Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Good read here from a season ticket holder, long but think it's worth leaving here:

I’m part of the Mike Ashley problem – I’m sorry!

My dad is Greek and being a PAOK fan who thankfully play in black and white stripes when coming to this country over half a century ago the thought of the ramifications of him supporting Olympiacos do not bear thinking about!

I’ve loved NUFC being part of my life ever since my dad took me down that path and have had a season ticket for over 20 years.

I’ve loved most of that time, the memories the laughs, iconic moments remembering King Kev’s body slumped over when Collymore scored that 4th goal – yes, you all know what I’m on about.

We’ve been rubbish for most of my lifetime but I always felt we were trying. We’ve had some truly awful players put on the black and white shirt and some brilliant ones and mentally I still always went into a new season with enthusiasm.

One of the biggest frustrations for me now is so called ‘experts’ being given a platform to say unchallenged that us fans are too demanding – it just makes my blood boil! These so called experts are either failed coaches/managers or ex players who just simply should know better. If you were employed at NUFC and had contract terminated it was because you were deemed a failure because you didn’t do a good job, fans too demanding – no way! Not you though, Chris Hughton! (Yes we do like Southerners – another lazy and uneducated myth about NUFC fans.

Anyway on to my main point regarding my article headline and my apology.

Yes I’m part of the problem. Why is that – let me attempt to explain.

Since Mike Ashley bought the club without doing any due diligence I should have known what was about to unfold.

I would class myself as your typical working bloke. I have a wife, 3 girls and work hard to provide best I can for my family and a Labrador!

During my time as a NUFC fan I’ve often put NUFC before my family – disgraceful isn’t it. There may have been an event and I’ve without any hesitation simply said I can’t go as clashes with a game. In fact my wife would just know that after all these years. Fixtures were on calendar and everything fits around that.

Like many of us finances have sometimes been tight, additional bills have to be paid etc and there have been times where financially we’ve been under pressure but as far as I was concerned those season ticket direct debits were up there with the gas and electric – they just had to be paid and we’d cut back other ways!

Mike Ashley has bought the club, the club that I have missed events with my kids for, spent money on when money should have gone on other things. The club that I allow to affect my mood and outlook at times as been such a massive part of my life.

What has he done to me since he been here: –

1. Embarrassed me – too many times to mention

2. Insulted me

3. Lied to me

4. Shown no appreciation for me as a fan/customer

5. Spoilt the bond I had with football club

6. Tried to make out I’m supporting some tiny little club

7. Tried to make out we can’t commercially compete when all money seems to go anywhere but the NUFC books!

Things are happening at NUFC that may be petty but just show the incompetence: –

1. Out of stock of kids football shirts

2. Season ticket cards not turning up on time

3. 125 anniversary gifts still 3 weeks away from delivery but for reasons beyond clubs control – it’s never their fault is it

4. Supposedly announcing sleeve sponsor – what you doing?

If club can’t do basic run of the mill tasks off the pitch – what hope is there!

When Kevin Keegan won his court case that was the time I should have said enough is enough but what have I done – nothing, absolutely nothing.

I’ve kept my season tickets and therefore I’ve kept telling Mike Ashley to treat me how ever he likes and I will just follow.

WHEN Rafa is gone, shouldn’t be long now what are we going to do about it? For the majority we’ll whinge, spout off and then go back to sheep mode.

That’s been me for last 10 years. All words and no action. I’ve embarrassed myself, I’ve lied to my myself all of things Mike Ashley has done.

Something about what has happened to Rafa this time has to be a ‘Eureka’ moment for us all – it has to be.

I’m not obsessed about Rafa as many are, he is brilliant, appears to be a great family man, excellent world class pedigree and we have him working for us by chance not by any competence from MA. I think Rafa would say he like Anthony Joshua, “Not perfect, but trying” and that’s all I want from him. So when I have a moan he playing one up front which is frustrating it doesn’t mean I have forgotten how lucky we are he at club.

When the inevitable happens I need to cancel those direct debits and stay away. It will be like giving up a drug and will be hard but I will get over it. The fact I’m even saying this proves MA has broken me, he has gone too far for me this time. When I do go I will find other things to do with that time and I won’t go back. That’s the fear, Mike Ashley is having a huge effect that could last for years!

I feel those who say “I support the team not the regime” need to really think hard about whether that thought process is now flawed? Is what MA doing now not a step too far?

If there was a protest are NUFC fans strong, brave, passionate and loyal enough to let that team run out to a completely empty stadium – that would be a profound statement. Unfortunately there are too many of you all like me who in the past would bottle it and turn up.

I’ve apologised for playing my part supporting Mike Ashley by filling a seat and making him believe his actions and his behaviour are acceptable.

I’m now like one of many around me who are there out of habit now and I’m part of the reason the stadium is quiet as ever.

The flag initiative is awesome and I really support it and should have happened regardless but it’s sad a group has had to form to help create an atmosphere when there was always one anyway until fans like me have been silenced and sickened by the owner.

For allowing him to have a platform on Sky TV to speak not a single word of truth. He is a multi billionaire, dressing and talking like he flat broke before proceeding to buy more Debenham shares. That interview truly sickened me, the reporting of it afterwards sickened me further. Every single aspect of it was factually incorrect but unfortunately perception is all there is, the truth is irrelevant. MA was given a good tummy tickle by his mates at SkY and “Craigy” and it just goes on and on. Why haven’t any top sports journalists to the interview apart and called Mike Ashley out- what are they scared of?

That glorious stadium is starting to look shabby like his shops, the club shop looks like a jumble sale. Oh and by the way the 10% discount he offered us loyal season ticket holders from club shop purchases – go and see if you can find anything not in the sale so therefore you can’t get a discount. Even the new shirts get a sale tag immediately put on them on day of release. More spin and deceit.

The sale of land, I’m led to believe, means that’s it for the stadium we have – even our stadium can’t grow just like that club I have always had part of my life will never grow. It’s on it’s knees, Mike Ashley is stood over that great stadium with his sword raised above our necks and is ready to lower it over our necks whenever he wants.

Mike Ashley doesn’t care about this club, he doesn’t care about me, he doesn’t care about the team and he certainly doesn’t care about Rafa Benitez. He doesn’t care about the affect his gambles and completely irrational decisions have on the community, socially, on local businesses. He just doesn’t care about no one but his self.

Yes, Mike Ashley is described as a successful business man but he certainly not a successful person. When he looks in the mirror I reckon he will hate himself deep down, he’ll never admit to it of course but I believe he won’t be happy. I for one wouldn’t want his wallpaper and behave the way he does. I’d rather have my wife, my three kids and my Labrador and paint my walls!

I’m sorry for helping to fuel the demise of NUFC and if nothing changes under Mike Ashley’s control then I now have to do the right thing and just stop it!

That wouldn’t be disloyal it would me doing what is best for my club.

I’m sorry ………

Article here: https://marktserkezie.wordpress.com/2017/08/26/im-part-of-the-mike-ashley-problem-im-sorry/

During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to Sports Direct International being a company associated with the ultimate owner of the company, MJW Ashley.

No consideration has been paid by Sports Direct International for these services to date but Sports Direct International and the Company are in the process of agreeing an arms length rate for these services and the Company anticipates receiving payment for these services in the future.

Wonder what happened to that, given that it had mysteriously disappeared from the latest accounts and we'd clearly not received anything. Could have been utilised to bolster this summer's budget if it actually existed.

Another lie from this cunt.

During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to Sports Direct International being a company associated with the ultimate owner of the company, MJW Ashley.

No consideration has been paid by Sports Direct International for these services to date but Sports Direct International and the Company are in the process of agreeing an arms length rate for these services and the Company anticipates receiving payment for these services in the future.

Wonder what happened to that, given that it had mysteriously disappeared from the latest accounts and we'd clearly not received anything. Could have been utilised to bolster this summer's budget if it actually existed.

Another lie from this cunt.

Zero will know.

Another lie from this c***.

Zero will know.

Why would I know when it is immaterial to be shown in financial statement?

Honest question but do people feel that Ashley would have it as easy at many other clubs with the way he runs us?

Unbelievable that he's been able to attend games without a care in the world. Even after tomorrow all he has to do is apologies/make up excuses again and most of the anger will probably subside, as it has every other time.

Honest question but do people feel that Ashley would have it as easy at many other clubs with the way he runs us?

Unbelievable that he's been able to attend games without a care in the world. Even after tomorrow all he has to do is apologies/make up excuses again and most of the anger will probably subside, as it has every other time.

You see the pics of him at the match and everybody around him seems to be enjoying themselves. Not one deathly stare amongst them.

Gotta be photoshopped, or taken before the gates open, surely.

Just been talking about Ashley and got into an argument over who is the biggest club... Newcastle or Everton.  Got sucked right in...

It doesn't all come down to Trophies for me as surely stadium, fans, players over the years etc count for something.

Need backup if anyone has anything.

Cheers!

Guest firetotheworks

You see the pics of him at the match and everybody around him seems to be enjoying themselves. Not one deathly stare amongst them.

He sits among the soulless corporates and day tripper families, he's nowhere near anyone who would say boo to a goose.

Just been talking about Ashley and got into an argument over who is the biggest club... Newcastle or Everton.  Got sucked right in...

It doesn't all come down to Trophies for me as surely stadium, fans, players over the years etc count for something.

Need backup if anyone has anything.

Cheers!

They called their club shop Everton 2, which is in the shopping arcade called Liverpool 1, just so it had the address Everton 2, Liverpool 1

Other than that you are on a loser

loads of match goers think he does a great job.

He sits among the soulless corporates and day tripper families, he's nowhere near anyone who would say boo to a goose.

Well they're fucking retards. Last time things weren't going well, they goosed him, and the next week FREE PIES FOR EVVERYBODY! I remember it well.

There was a plate of biscuits as well.

Then we got relegated.

He'd be dead in Italy like.  Hard to say here really

O0 Don't think Liverpool fans would take it as easy. What was the craic with him at Rangers? Lots of opposition there too. Our fanbase needs to take a stand in some way, however that might be. No point continuing as a club in this way.