Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

For me to improve next season we need to bring in top players to play the follwoing position:

CB -staylor had an outstanding start but still need the top class cover

RB simmo is average to poor prem rb

CM – jonas works his socks off and i like him but need another quality cm to take his place. Another cabaye please lol.

LW – BA does not cut it out on the left and need someone in the HBA mould that can beat people at will. Hoillet anyone?

I'd agree with all four.

On the full back position, I think we could alternatively buy another LB and switch Santon to the right.

RB debuchy

CB douglas

CM Sygnaunsson???

LW Moses

A bit too simplistic for our transfer strategy

Debuchy and Douglas I haven't seen. Sigurdsson I'm not sure about. He can certainly shoot but I've yet to catch a game where his all round game has impressed me. That could just be down to chance, because even the best players don't shine every time.

Moses has come of age this season, but I think it would now take a lot of money to prize him away and the club won't pay premiums for players in the spotlight. Hoilett we could perhaps get if we were able to offer CL, but even then I think other clubs might offer him more money. Zaha looks a major talent, but then again Palace can maybe demand a large fee if other clubs are interested.

The best value is abroad and I suspect that's where the club will look again.

This is like Kevin Keegan era deja vu.

All out attacking, no defense. When we don't score on our clear-cut chances, we lose in bad numbers like against Wigan.

It's so obvious we need a stronger defensive back (either side works for me) and also an improvement on Willy in CB along with another CM, either a creative fucking artist or the typical leader which we're currently lacking unless Cabaye is gonna be that guy in midfield next season.

This is like Kevin Keegan era deja vu.

All out attacking, no defense. When we don't score on our clear-cut chances, we lose in bad numbers like against Wigan.

It's so obvious we need a stronger defensive back (either side works for me) and also an improvement on Willy in CB along with another CM, either a creative f***ing artist or the typical leader which we're currently lacking unless Cabaye is gonna be that guy in midfield next season.

no it isn't, for a start we aren't all out attack (neither were we then). the problem we have is that when we get sussed the players seem that drilled they'll not adapt themselves during the game (we are lacking that sort of leader on the pitch).

We lack guile and cunning when we're up against it (slow it down, control ball etc). Like the above we don't seem to be able to adapt quick enough to counter other systems.

I would like to see us adapt a system like Athletic Bilbao's this season i.e. High pressing 433, 100% work rate, attack the oppoenent no matter who it is and stick to your guns.

Back to the thread... :blush:

I would go for three "proven" signings and three up and comings:

Douglas

Debuchy

Diame

Cabral

De Jong

Ohter striker

I reckon we will get rid/they'll leave:

Best/Lovens/Simpson (contract)/Guthrie/Ober/Smith (Yippee)/Xisco/Foster

Might get 10 million for that lot? Foster/Simps/Best :kasper:

Douglas

Debuchy

Diame

Cabral

De Jong

Ohter striker

You class Diame as "proven" and Luuk de Jong as up and coming? The latter has already played in the Dutch national team and will cost 10 million minimum, so not exactly the up and coming, developing youngster who you could bed into the first team in the next few seasons..

6 in, 8 out. Not going to happen. :lol:

why not?

last summer:

7 incomings - Elliott, Santon, Obertan, Abeid, Marveaux, Ba, Cabaye. a mix of first teamers and youngsters/backup which is similar to what buzza's suggested.

8 outgoings - Campbell, Kuqi, Nolan, Routledge, Enrique, Xisco, Forster, Barton. 4 of those didnt play much or at all but again, not too different to what buzza's said with regards to Xisco, Forster, Smith, Loven etc.

With contract difficulties it is not hard to see both Simpson and Guthrie leaving, both futures are up in the air atm - Smith and Loven's contracts are ending, Forster will go to Celtic, Xisco will go out on loan yet again, we accepted a bid for Best in January and it only broke down due to his reluctance to leave so suddenly so i would be surprised if he is still here in September. Only Obertan would be the real shock but even then he's not really worked out thus far, and with us doing well in the league we may think we can do better than him. But i don't expect him to leave.

It's not really an outlandish scenario at all.

Also take into consideration that all of smith, foster, xisco haven't even been considered this season it makes it all the more likely. Really a net of 2 extra players and more overall quality...

Guest VaVaVoom

Douglas

Debuchy

Diame

Cabral

De Jong

Ohter striker

Id want to see something similar like.

I rate Debuchy and would be happy if we got him but i'd rather we got a LB and moved Santon over.

Douglas would be a great signing just cant see him wanting to be 3rd choice.

Diame would be canny. Cover for Tiote. Id like to see us get Sigurdsson as well and then we have a VERY strong CM.

Never heard of Cabral? De Jong would be number one striking priority if Ba goes otherwise i cant see him wanting to sit on the bench.

Over all i want to see... Pieters (can play CB btw), Sigurdsson, Diame and De jong. Maybe a couple of cheap young prospects too.

Douglas

Debuchy

Diame

Cabral

De Jong

Ohter striker

Id want to see something similar like.

I rate Debuchy and would be happy if we got him but i'd rather we got a LB and moved Santon over.

Douglas would be a great signing just cant see him wanting to be 3rd choice.

Diame would be canny. Cover for Tiote. Id like to see us get Sigurdsson as well and then we have a VERY strong CM.

Never heard of Cabral? De Jong would be number one striking priority if Ba goes otherwise i cant see him wanting to sit on the bench.

Over all i want to see... Pieters (can play CB btw), Sigurdsson, Diame and De jong. Maybe a couple of cheap young prospects too.

Why would he be 3rd choice? He can play alongside Colo and we can make Saylor 3rd choice

In any case I doubt very much when it comes to signing players you tell them where they are in the pecking order, if they are good enough they will go straight into the team

If we reach far in cups etc. us playing amongst 60 games next season isn't out of the order? Having 4 centrebacks capable and a versitile player to fill inn would be essential. And I do doubt a player would put their foot down for playing 40-45 odd competitive games during a season as a rotational part of 3.

Allthough I don't really think douglas will be comming in, just a feeling. Think we will turn to someone cheap we haven't really heard that much about, and/or someone will problems with injuries who will come at a cut cost.

madras: I meant that more in the way of some of the people on here in who and what they wanna buy... not based on the pitch.

Obviously, whomever that CB is, he'll be in front of Saylor.

And my vouch still goes to Verthongen... :)