Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Isn't Anderson out of favour at manu? Allways thought he was a decent player, looking apart his inability to score obviously. Great engine, rather quick, good eye for a pass. Would probably be an upgrade on Jonas in that midfielder role?

Dear God no!

Was very very good at the beginning of this season if not the best central midfielder for 8-10 games, but his attitude as well as injury problems are not worth the time or the money we would have to spend to get him here.

Guest antz1uk

if hoilett has turned down clubs in germany and turkey, if he's looknig to stay in the premier league then if none of the top 4 have any interest in him then i'd like to think we have more of a chance than any other teams of getting him

Guest Roger Kint

Sakho from PSG?

You could at least link the ladbrokes rubbish to go with it, its been a few minutes since the last time :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sakho from PSG?

You could at least link the ladbrokes rubbish to go with it, its been a few minutes since the last time :lol:

Sorry probably lazy on my part

I think he would be an alternative to Douglas. Left footed as well to compliment Colo

Sakho from PSG?

I think he would be an alternative to Douglas. Left footed as well to compliment Colo

Colo likes to play on the left side though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sakho from PSG?

Or is it due to lack of alternatives?

Sakho from PSG?

we don't normally play left/right with the centre halves but go more man to manish.

Sakho from PSG?

we don't normally play left/right with the centre halves but go more man to manish.

Manish can fuck right off.

Who do you think we can get as an alternative to De Jong? as that seems dead in the water.... i watch a lot of european football but i'm struggling to think of someone who fits the bill.

There's rumours Gameiro might get ditched by PSG... would we dare go back?

Guest taps01

Who do you think we can get as an alternative to De Jong? as that seems dead in the water.... i watch a lot of european football but i'm struggling to think of someone who fits the bill.

There's rumours Gameiro might get ditched by PSG... would we dare go back?

Not so sure we would.

Possible.... thing is i'm torn between do we go for a CF and a wide player.... say for example Hoilett and a CF or just buy one striker who can play wide.

I can think of plenty of young talented forwards that can play wide or central but not necessarily many that can play central and wide.

Perhaps that's why we was willing to splash so much cash on De Jong because of the versatility he brings.

I will be interested to see what sort of fee PSG would consider for Gamiero in any case.

Possible.... thing is i'm torn between do we go for a CF and a wide player.... say for example Hoilett and a CF or just buy one striker who can play wide.

I can think of plenty of young talented forwards that can play wide or central but not necessarily many that can play central and wide.

Perhaps that's why we was willing to splash so much cash on De Jong because of the versatility he brings.

I will be interested to see what sort of fee PSG would consider for Gamiero in any case.

a player flexible enough to do both, like ba. gameiro, for me, is too similar to cisse.

debuchy could yet have a huge part to play in this as, if he signs, we may well see a totally different ben arfa, allow to get more central with debuchy providing the width. could be a 4-4-2 but the likes of which we've not seen before and in reality a much more fluid attack needing a differing kind of forward to one we'd need in a standrad 4-4-2 with hatem plying the wing more orthadoxly (if that's a real word)

Talking of Gameiro I wouldn't be too surprised if we looked at him again, should the price be right and the rumors be true about him being offered to us. I'd still be chuffed with him despite last years snub. It was his boyhood club wasn't PSG?

I thought he was more similar to Ba than Cisse? Nippy player that can play on the wings, and poach a mean goal?

a player flexible enough to do both, like ba. gameiro, for me, is too similar to cisse.

debuchy could yet have a huge part to play in this as, if he signs, we may well see a totally different ben arfa, allow to get more central with debuchy providing the width. could be a 4-4-2 but the likes of which we've not seen before and in reality a much more fluid attack needing a differing kind of forward to one we'd need in a standrad 4-4-2 with hatem plying the wing more orthadoxly (if that's a real word)

I feel this way too, it would also free up funds to spend on Debuchy, CB and a midfielder.... also the system you are implying is basically a morphed 4-3-3 that goes into a 4-3-1-2 could work but would need to very possession heavy and have very attacking fullbacks to provide width but with Santon and Debuchy we would so that would'nt be an issue.

I have always had concerns that such a system could'nt work in England because of how wing heavy the league is but we might just have the players to pull it off as Ba and Ben Arfa can just peel wide when needed.

Do feel we should try get a striker who can play across the front line but i struggle to think of many who just scream from the rooftops so to speak.

All this Hoilett talk is nice, but it does'nt really solve the striker issue with Best leaving we would probably have to buy a striker as well so maybe its best to buy a striker who can play wide.... kill 2 birds with one stone as they say.

Guest The Enforcer

Regardless of what position Coloccini likes to play, Sakho would never join us man :lol: . Isn't he captain of his team who also happen to be one of the richest in Europe? If he ever left it would be to Man City or Madrid or something.

He was stripped of the captaincy and struggled to get in the team. When he did make a return to the starting line up, he gave away a penalty and got a straight red in a crucial game. I don't think Ancelotti is his biggest fan.

No chance he'd come here though.