Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

You go on like his only flaw is being a bit tight, a bloke who's had Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew and John Carver as managers of Newcastle United.

Cheap managers!?

Reinforces the point.

If there weren't cheap good managers available it might.

If Ashley can turn a profit he's not going to invest it in the club, nee fkin chance. One way or another it'll line his rather wide back pocket. Wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to syphon it off to SD. You just have to look at USC to know he has no fucks to give.

Guest chopey

We will sell a player at the end of the season and use that money to buy a few more, any profit we make will not be used to improve the squad, remember we already have 2 players joining us from forest in the summer

We should get the Santon and MYM money at the end of the season too I think, that's about £8m iirc.

If HF is right then I look forward to our £70m spending spree this summer.  I won't hold my breath though.

I expect us to be a net spender this summer but we won't come near to utilising the financial capacity that the club itself can sustain, and that will be the issue.

I also expect lots of people will say 'see, he's spent money' because it's obvious that he has to because our squad is ridiculously thin. But the club could sustain more and I'm 99% sure he won't allow it.

We should get the Santon and MYM money at the end of the season too I think, that's about £8m iirc.

If HF is right then I look forward to our £70m spending spree this summer.  I won't hold my breath though.

Doubt the club will spend every penny it has in the bank in any summer.  There will always be a war chest in case of disaster and January requires spending to recover the situation.

Doubt the club will spend every penny it has in the bank in any summer.  There will always be a war chest in case of disaster and January requires spending to recover the situation.

Plus we're very likely to account for future wages from that amount too.  I can't see us spending more than £25m then claiming the remaining money is required to cover the wages of anyone we bring in.

Plus we're very likely to account for future wages from that amount too.  I can't see us spending more than £25m then claiming the remaining money is required to cover the wages of anyone we bring in.

But they always conveniently forget the saved wages from the remainder of the contract from those they sell.

Also I'd be amazed if Jonas gets a new deal so that is another big wage earner off the bill.

Guest Roger Kint

This warchest has about £50m in it since he bought us yet our squad has been laughably neglected in areas for 3/4 years. There is more chance the club will break even this summer than spend £20m no matter what fantasy theory you hear.

Guest neesy111

This warchest has about £50m in it since he bought us yet our squad has been laughably neglected in areas for 3/4 years. There is more chance the club will break even this summer than spend £20m no matter what fantasy theory you hear.

:thup:

it'll be the same 30m ish spent on 6-8 players to try and fumble through the season with the hope of unearthing another ayoze or selling a sissoko

Except we spent nowhere near that last summer.

You can take away about £11m combined from the Riviere and Cabella deals.

Good that we've moved on from complaining about spending nothing to complaining about spending £30m.

If we signed 8 players for £30m we'd have to be doing pretty darn well to be successful with that 8.

it'll be the same 30m ish spent on 6-8 players to try and fumble through the season with the hope of unearthing another ayoze or selling a sissoko

Except we spent nowhere near that last summer.

You can take away about £11m combined from the Riviere and Cabella deals.

how much did we spend?  am i quoting the figures including colbacks wages for the length of his contract etc.? :lol: