Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

What a ludicrous post. You'd think we looked like a genuinely good side when Hughton was rightly sacked off.

We looked f***ing pretty good at home to Villa, the mackems, away to Arsenal etc. And if you want to raise the Stoke at home card or Blackpool at home, WBA away etc. Pardew has had similar poor 'unexpected' results.

You keep saying Pardew is the better manager and deserves huge credit and fair enough that may be, but I think being 6th in the league is less of an achievement than winning promotion and at the time of his sacking, getting to mid-table, (the same position Pardew actually took us to at the end of last season) given the circumstances. That and the fact that Pardew has actually seen some investment his way. Hughton had to sign championship players.

I actually do believe we were a better footballing side under Hughton and if he were manager of these players we'd be acheiving the same kind of results and perhaps even better results. That's all down to speculation and theory though.

Don't kid yourself abough the merits, strengths and results of Hughton though, not when you practically salivate over Pardew who has achieved f*** all yet.

Aye. Hughton who started Alan Smith over Tiote in an important home game against Blackpool because he'd only been at the club for a week or so. The man's a coward.

What a ludicrous post. You'd think we looked like a genuinely good side when Hughton was rightly sacked off.

We looked f***ing pretty good at home to Villa, the mackems, away to Arsenal etc. And if you want to raise the Stoke at home card or Blackpool at home, WBA away etc. Pardew has had similar poor 'unexpected' results.

You keep saying Pardew is the better manager and deserves huge credit and fair enough that may be, but I think being 6th in the league is less of an achievement than winning promotion and at the time of his sacking, getting to mid-table, (the same position Pardew actually took us to at the end of last season) given the circumstances. That and the fact that Pardew has actually seen some investment his way. Hughton had to sign championship players.

I actually do believe we were a better footballing side under Hughton and if he were manager of these players we'd be acheiving the same kind of results and perhaps even better results. That's all down to speculation and theory though.

Don't kid yourself abough the merits, strengths and results of Hughton though, not when you practically salivate over Pardew who has achieved f*** all yet.

Hughton may well get there one day, but Pardew has achieved more promotions than Hughton and even a flipping trophy with considerably less resources fwiw, but there we go.

At Newcastle? Because that's what we are talking about here, i.e. their respective achievements/time/etc. here

#windyourneckin

#windyourneckin?

Fuck off. :lol:

You speculate on the quality of two managers, but happily dismiss the history of one. Aye, ok then. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't really bring myself to hate anyone really. I'm just not that into ultra negativity.

Me neither, not outside the context of football anyway. From a footballing perspective I hate the cunt as much as I hate Kevin Phillips, Poyet, Wise, Roy Keane, the mackems, Liverpool, Man Utd... more so!

Overall I'm more than content with the way the club has been run since relegation - the only current thing that still really pisses me off is the shit plastered all over the stadium and the renaming debacle. I don't believe we'd suffer one bit without all that, and it just feels as though there's always going to be something unpopular going on. Otherwise, I was very much against the sacking of Hughton, the appointment of Pardew and the sale of Carroll, but all of those decisions are working out to date and so I'm happy to have been wrong.

Let's see where we are by the close of January, because I still don't trust the club not to accept bids for our best players if there's a good profit to be had.

Dave, I know we've been sat on opposite sides of the fence over the decisions Ashley has made since relegation, but I have the upmost respect for anyone who will admit that they were wrong :thup: :)

Re: the bit in bold, do you trust the club to make the right decisions for the longer-term benefit/success of the club?

Dave?

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye. Hughton who started Alan Smith over Tiote in an important home game against Blackpool because he'd only been at the club for a week or so. The man's a coward.

The same coward who starts Ryan Taynor ahead of Ben Arfa after his wondergoal a week prior at home to the mighty QPR? If you want to play tit for tat Pardew has committed just as many or just as equal the kind of 'crimes' you berate or use against Hughton.

I can go on... STEVENAGE. BARTON ON THE WING, LEFT WING!

How about Lovenkrands, Perch? Both used by Pardew.

You could argue the toss for Pardew who seems scared to drop the likes of Obertan (until recently) and Raylor when we have better players waiting in the wings.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hughton may well get there one day, but Pardew has achieved more promotions than Hughton and even a flipping trophy with considerably less resources fwiw, but there we go.

At Newcastle? Because that's what we are talking about here, i.e. their respective achievements/time/etc. here

#windyourneckin

#windyourneckin?

f*** off. :lol:

You speculate on the quality of two managers, but happily dismiss the history of one. Aye, ok then. :thup:

AT NEWCASTLE. The fact you had to bring Pardew's carreer outside of NUFC to try and add to his qualities as a NUFC manager says a lot.

Based on their Newcastle only career, hughton acheieved more by winning promotion and getting to mid-table than Pardew has achieved thus far despite far superior conditions and far more investment. And if we are to use your stuff about his career outside of NUFC.... despite less experience, credentials and all-round top quality, bad ass management skills that Pardew has dsiplayed at Reading, West Ham, Charlton and the club he was at before us... Southampton.

See above.

Yeah, sorry I'd already posted before seeing that :p FWIW I was simply playing devil's advocate, I certainly believe Pardew to be the better manager. Hughton for me was the more likeable man and it wasn't nice what happened to him, but we've benefitted enormously from it imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

We're joint 5th with Pardew's much maligned team selections, that's the difference.

We won promotion and reached mid-table under the cowardice of Hughton.

Honestly, its as if you cannot have anyone doing better than Pardew or even getting close so you have to degenirate their achievements. Mind, didn't you once said Krul is going to be better than Schemichel so its no suprise to read that to you Pardew is the second coming of Mourinho or something :lol:

By the way, your man Pardew, that player he bought Obertan, in my humble, I'd rather see Alan Smith on the right than that fucking ugly fucker. Mind, I remember when we were beating West Brom at home in the final game of last season, top 10 secured, and on comes Smith...

Only a coward would play him right!

We're joint 5th with Pardew's much maligned team selections, that's the difference.

We won promotion and reached mid-table under the cowardice of Hughton.

Honestly, its as if you cannot have anyone doing better than Pardew or even getting close so you have to degenirate their achievements. Mind, didn't you once said Krul is going to be better than Schemichel so its no suprise to read that to you Pardew is the second coming of Mourinho or something :lol:

By the way, your man Pardew, that player he bought Obertan, in my humble, I'd rather see Alan Smith on the right than that f***ing ugly f***er. Mind, I remember when we were beating West Brom at home in the final game of last season, top 10 secured, and on comes Smith...

Only a coward would play him right!

Nice try. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

What investment has Pardew receieved comparable to what Hughton got in Jan '10? Obviously he hasn't benefited from Cisse yet.

Well, lets see, Pardew gets a number 9, Hughton didn't even get a number 2.

The fact he hasn't benefitted from Cisse yet means nowt. Pardew has had over 20m worth of money invested into players. Hughon when looking for cover at centre-back had to beg fucking Sol Campbell.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why doesn't Pardew's previous career count towards how good a manager he is? Surely it's essential to judgement of him?

Its irrelevent when comparing Chris Hughton's time here as manager and Pardew's, given that's what we are talking about. Sam Allardyce pisses all over the pair of them with what he's achieved but Hughton and Pardew's time here pisses all over his.

Why doesn't Pardew's previous career count towards how good a manager he is? Surely it's essential to judgement of him?

Its irrelevent when comparing Chris Hughton's time here as manager and Pardew's, given that's what we are talking about. Sam Allardyce pisses all over the pair of them with what he's achieved but Hughton and Pardew's time here pisses all over his.

Ah right, sorry, thought we were talking about who was the better manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

We've made a profit with Pardew as manager, man. A significant one. :lol:

Carroll was sold before he came man, or rather the decision to sell was made well in advance.  We also made a profit on transfers under Hughton by the way.

Overall I'm more than content with the way the club has been run since relegation - the only current thing that still really pisses me off is the shit plastered all over the stadium and the renaming debacle. I don't believe we'd suffer one bit without all that, and it just feels as though there's always going to be something unpopular going on. Otherwise, I was very much against the sacking of Hughton, the appointment of Pardew and the sale of Carroll, but all of those decisions are working out to date and so I'm happy to have been wrong.

Let's see where we are by the close of January, because I still don't trust the club not to accept bids for our best players if there's a good profit to be had.

Dave, I know we've been sat on opposite sides of the fence over the decisions Ashley has made since relegation, but I have the upmost respect for anyone who will admit that they were wrong :thup: :)

Re: the bit in bold, do you trust the club to make the right decisions for the longer-term benefit/success of the club?

Dave?

Carroll was sold before he came man, or rather the decision to sell was made well in advance.  We also made a profit on transfers under Hughton by the way.

No we didn't. We spent about £6m in both transfer windows he was in charge for.

Giving you the benefit of hindsight, are you still 'blaming' Ashley for selling Carroll for £35m?

Sell striker for £35m - buy replacement for £9m - bad man welcomed back. Fickle bunch. Of course he was never that bad nor will he ever be good until he wins silver. I'd like to give a good kicking for the lack of respect to the fans and history - but only because I think a good business should meet its customers needs and I think the corporate communication is mediocre, up from poor.

But plenty have failed these past 50 years. I'm 48 so I've seen most of these failures. So unless you want to change teams for now we just have to trust in not so big Mike. And hope. And enjoy the ride.