Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I dont know what we are tracking but i have finally fell on the type of player i think we need......

Arteta type that is well adversed at playing the Cabaye role (furthest of midfield 3) but primary role is to sit deep alongside Tiote and spray passes and help keep possession better.

Also because Cabaye and this new player ( in theory atleast) can play both roles means they can interchange and swap roles and make us unpredictable.

Only problem is where do we find such a player ?  :undecided:

I dont think we need a player like Sigurdsson because iam very impressed with Cabaye in that role just need someone alongside Tiote like i just mentioned but can also play the Cabaye role.

To keep us unpredictable and because of inevitable injuries and suspensions.

I think we should discuss the look of Belhanda and how he can most likely cover all midfield positions and also play as the #10.

He got epic skillz.

We have been linked to him. Think bigger clubs will get him though. Really hope we are looking at that kind of a player, we need someone through the middle with flair and I am happy with Ben Arfa on one wing or the other.

Cabaye            Tiote

Belhanda

Hoilett                          Ben Arfa

Cisse

I think we should discuss the look of Belhanda and how he can most likely cover all midfield positions and also play as the #10.

He got epic skillz.

A bit unrealistic i feel, he would be an outstanding signing but i reckon he will go for an amount that we cant afford.

I do think Marvin Martin is a realistic target tho and would be a very good signing to go alongside Tiote and Cabaye.

is this dood realistic ?.......

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11812/7656952/Martin-looking-to-move-on

Sochaux looking very likely to get relegated so pretty much nailed on Martin and Boudebouz will be offski this summer.

We have been linked with Martin in the past actually so I reckon he is certainly a realistic target. A bright, young(ish) talent and he looks very neat on the ball - would be a good signing. Highly rated in France too from what I gather.

Marvin Martin has been absolutely class in the two games I've seen him play. Sochaux are struggling, but he still gets in the French national squad I think. Would be a great signing, but there'll be plenty of teams in for him. I'm sure he'd be a good upgrade on Rosicky for Arsenal

I would think Graham Carr has seen a lot of Marvin Martin he watched Maiga for a long time so must of seen the quality of Martin think it was 14 assists he got last season for Sochaux, Demba Ba and Cisse would score even more goals with this guys delivery in the team when ever I have seen him he has played right of a three though could be a perfect addition if Pardew wants to play 4-3-3 next season with

Tiote holding Cabaye and Martin either side then Ben Arfa right of Cisse and Ba off the left... wonder how much he would cost though surely he will be very good value if they do get relagated.

Wonder if Pardew and his crew are looking up Gökhan Töre from HSV, incredible dribbling skills on the former chelsea man. Only 19 and will get even better.

Just bought him in FM, so I'm all for this.

Martin is probably a tad unrealistic. If Sochaux don't get relegated then there's no way we'll pay the money they want for him. Even if they do, there will probably be bigger clubs in for him.

I would think Graham Carr has seen a lot of Marvin Martin he watched Maiga for a long time so must of seen the quality of Martin think it was 14 assists he got last season for Sochaux, Demba Ba and Cisse would score even more goals with this guys delivery in the team when ever I have seen him he has played right of a three though could be a perfect addition if Pardew wants to play 4-3-3 next season with

Tiote holding Cabaye and Martin either side then Ben Arfa right of Cisse and Ba off the left... wonder how much he would cost though surely he will be very good value if they do get relagated.

Think it would depend if he flys under the radar of the rich clubs .. ie. PSG, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, FC Bayern ...

We're not exactly unattractive ourselves, we're not Wigan, especially not at this moment. If a player of Debuchy's calibre wants to play for us im sure players like Martin and the likes would find us attractive enough to join.

Few journo's seem to think Adam Johnson will be getting sold this summer.

Problem with Johnson is he goes into hiding alot and has little 10-15 min bursts, he's pretty much a MOTD player and quite frankly not consistent enough.

I wonder how much City are looking to get for him tho.

We're not exactly unattractive ourselves, we're not Wigan, especially not at this moment. If a player of Debuchy's calibre wants to play for us im sure players like Martin and the likes would find us attractive enough to join.

Agree with this  :thup:

With the board we have now, we will never know what players we are looking at. However I'm more optimistic now then last year. And it proved to be a hell of a good one. What also is quite encouraging is that Pardew will still be here, there won't be change of personell because a new manager wants his acquisitions and so fourth. So we will build on what we have with a plan to go for.

Also we got some wages beeing freed up with smith and loven definitely going. Hopefully, but doubting Xisco will go. This will make it possible to add a few new faces to the squad under the current regime without breaking the clubs policy and wage budget.

Few journo's seem to think Adam Johnson will be getting sold this summer.

A few Man City fans i know don't seem overly impressed. Great for the highlights reel, but loses possession an awful lot.