Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

People getting waaaay ahead of themselves on here and social media btw. Due diligence can take months and, when they look under the bonnet, can just as easily break deals.

Heads of Terms is where it's at. Not worth getting our hopes up until HoT is mentioned.

The way some of the social media reaction has gone, you'd think we were announcing it.

To use a house-selling analogy, she's just booked the appointment to have a look around. She might want four bedrooms instead of three or she might love the place but it's still a long way off imho.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone else buys it unexpectedly.

This is our guy. I'm convinced of it.

http://gulf-insider-i35ch33zpu3sxik.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/uae-70019.jpg

Maktoum :lol:

I wish.

Out of all the Arab royalty, he and Kabous (Oman) are the only ones I would be happy to have own NUFC.

I took some clients in a corporate box at Newmarket a couple of years ago and he was in the box next door.

My company name was on the door of the box and they'd researched us from Dubai, Russia and all over before they had arrived.

We had no idea who would be next door, we arrived before them, and I left the box for a piss and bounced straight off his bodyguards outside. Fucking man mountains.

He then comes out on to the adjacent balcony and he's tiny. Bloke was wearing platform shoes to appear taller like some midget middle-eastern Gary Glitter inpersonator :lol:.

:milner:

People getting waaaay ahead of themselves on here and social media btw. Due diligence can take months and, when they look under the bonnet, can just as easily break deals.

Heads of Terms is where it's at. Not worth getting our hopes up until HoT is mentioned.

The way some of the social media reaction has gone, you'd think we were announcing it.

To use a house-selling analogy, she's just booked the appointment to have a look around. She might want four bedrooms instead of three or she might love the place but it's still a long way off imho.

So what you're saying is, the deal should be completed tonight?

This forum hasn't really paid a lot of attention to FFP, hopefully that may change soon. But is it even possible with the current rules for any team to improve their station considerably ? I know PSG and Man City, have circumvented the rules, to still heavily invest however say some oil rich Saudi Prince took over Huddersfield Town how long would it take for them to be in a champions league position ?

Well we can build up our standing (not be run like a grubby corner shop for a start) which in turn can increase commercial revenues significantly.  Also money spent on stuff like stadiums or training facilities isn't included in FFP so we could improve things heavily there which will again improve revenues.

So what you're saying is, the deal should be completed tonight?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum hasn't really paid a lot of attention to FFP, hopefully that may change soon. But is it even possible with the current rules for any team to improve their station considerably ? I know PSG and Man City, have circumvented the rules, to still heavily invest however say some oil rich Saudi Prince took over Huddersfield Town how long would it take for them to be in a champions league position ?

Well we can build up our standing (not be run like a grubby corner shop for a start) which in turn can increase commercial revenues significantly.  Also money spent on stuff like stadiums or training facilities isn't included in FFP so we could improve things heavily there which will again improve revenues.

God, what a nice problem to have. FFP. Fuck me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Set penis thing is a phrase you will regularly hear me use when with a mate/Wor lass in whatever random setting thanks to N.O and whoever first uttered it, be it B&Q or a pub. I'll just say, quite loudly, what did you think of NUFC's set penis play the other day, match etc. The look on people's faces, not quite sure if I said penis or play. I do the same with contactless, asking people if I can pay by cocktacktless, again loud. We have a slang word for penis as well, tookle, I'll be in say Greggs and ask the staff if they sell tookle juice and they always look at me dumbfounded, I say it's just that in the states, where I've just come from, their Greggs sell it. Eeeh, never knew they had Greggs in America, I'll take it up with the manager. It's obviously funnier when it's me and my work colleagues, who all get red faced and now refuse to enter a shop with me where they know I'll be paying by... cocktactless.

FFP :yao: It doesn't exist at that level, it only picks on the smaller guys.

Aye, PSG have shown how little they think of UEFA’s version. There are many ways around it, non the least through sponsorship of other companies that they own (Man City). If a mega rich person wanted to buy us or anyone else and then buy the title then there is ways and means to do so.

No idea how it works tbh, does FFP cover training ground/stadium investment etc ? If so anything stopping us leasing such facilities from "another" company?

Or is it centered around transfers/wages

Infrastructure is outside all FFP calculations..