Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

That's why there are people who know that nothing will change unless he sells up, and have a sense of apathy about the situation.

Yep.

Saying that though, I believe general OK progress (on the playing side at least) with the odd disastrous decision (Kinnear) every so often is possible under Ashley. And during that, I hope that every 90 minutes produces enough interest to keep me going. For many clubs, that is all the fans really have nowadays.

I don't have an ST so I can't comment on what I would do with that. Probably not renew TBH, given that you can buy a ticket for almost any game you want anyway.

Guest strongbow69

An empty ground against the top 4 coupled with an anti Ashley statement would go some way IYAM

An empty ground against the top 4 coupled with an anti Ashley statement would go some way IYAM

I'm not convinced. In fact, I can't see him 'selling up' for a long time; I dare say that what we buy (pies, merchandise etc) and season ticket income wouldn't have a massive effect on his fortune compared to the money the new TV deal is worth anyway.

He's never cared what people thought of him - be it in 'The City' with SD or anybody else up here with regards to NUFC. He;s a maverick. If Newcastle United can keep rolling in a profit via big TV money and he can keep the club running costs to a minimum / selling players for big fees he'll stay until his money has been made back up - if it continues to be a profitable company why would he sell up?

I don't know what Mike Ashley thinks - not many sane people do - but if he can make money from NUFC and get global advertising via the Premier League for SD for nothing on a consistent basis he'll go nowhere IMO. It would take something seismic, like the club being relegated to League 1 or a huge buyout from another investor before he leaves.

I'd rather see Pardew leave than Ashley.

As pissed off as I am about Kinnears appointment I do firmly believe we need someone in his role. I said it earlier but his brief will be to improve the Club where it needs improving - Reserves /Development Squad. If the Brighton defeat highlighted anything it showed there's very little or nothing supporting the first team.

As for the meeting last night. Who the fuck wants Steve Wraith raising his concerns the thick stupid cunt even suggested that Ashley 'embarrassed' him. Embarrassed? I know what was embarrassing  - the fucking fake funeral. That was as humiliating as it gets. And the pall bearer for Wraiths pathetic stunt Graeme 'Ashley Out' Cansdale  who is raising motions of no confidence I've been informed hasn't darkened the turnstiles for a long long time before Ashley showed up. The biggest pair of Shysters you'll ever have the misfortune to meet.

I think anyone with half a brain stayed away from that pile of shit last night.

Why do they want Ashley gone?

Fair enough non of us can comprehend how JFK is in a job and he has made a lot of poor decisions in his time here and in particular this past year or so.

However what do these fans want?, some mega rich guy who is going to come in spend billions and when the TV money falls which it will then leave the club to rot in it's debt? A supporter trust who will have zero finances to support the club when tough times roll, or god forbid we had a bad season and went down? An owner who will chuck millions or even nothing at the club and end up like QPR, Blackburn, or even Hearts?

Lie it or not Ashley has turned the clubs finances around, we now have a squad full of internationals and all of this is affordable, people forget that if it wasn't for him when we went down we would have been fucked financially, if Shepard was in charge then I think we would either have went bust or would be going down the leagues because of relegation.

I'm no Ashley lover but fucking hell some fans really need to think before they talk, their is a difference between running a club and sitting in a social club all day talking about running a club. 

Why do they want Ashley gone?

Fair enough non of us can comprehend how JFK is in a job and he has made a lot of poor decisions in his time here and in particular this past year or so.

However what do these fans want?, some mega rich guy who is going to come in spend billions and when the TV money falls which it will then leave the club to rot in it's debt? A supporter trust who will have zero finances to support the club when tough times roll, or god forbid we had a bad season and went down? An owner who will chuck millions or even nothing at the club and end up like QPR, Blackburn, or even Hearts?

Lie it or not Ashley has turned the clubs finances around, we now have a squad full of internationals and all of this is affordable, people forget that if it wasn't for him when we went down we would have been f***ed financially, if Shepard was in charge then I think we would either have went bust or would be going down the leagues because of relegation.

I'm no Ashley lover but f***ing hell some fans really need to think before they talk, their is a difference between running a club and sitting in a social club all day talking about running a club.

:dowie:

How is that an exclusive :lol:

the story seems more a speculative effort than anything tbh no "sources close to ashley" etc etc quotes and I find it strange he'd ring up Hardy to just say yeah I want to sell the club.

The fact is if he wants his expenditure covered he needs to make the club alot more attractive to buyers, at the moment it is an ugly unsuccessful turd.

We'll be a helluva healthier to buy than we were in 2007. Whoever comes in will be treated like heroes from the off.

Love the bit that says "and there have been calls for a boycott of the pre-season friendly with SC Braga"  :D

Should be the most successful boycoutt yet considering hardly any fucker would be going anyway.