QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

At least Marveaux and Sammy looked interested in moving.  Cabaye would look at lot better with someone making a halfway decent run from time to time.  Very concerned about Tiote's loss of form.  He looks a shadow of last year's player. 

4-2-3-1 still seems like our best bet with Jonas, Obertan, and Marveaux behind Ba or Best.  4-4-2 today was dire. 

And another thing, our hoofball and the majority of Krul's distribution was like an extra man for QPR. 90% of the time it was effectively giving possession away!

Full backs aren't comfortable in possession so there is no point releasing it short to them especially when QPR were playing high pressure game.

Krul 6 - Despite all QPR's pressure, he never had to make a meaningful save.

Simpson 7 - Much, much better tonight. Pacy and composed.

Coloccini 7 - Very good, kept a clear head when half the team were like headless chickens.

S.Taylor 7 - Class again. Great header off the line.

R.Taylor 4 - Very poor. Santon needs to start at the weekend.

Obertan 6 - Our biggest attacking threat, only one that gave us any kind of link between midfield and attack.

Tiote 4 - Lacklustre again.

Cabaye 5 - Depressingly poor.

Jonas 5 - Kept the ball well but no end product as usual.

Shola 3 - No movement, no energy, no nothing.

Best 6 - Decent, but needs more service.

Ba 6 - Needs to start, looks up to speed now.

Marveaux 5 - Few decent touches, not enough time to make an impression.

Sammy - Not enough time to give a rating.

People have to understand that Shola is like a disease, his abject play begins to affect the whole team and everyone begins to suffer for it. Starting with him is a terrible move every single time. He ruined every glimmer of hope in the first half, and by the time he went off all of the momentum was completely with QPR. If anything leave him on the bench and then bring him on if we are struggling. Never ever start with him.

Well, that was utter shit!

No game plan, no changes by Pardew.

We made QPR look like Barca.

Unbelievable.

We was so lucky its not even fun!

If i see us try playing 442 with ameobi from start again, i will go mental.

We play 1000% better  in a  4231, better movement, more speed, and able to keep hold of the ball.

Im pissed now, fucking awful!

And another thing, our hoofball and the majority of Krul's distribution was like an extra man for QPR. 90% of the time it was effectively giving possession away!

Full backs aren't comfortable in possession so there is no point releasing it short to them especially when QPR were playing high pressure game.

Wasn't really blaming Krul btw. Should have had more movement in front of him and players actively looking for the ball. He probably played to orders and with what was available to him.

Decent point, these are games that we always usually lose. Having said that, that's really where the plus points end. That was very difficult to watch and we barely played any sort of football.

Krul 6- not too many saves to make despite QPR pressure.

Simpson- 6- Out of position a lot but in the first half probably our best performer.

Raylor- 4- Poor, offered nothing going forward either.

Colo-7-Solid as usual.

Saylor- 7- Stupid booking aside, another good shift.

Tiote -4- Miles off the pace.

Cabaye-4- Game completely passed him by.

Obertan- 5- Some early promise but faded badly.

Jonas-6 Usual Jonas, lots of effort and running but created nowt.

Shola- 4- Infuriating.

Best- 6- Looked decent first half but very little to work with

Ba-5- No impact at all.

Marveaux- 5 Not enough time.

Sammy- 6- Again, should have been on sooner.

Pardew- 5- Timidly played for a point, but in the circs a semi decent result. They were always going to be pumped up for it and it was a solid defensive show. Disappointed though that he persisted with Shola and Obertan for so long.

I share this opinion for the most part.

Criticism on Obertan is harsh he was probably one of our better players in the first half with Best. Certainly dipped far too much out of the game in the second though when he drifted inside instead of staying out wide. However I dont blame him because we had absolutely nothing coming through the middle at anypoint during the game.

Understand sticking with Raylor although I didnt like it last match or before that. With two days training and alot of pressure around this match it made sense to give Santon some time to settle in. Hopefully Santon is in for Villa, should have given him some pitch time today though imo. Worrying omen that he might not start at Villa either.

Defence looked solid (Raylor aside) but we certainly missed any creative spark. Cabaye looks like Nolan (plus pace but minus any attacking influence).

What in the hell happened to Tiote over the summer is the biggest question. He maybe gave a handfull of balls away last year. I think he did it twice that amount in the first game. He looks fucking terrible. Flashes of the old Tiote today at least but some Bramble-esq mistakes in double the dose.

The pro's are that we do have Marveaux to come in who will certain offer us some creativity, Barfa too if we can just get him consistently fit. If Santon can live up to the hype our back four will look much better. Still not convinced by Ba. Would put Best up top by himself at the moment. League above any other strikers on our books.

P.S. why is Saylor such a noob. His attempts to psych kenny out was embarassing.

The solution to this shit performance:

Krul

Simpson Saylor Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Marveaux                          Jonas

Ben Arfa

Sammiobi

Get Raylor, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Perch and Smith to absolute fuck.  Ba can play when he sorts himself out, Best as backup.

Well, that was utter s***!

No game plan, no changes by Pardew.

We made QPR look like Barca.

Unbelievable.

We was so lucky its not even fun!

If i see us try playing 442 with ameobi from start again, i will go mental.

We play 1000% better  in a  4231, better movement, more speed, and able to keep hold of the ball.

Im p*ssed now, f***ing awful!

with cabaye and tiote not jelling too well right now i'd go for a more solid 4-3-2-1, we just about have the squad to do it aswell.

Guest VaVaVoom

For all we were shite tonight there is little point going OTT with the negativity like.

We definitely would of lost that game last year. Interesting as everyone spoke about the amazing team spirit last year but i think already this season we are working far harder as a team.

I think a few people need to give their head a shake.

AP needs to learn a few valuable lessons tonight though. Santon and Ba have to start next weekend. Possibly Marveaux too.

Someone really needs to have a sit down with Tiote and show him his best games from last year. He has lost himself.

Think this game was always going to be hard with the positivity surround the clubs multitude of signings and the Barton pressure factor for us niggling at the back of players and fans heads.

Think Q.P.R. surprised everyone with how quickly they have gelled. Taarabt was the major difference maker in the game. Q.P.R. offered attacks from everywhere including some flair in the middle. Taarabt will be offski in January if he continues to play like today, we did unfortunately find him in one of his "on" days though.

Draw away and a cleansheet and a result from a game we have often thrown away in the past should not be stiffed at, although ultimately we could and should have played so much better.

If we're looking for a positive it's that we didn't give in at any point. Everyone, and I'll take the liberty of excluding Obertan from this (I doubt he knows what to do), put there all into it when defending and we kept another clean-sheet against, yes I'll repeat, the most potent attacking performance we've had to weather. Well until they took SWP off the right wing in the second half - baffling decision that - and it all got a little stale.

Shit in possession, but their midfield overran ours, including the excellent Taarabt, who worried both our central midfielders throughout the game curtailing any time they had to think about moving forward. Obvious biggest hitch is Ryan Taylor who has nothing when we're in possession. Remove that one player and we'll look twice the team in possession.

Hopefully we come up against a more settled, less energetic, side at Villa Park with a new competent left back in the side.

If we're looking for a positive it's that we didn't give in at any point. Everyone, and I'll take the liberty of excluding Obertan from this (I doubt he knows what to do), put there all into it when defending and we kept another clean-sheet against, yes I'll repeat, the most potent attacking performance we've had to weather. Well until they took SWP off the right wing in the second half - baffling decision that - and it all got a little stale.

s*** in possession, but their midfield overran ours, including the excellent Taarabt, who worried both our central midfielders throughout the game curtailing any time they had to think about moving forward. Obvious biggest hitch is Ryan Taylor who has nothing when we're in possession. Remove that one player and we'll look twice the team in possession.

Hopefully we come up against a more settled, less energetic, side at Villa Park with a new competent left back in the side.

we didn't give in because they didn't score, and that was more by luck than design.