Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I wouldn't mind being a billionaire who's an awful businessman.

all luck apparently and all he's ever done is sell sporting goods, never had any stock market dealings, dealings with other companies etc.

I wouldn't hold it against any player now if they put in a transfer request and wished to be sold ASAP rather than be messed about under Ashley's dictatorship. They shouldn't be treated like this in the slightest. Absolute shambles. Us fans don't have a choice to get out, they do, i wouldn't begrudge them taking it either.

I would want them to wait until they had seen if it affects them in any way TBH. For all we know Joe might hardly talk to the players and Pardew might be able to band them together. Slightly wishful thinking, but I do think the relationship between a DoF and the players is quite distant.

They must be even more frustrated than we are with the incidents of the last couple of days. I can't see Pardew being capable of reassuring them that everything is under control at all.. :(

That's what I’m thinking, players will come back in and want answers from there obvious questions which will be asked. The problem for Pardew is i doubt he can provide them with any answers. It's like the whole mentality can only be for Pardew and the players 'fuck the board, let's do our talking on the pitch'. Just stick together as a group and not jumping ship which Ashley clearly wants a fair few of them to do. It’s a rotten situation for them to be in. A certainly unfair one.

tbf i'd say he behaves exactly like a real businessman.

What I mean is that his decision making at Newcastle has been beyond appalling.

on the whole, aye, especially where key non playing personnel are concerned.

I don't think he got lucky with SD. He's clearly a very succesful business man in the retail world for sports clothing, and I have no desire to question his ability in it. Doesn't mean he's any good at owning/managing a football club evidently.

There are all sorts of businessmen, and all sorts of businesses. Being successful with SD is a great achievement, like Richard Branson succeeding with Virgin is a great achievement, but they couldn't be more different and I doubt one would/could run the others' firm so well.

Ashley's business suits him, be ruthless with suppliers, acquisitions and the market, drive prices down, pile it high and sell it cheap to people who have no other option. It doesn't really allow you to draw any conclusions about how good a 'businessman' he is, and it doesn't really mean he should have what it takes to run a football club.

Until now I have argued that Ashley wants us to be successful, which he probably does, but I can't for the life of me understand why he keeps lobbing chaos grenades every time things are stabilising. Driven too much by whim, ego and personal opinion is my guess.

I wouldn't hold it against any player now if they put in a transfer request and wished to be sold ASAP rather than be messed about under Ashley's dictatorship. They shouldn't be treated like this in the slightest. Absolute shambles. Us fans don't have a choice to get out, they do, i wouldn't begrudge them taking it either.

I would want them to wait until they had seen if it affects them in any way TBH. For all we know Joe might hardly talk to the players and Pardew might be able to band them together. Slightly wishful thinking, but I do think the relationship between a DoF and the players is quite distant.

2nd that tbh,players are distanced from all the shit unless it directly effects them directly but if the players hear  the sound bites coming from JFK they may not be too happy .

There are all sorts of businessmen, and all sorts of businesses. Being successful with SD is a great achievement, like Richard Branson succeeding with Virgin is a great achievement, but they couldn't be more different and I doubt one would/could run the others' firm so well.

Ashley's business suits him, be ruthless with suppliers, acquisitions and the market, drive prices down, pile it high and sell it cheap to people who have no other option. It doesn't really allow you to draw any conclusions about how good a 'businessman' he is, and it doesn't really mean he should have what it takes to run a football club.

Until now I have argued that Ashley wants us to be successful, which he probably does, but I can't for the life of me understand why he keeps lobbing chaos grenades every time things are stabilising. Driven too much by whim, ego and personal opinion is my guess.

Wonder if Ashley sometimes just doesnt care what he does to us fans and while we are on Ian do you think Ashley knows how to make us successful i.e top 6 finish and cup finals (as we stand that would be successful imho atm)

Wonder if Ashley sometimes just doesnt care what he does to us fans and while we are on Ian do you think Ashley knows how to make us successful i.e top 6 finish and cup finals (as we stand that would be successful imho atm)

I think it's more a case of Ashley has a big ego and thinks he knows best on everything. He probably thinks he's a football guru as well as king of discount sportswear.

I don't care how good he is at selling tracksuits, when it comes to running a football club he's a fucking buffoon.

Steve Nichol just summed him up on telly. When asked what's likely to happen next he replied, this is Mike Ashley at every turn he makes the wrong move.

I don't think he does care, no. Until now I would have said he had a decent chance of making us better, but we really could do without these insane decisions every few months.

I think this man is honestly just a fucking idiot that must have got lucky with his other business somehow. Maybe he had great people around him, who knows. Either he is just a fucking idiot or he wants to drag the club through the mud for a laugh, why on earth would he be arsed doing that though, you'd have to be some kind of mental case?

It does to be fair.

You're final paragraph is where I think we are all at at the moment. I can't figure this one out at all. Given his fondness for privacy I doubt we will ever know. Will just have to watch this one play out.

Ruthless again, hopefully there is a plan in place....that is good for Newcastle..

The plan is in motion. Spend as little as humanly possible with people he apparently gets on with (which is now down to 1 by the looks of it) and make sure we maintain premier league footing. If that pisses us off along the way well then I doubt he's that bothered really, in fact he probably enjoys it in a sick way.

Ruthless again, hopefully there is a plan in place....that is good for Newcastle..

Oh there is no plan, Ashley just in random mode again. I have honestly got no idea how he made his money when he makes such fucked up decisions. Even in business employing someone with bad customer service skills at that level is a fucking bad idea, never mind the fact he makes shit up and deals in non-fiction.

Should have just given kk a small budget 5 years ago and let him crack on with it. Could have avoided all this mess and had the fans on side from day 1...to man squabling middlemen whose roles are not fully defined

Should have just given kk a small budget 5 years ago and let him crack on with it. Could have avoided all this mess and had the fans on side from day 1...to man squabling middlemen whose roles are not fully defined

If we had given him 20-30 mil we would have been in europe a long time ago and certainly wouldn't have been relegated. Despite what people said about never go back he brings momentum and positivity, not a geordie and every fan loves him to bits