct that we are keeping tabs on Douglas as a potential replacement for Vertonghen.”

And Vertonghen said: “My agent knows what clubs I’m willing to go to. Arsenal are obviously one of them. Ajax are busy trying to find solutions to replace me.”

But Newcastle’s squad is in need of bolstering throughout and will need reinforcing if they make it into the Europa League, with the long group stage phases demanding for any squad.

The Chronicle reported last week how Ashley had already sanctioned one cash signing for next season, and it is understood that up to four or five new faces could arrive in the summer.

But the strategic and stringent financial approach will continue.

This, though, will be helped by clearing former England international Alan Smith, currently on loan from MK Dons, from the books, with the Yorkshireman’s big-money contract about to come to an end.

Last week Llambias said United were constantly “reviewing” their squad needs, and Peter Lovenkrands appears likely to end his association with the Magpies with his contract up at the end of the season.

Newcastle will also listen to offers for Dan Gosling and rebel Nile Ranger.

Meanwhile, promising defensive youngster James Tavernier is still hopeful of remaining on Tyneside with his contract also up at the end the season.

The Bradford-born player is currently on loan at MK Dons.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/14/nufc-boss-given-go-ahead-to-spend-in-summer-72703-30528379/#ixzz1p5eI97nm

It's rumored. Valencia usually play Mathieu/Alba as LWs, or Jonás. Guardado would be a natural option.

Indeed, also Alba could be on his way to Barca if the rumours are to be believed although i heard Valencia signing Griezmann is also a option which quite frankly would be a fantastic signing.

It's rumored. Valencia usually play Mathieu/Alba as LWs, or Jonás. Guardado would be a natural option.

Indeed, also Alba could be on his way to Barca if the rumours are to be believed although i heard Valencia signing Griezmann is also a option which quite frankly would be a fantastic signing.

Griezmann has been making sounds about wanting to play at a higher level for a while now. Valencia would be just right for him, I think.

Pieters looked alright in the England v Holland game, haven't seen much of him other than that though.

He just came off a long injury aswell, i want to judge him at the Euro's to give a proper analysis but the problem with that is if he has an outstanding tournament his value will rocket.

Anyway if he's one of Graham Carr's scouted players then i trust that he will be good enough for us.

Pieters looked alright in the England v Holland game, haven't seen much of him other than that though.

He just came off a long injury aswell, i want to judge him at the Euro's to give a proper analysis but the problem with that is if he has an outstanding tournament his value will rocket.

Anyway if he's one of Graham Carr's scouted players then i trust that he will be good enough for us.

Yeah, if he's solid and comfortable in possession he'll do for me. He seemed to get forward a little bit, though not a traditional flying fullback. Reminded me a bit of Ivanovic.

Yeah, if he's solid and comfortable in possession he'll do for me. He seemed to get forward a little bit, though not a traditional flying fullback. Reminded me a bit of Ivanovic.

That will do me, with Santon wont dont need two flying fullbacks not even Barca have two flying fullbacks.

Plus as pointed out he did call the Mackems " those people " and Krul needs a friend  :aww:

Victor Moses seems to have come out of his shell this season. Given Wigan's likely relegation, he's likely to be available and within our means.

We don't have a player of that type at the moment.

Victor Moses seems to have come out of his shell this season. Given Wigan's likely relegation, he's likely to be available and within our means.

We don't have a player of that type at the moment.

Still pissed that he turned us down for them a couple of years ago. I know they were in the Prem then, but we were well on our way to promotion at that stage and he would almost certainly have been playing every week given our options. Still, at least he's got hoards of empty seats to cheer him on every week.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I like Moses, real dangerous little player and still young. Not sure where he'd fit in, he's more of a wing forward isn't he? Doubt we'll implement that kind of system.

I like Moses, real dangerous little player and still young. Not sure where he'd fit in, he's more of a wing forward isn't he? Doubt we'll implement that kind of system.

If Ba goes, then maybe he could be a cheap option.

But right now we have a perfect front three. Its all about Pardew daring and taking the chances. Ba. Cisse. Arfa. great.