Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 42

Rich

Le Tissier also said he wasn't convinced by Best not least because he's subbed off every match.

"He had a little bit of a dead leg, and we didn't want to take a chance, so that's why he came off."

Again, not sure he was even watching.

Le Tissier also said he wasn't convinced by Best not least because he's subbed off every match.

"He had a little bit of a dead leg, and we didn't want to take a chance, so that's why he came off."

Still not an excuse to bring on Shola! Should have chosen somebody else.

Le Tissier did admit that he hadn't really been watching properly though when Jeff Stelling called him out on his bullshit.

Did he really call him out? :laugh2:

Well basically Le Tissier kept going on about Villa dominating during the game. Then they aired Pardew's interview and he said we dominated and deserved to win. Then Stelling said to Le Tissier 'That rather contradicts your interpretation of the game doesn't it? Were you even watching at all' and he made a joke about how he hadn't really been watching but then tried to say Villa were the better team again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

been working all day and didnt even get to listen to the match. can someone fill me in on the key points? performances? formation?

We played well. Neat, short, little long ball stuff (until Shola came on at least). Cabaye was immense. 4-4-2, Ba looked good.

the Shola bashing is getting stupid.  He came on and did exactly what we needed at the time.  He held the ball up well, helping us keep possession and linking up with the midfield and enabled us to hit them on the break late on.  Had one decent shot with his left foot as well although from the angle would have been unlikely to score from it. 

All these on here saying he done nothing and was a waste of space need there eyes checked.

been working all day and didnt even get to listen to the match. can someone fill me in on the key points? performances? formation?

We played well. Neat, short, little long ball stuff (until Shola came on at least). Cabaye was immense. 4-4-2, Ba looked good.

all positive it seems, i'm happy with the point like, especially since we went one down. let's hope he keeps shola on the bench and goes on to work out he shouldnt even be there

Guest CheickMansour

the Shola bashing is getting stupid.  He came on and did exactly what we needed at the time.  He held the ball up well, helping us keep possession and linking up with the midfield and enabled us to hit them on the break late on.  Had one decent shot with his left foot as well although from the angle would have been unlikely to score from it. 

All these on here saying he done nothing and was a waste of space need there eyes checked.

Guest hobshobs

THE SHOLA BASHING IS NOT GETTING STUPID. He is a complete and utter waste of space. A total joke. End of.

THE SHOLA BASHING IS NOT GETTING STUPID. He is a complete and utter waste of space. A total joke. End of.

http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/calm-down.jpg

Guest hobshobs

http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/calm-down.jpg

Agree Shaun. You know these kittens would have a better chance of fighting there way out of a wet paper bag than that gormless twat Ameobi.

I thought we were the far better team and deserved to win it really, nice goal from Best, thought Ba did okay. Feel sorry for Cabaye he deserved at least a goal, if not more, he really has some power behind his shots doesn't he. Far as I'm concerned Given is cunt for saving his shots.I thought Tiote's game was much better this week a few bad passes but he seems to be getting better with every game. Nice shot on goal by Shola, didn't loose ball to much, I just wish he could stay on his feet a little bit more and stop trying to get free kicks. Very happy with the performance though best I've seen in a while. More of it please.

We were good in possesion today but my god Villa were abysmal. They looked like a pub team apart from a short spell early in the game when they took the lead. After that we passed the ball around like it was a training session for the rest of the game playing keep ball for long periods and we really should have turned our superiority into goals. Given was outstanding for them, he even almost blocked Bests point blank equaliser.

He was cheered by our lot at the start of the second half and responded with a beaming smile, waves and thumbs up after averting his gaze at first in case he got abused.

I cant believe Ryan Taylor was given such an easy time on our left. He spent most of the afternoon strolling forward to take up wide positions to receive the ball with no-one near him.

A dead easy point won but should really have been 3.

Shola did ok when he came today. Villa were poor today and we moved the ball well and with a decent striker we'd be dangerous.

Looking at the views of the Villa fans they think they did well to get a point but also think that we are shite and that they should be beating teams like us with something to spare.

They've also got the daggers out for N'Zog.

Shola did ok when he came today. Villa were poor today and we moved the ball well and with a decent striker we'd be dangerous.

Looking at the views of the Villa fans they think they did well to get a point but also think that we are shite and that they should be beating teams like us with something to spare.

Let me guess: 'They're shite but we made them look like Barcelona'.

Looking at the views of the Villa fans they think they did well to get a point but also think that we are s**** and that they should be beating teams like us with something to spare.

Let me guess: 'They're s**** but we made them look like Barcelona'.

You've been looking haven't you?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

should have won. I think I could fall in love with cabaye if he continues to play class. He looks a great player, dare I say better than nolan.