Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I am actually having 2nd thoughts about what sort of CM we need, Cabaye has really impressed me has the furthest forward CM id like to see him stay there and get a midfielder of the Arteta type that is capable of getting forward but primary job is to help us retain possession better and spray passes about alongside Tiote.

Really torn between what we need tbh.

Oddly I'd be reasonably happy with a new left winger and Jonas moved into the centre more permanently, think he's done well enough there, and suits being with a attacking playmaker and a destroyer, does the water carrying.

If we lose tiote, how about a cheeky bid for Lucas from Liverpool? Dagliesh will no doubt will want to off load the fancy foreigners in his squad to replace them with more proper british players with heart.

Just noticed Royston Drenthe is supposedly out of contract in the summer. Wouldn't mind him. Could do a job on either wing and as a left back. Good pace and shooting and still only 25.

He's a lunatic and often a liability on the pitch. Not to mention a liability off the pitch if rumours are to be believed.

Can be exciting to watch & has got his fair share of goals and assists but I'd only keep him on a reasonable wage (which I'm sure he will think he's above and some daft club will indulge him).

Just noticed Royston Drenthe is supposedly out of contract in the summer. Wouldn't mind him. Could do a job on either wing and as a left back. Good pace and shooting and still only 25.

He's a lunatic and often a liability on the pitch. Not to mention a liability off the pitch if rumours are to be believed.

Can be exciting to watch & has got his fair share of goals and assists but I'd only keep him on a reasonable wage (which I'm sure he will think he's above and some daft club will indulge him).

What makes him a lunatic and what are these off the pitch rumours you mention? I know he's into rap music, but I haven't ever heard he got himself into trouble. Also, as you see him more than me (Feyenoord is my hometown club and I know him best from that period, since then it's been mainly the odd Madrid appearance and MOTD), what makes him a liability on the pitch?

What makes him a lunatic and what are these off the pitch rumours you mention? I know he's into rap music, but I haven't ever heard he got himself into trouble. Also, as you see him more than me (Feyenoord is my hometown club and I know him best from that period, since then it's been mainly the odd Madrid appearance and MOTD), what makes him a liability on the pitch?

On the pitch one of his main failings is when he doesn't get given a foul then sits on the floor sulking for literally about 20 secs while the opposition break on us with the ball he's just lost. Also dives a lot which I don't like. Doesn't track back much. Has spells where he loses his head, throws a tantrum and starts making ridiculous fouls too, a few times this season he's had to be calmed down by Heitinga sprinting half the pitch to talk to him in Dutch while he has a strop.

Off the pitch, there's been loads of rumours about him turning up to training late, hungover etc. I know he's out in town a lot & lets just say not always with the best kind of crowd. He was on 'compassionate leave' for some unknown off-field problems for about 2 weeks recently too. 

Don't get me wrong he has his plus points too- good dribbler, fast, can be exciting to watch, has a good long-range shot and not bad at set pieces.

If he stayed I wouldn't be disappointed but it has to be on reasonable terms for the club. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care if he left.

Fair enough. I think their will be plenty of interest if he's available on a free. Coincidentally, can you confirm this to be the case?

Yeah. We only signed him on a season long loan & his contract at Madrid is up in the summer.

I think Guthrie is bluffing. He'll stay. Teams like (no offence) wba and swansea will offer him contracts and he will decide to stay, as he can certainly play a role for us

Can't say I agree. He'd be perfect at the top of the midfield 3 where Cabaye's played recently. Cabaye can still do a good job deeper as long as he's part of a 3 I think.

Offers a goal threat from midfield, which is certainly something we lack

I wouldn't mind him, absolutely not, but ideally i would like to see a playmaker with a burst of pace, one who can distribute the ball well and make some nice runs from the centre of midfield with/without the ball.

That's what i was thinking.

Tiote        Cabaye

Sigurdsson   

Ben Arfa                                            Ba

Cisse                     

That's what i was thinking.

Tiote        Cabaye

Belhanda   

Ben Arfa                                            Ba

Cisse                     

;)

Don't see why people insist on putting Cabaye deep in their formations, when he's been infinitely better when pushed further forward.

Just because he is not the most advanced of the midfield 3 does not mean that he has to play deep.

'

In a midfield 3, I'd always like to see a competent dribbler in there.

I wouldn't want Siggurdson that much mainly because I want a quicker player in there, We aren't a team up for dilly dallying on the ball, we still play quite direct counter attacking footie with our forward line. We do keep it on the deck though. But as we saw against Bolton, when they don't commit forward and we don't get some obvious space to take advantage on we are pretty were quickly running out of ideas.

Get Diame along Tiote and let Cabaye get further forward.

Wouldn't mind Diame, good player, would like to see us aim a bit higher though, at least for our starting eleven. What a difference Cisse and HBA have done as they are high quality players (counting HBA as a new)