Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

adam johnson is around 90k a week not a chance why would he came to us to have less wage... probably if he left liverpool only the place for him to give insane wage.

His original citeh contract was in the low 20s, can't see them offering him in the 90s to sit on the bench, 50s aye fair enough, but even citeh need to operate within the financial fair play, offering a bench player 90k would be absolutely ridiculous.

city just renew his contract by double his wage last year.... from 45k into 90k..... I don't think city will do another adebayor loan type since financial rule surely they cant do transfer if they off limit their wage structure.

if we want to get some city players better pick some of their youth... their EDS squad. Scapuzzi is canny striker very skillful from what i see.... or some of their midfield + defender they loaned out.... their academy is great. Those young gun wont have chance to show themselves out if city keep buying big stars.

Isn't Belhanda rumored to be leaving for around £20m? Not a chance we'll pay that much like.

PSG linked strongly I read. Suspect PSG will be probably just horde a lot of anyone good playing L1 players to stop others having them a bit like Chelsea did early doors when they got cash.

Isn't Belhanda rumored to be leaving for around £20m? Not a chance we'll pay that much like.

PSG linked strongly I read. Suspect PSG will be probably just horde a lot of anyone good playing L1 players to stop others having them a bit like Chelsea did early doors when they got cash.

Can see Ba, Cabaye & HBA linked with these in the next few windows.

Not many players are going to want to move from the Premiership to the French league.

The major pulls I can see with PSG now are the real chance of winning French titles, working under CA and a massive pay rise and pretty much guaranteed European football. I don't think our lads are too money hungry, have a decent prospect of playing in the Europa next year with us and seem to like Pardew. Playing in the Prem is obviously a big plus on our side, plus the usual adulations.

Can see Ba, Cabaye & HBA linked with these in the next few windows.

Ba aside it wouldn't worry me in the slightest given Cabaye/HBA both gave up CL football to move here in the first place.

They might become CL and L1 title regulars but it's going to take a hell of a lot to make them into a dominant European force plus with the lack of draw L1 has it'll only attract a certain type of player, bit like the Russki league.

On the assumption that we don't sell any major players then I'd guess there will be about £10m net to spend and we'll raise a bit extra by selling some fringe players.

I'd like to see:

In:

Douglas Texeira (Free-ish?)

Erik Pieters (£2-3m)

Mohammed Diame (Free)

Junior Hoilett (£2m tribunal?)

Gylfi Sigurdsson (£5-7m?)

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

Alan Smith (Free but his grotesque wages off the books)

Obviously I think we'd still need another striker and a back up goalkeeper (as our goalkeeping options are crap beyond Krul).

If someone like Tiote is sold for silly money then we could get a few more players like Debuchy perhaps.

On the assumption that we don't sell any major players then I'd guess there will be about £10m net to spend and we'll raise a bit extra by selling some fringe players.

I'd like to see:

In:

Erik Pieters (£2-3m)

Mohammed Diame (Free)

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

Obviously I think we'd still need another striker and a back up goalkeeper (as our goalkeeping options are crap beyond Krul).

If someone like Tiote is sold for silly money then we could get a few more players like Debuchy perhaps.

Why is Douglas free? Why only 2-3m for Pieters? Why are we selling Best?

I'd like to see:

In:

Erik Pieters (£2-3m)

Mohammed Diame (Free)

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

Why is Douglas free? Why only 2-3m for Pieters? Why are we selling Best?

Because Douglas' contract ends in the summer, 2-3m is about Pieters value (you can bump it up a bit if you want) and I get the impression that Pardew doesn't really rate Best so I think he'll be sold.

I'd like to see:

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

With the solidity and effectiveness we've got from some of our fringe players this season, you'd think people would learn. Joker.

I'd like to see:

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

With the solidity and effectiveness we've got from some of our fringe players this season, you'd think people would learn. Joker.

:lol: I knew you'd say that since I put Best on there.

He's right tbf. We don't have the squad size to just be disregarding players like that. Of those 4 I'd only look to get rid of Smith.

We may not have a choice with Guthrie or Simpson. If we can't get them to sign new contracts they will go which is why I put them on the list.

Because Douglas' contract ends in the summer, 2-3m is about Pieters value (you can bump it up a bit if you want) and I get the impression that Pardew doesn't really rate Best so I think he'll be sold.

I'm sure that's how PSV will see it.. A Dutch international at a good age playing in a position where talent is really hard to come by.

I'd like to see:

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

Best has started for the 5th or 6th best team in the league just about every time he's been fit, and was a key reason we were 3rd after 12 games or whatever.

Would I start him when everyone is fit? Of course not. But he's proven himself to be a very capable squad player, and to sack him off for peanuts makes no sense whatsoever unless you've got something personal against the lad, which you obviously have.

Guthrie away on a free - Why? What purpose does this serve? Simpson away for peanuts too despite being at worst an OK squad player with a questionable attitude? Smith's irrelevant because he's essentially no longer an Newcastle player who will cease being an employee by June.

Just seems you want the players out that you personally don't like. Football doesn't work like that. We need 2 players for every position at a minimum.

I'd like to see:

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

Best has started for the 5th or 6th best team in the league just about every time he's been fit, and was a key reason we were 3rd after 12 games or whatever.

Would I start him when everyone is fit? Of course not. But he's proven himself to be a very capable squad player, and to sack him off for peanuts makes no sense whatsoever unless you've got something personal against the lad, which you obviously have.

Guthrie away on a free - Why? What purpose does this serve? Simpson away for peanuts too despite being at worst an OK squad player with a questionable attitude? Smith's irrelevant because he's essentially no longer an Newcastle player who will cease being an employee by June.

Just seems you want the players out that you personally don't like. Football doesn't work like that. We need 2 players for every position at a minimum.

No I like Guthrie. I just think that he and Simpson will go because of their contract situations.

I'd like to see:

Out:

Guthrie (Free)

Leon Best (£1-2m)

Danny Simpson (£2m)

No I like Guthrie. I just think that he and Simpson will go because of their contract situations.

And you'd like to see that? That's how you presented it. Sorry if I've misunderstood.