Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/newcastle-post-significant-and-staggering-rise-to-annual-profits

Newcastle have announced a rise in profits to £32.4million in their annual accounts, but managing director Lee Charnley accepted results on the field are most important right now.

Rafael Benitez’s men are 19th in the Premier League with only seven matches remaining, having fallen to a 3-2 loss in Saturday’s crunch clash at relegation rivals Norwich.

Off the field things are looking rosier and United have announced a post-tax profit of £32.4m for the financial year ending June 30, 2015 – a significant rise on the £18.7m figure for 2014.

Net cash inflow from operating activities has risen to £39.1m, but managing director Charnley knows the main issues are on the field.

“We appreciate that at the present time, football results and not financial results are what our supporters want to see from us,” he said.

“That said, it would be wrong for the club not to acknowledge the submission of our accounts for the period July 14 to June 15.

“We understand, however, that what you want to see are results on the pitch. There are still 21 points to play for and lots can, and likely will, happen over the next seven games.

“We of course acknowledge the seriousness of our situation. However we must remain positive and retain the belief that we can secure our Premier League status and we are doing everything we can to support Rafa and the team.”

The financial report shows owner Mike Ashley has not used Newcastle’s profit to chip away at the £129m owed in the form of interest free loans from him and companies under his control.

None of the debt has been repaid and the Sports Direct founder has not taken any other money from Newcastle during the year or since the year end.

The results show the club had £48.3m in the bank at the end of the financial year, but the club’s net spend on players during the subsequent transfer windows amounted to just under £80million.

:doh:

I would suggest those books have been cooked in a way to attract the type who wants to buy a football club.

Forget what he said.. i think he'll be away from this club in the next year. Whatever division we're playing in. I would dearly love to see what Rafa could do with the club but i'm ok with being relegated if it burns the club and it's regime to the ground.. the foundations are rancid at the moment, it needs a total rebuilding job. Not just the squad, the ethos from youth training, all the way up.

I don't think getting relegated will make him more likely to sell at all.

To be honest, it will make it harder. He has his price and that won't change - who is going to pay such a phenomenal amount for a has-been failing Championship club?

We have to be succeeding for him to sell. Which makes his decisions even more bizarre.

Absolutely this, said it all along.

That makes no sense either. His primary aim is premier league exposure - he'd just keep us if successful, he just can't be arsed to do the necessary legwork. I agree he wouldn't sell it quickly as he's a stubborn arsehole but if we're down there long term is that attitude going to persist? I don't know how you can be so sure either way. So much of the motivation relies on being in the big time.

Put it this way, if he wants £400m* then Mike Ashley is the kind of person that will still want £400m after a couple of years in the Championship (in fact, he will probably want more as we will get less income down there). He won't flog us on the cheap, he just won't - otherwise he would have done that by now.

*for the sake of argument, not saying that he does.

Im sorry but I totally disagree.The reason Mike Ashley hasn't "flogged" us is because we are extremely beneifical to Sports Direct as we are still in the Premier League, pretty much the most watched weekly sporting event in the world. The only reason Mike Ashley is here is to benefit Sports Direct, remember. As long as Sports Direct profit from their relationship with Newcastle, he will stay.

Now take Premier League football away from Newcastle and you take away Sports Direct's biggest benefit of the relationship. Will he take a hit for a year or two to try and get us back, of course he will, especially with the parachute payments we will receive.  However when it gets to the point we no longer benefit Sports Direct he will be gone.

As far as would he sell the club for less than £250m or whatever? He certainly will. Do you think Ashley would give a s*** about 100m (this is not even considering how much he as already made from the club, so he has probably still made a profit)? He's lost nearly 1 billion pounds off the Sports Direct shares in the last year and he couldnt give a s***. £100-200m is nothing to Ashley if he deems it not worth the hassle.

:thup:

Also, as magpie1892 has pointed out, Ashley's long game now may well be to regain total control over SD with the share price being low and dropping (deliberately?). For that, he would need loads of cash, and from that perspective selling an asset that is losing value (presuming we go down and stay down) and is causing him massive headaches may well be an interesting prospect. The big question is, will there be interested parties this time around?

He will either sell this summer or simply wont sell within 5 years.  The transfer fees spent this season and the loss in tv revenue will hit the account so severe that no parties would be interested in buying us once the figures are revealed.

There was an interested party in 2012 whose attention may yet be rekindled: Qatar Foundation. It's a governmental body that sort of sprays money about on various stuff and, in tandem with the QFA, are trying to 'internationalise' the national football team. I wrote a piece for a Qatari magazine at the time basically begging them to buy us - much as Si King did last night on Hairy Bikers (mentioned above)

I saw Qatar play Scotland in a friendly at Easter Road last year (and all their games in the Asian Cup in 2011) and they weren't great but they are improving. Their Uruguayan manager, Jose Carreno, when I spoke to him, stressed the need to get their national players into better leagues; the whole lot currently play in the Qatar Stars League which is of an appalling standard. There is one exception though - their 'shining light', teenage forward Akram Afif.

He plays for Belgian 2nd-tier side Eupen - an offshoot (ASPIRE) of the Qatari government bought the club purely to get their players into European leagues. They're looking at clubs in S.America, Africa and Asia also, but there remains an interest in the EPL for two reasons - to develop their better players as described above, but secondly to establish Qatar as a credible host for WC2022, which they still recognise is lacking.

So they may yet return to the table. I think most people (myself included) would prefer a new, British owner, but anything is better than the thieving megacunt we have at present. If nothing else, at least we would see the back of Bendy Wendy and her lying pals, Charnely, Carr, Moncur, etc.

He will either sell this summer or simply wont sell within 5 years.  The transfer fees spent this season and the loss in tv revenue will hit the account so severe that no parties would be interested in buying us once the figures are revealed.

Not necessarily.

There was an interested party in 2012 whose attention may yet be rekindled: Qatar Foundation. It's a governmental body that sort of sprays money about on various stuff and, in tandem with the QFA, are trying to 'internationalise' the national football team. I wrote a piece for a Qatari magazine at the time basically begging them to buy us - much as Si King did last night on Hairy Bikers (mentioned above)

I saw Qatar play Scotland in a friendly at Easter Road last year (and all their games in the Asian Cup in 2011) and they weren't great but they are improving. Their Uruguayan manager, Jose Carreno, when I spoke to him, stressed the need to get their national players into better leagues; the whole lot currently play in the Qatar Stars League which is of an appalling standard. There is one exception though - their 'shining light', teenage forward Akram Afif.

He plays for Belgian 2nd-tier side Eupen - an offshoot (ASPIRE) of the Qatari government bought the club purely to get their players into European leagues. They're looking at clubs in S.America, Africa and Asia also, but there remains an interest in the EPL for two reasons - to develop their better players as described above, but secondly to establish Qatar as a credible host for WC2022, which they still recognise is lacking.

So they may yet return to the table. I think most people (myself included) would prefer a new, British owner, but anything is better than the thieving megacunt we have at present. If nothing else, at least we would see the back of Bendy Wendy and her lying pals, Charnely, Carr, Moncur, etc.

Not necessarily.

Are they the ones who sponsored Barca?

Not necessarily.

Are they the ones who sponsored Barca?

Yes.

it's the same as the Barca one but the f*** would they want anything to do with us after them?

Because no-one really knew what QF was, so they switched to Qatar Airways - another government-owned entity, with a more global presence.

When I tipped up in Qatar to edit Qatar Today, the boss told me something interesting: 'There are only about 100 people who matter in this country. They own everything and they are all related'. I thought that was a bit OTT, but he was right.