Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

And I suppose the job he's managing at Brum at the minute is all down to the players and the fact that their squad is ten times better than everyone else.

there squad is one of ther better ones in the division on paper.

Guest optimistic nit

Did I just read that right...if Pardew gets us 6th he EQUALS Hughton's achievements? WUM or pillock? Can't decide.

I consider what Hughton achieved given the circumstances to be quite the achievement. He inherited a wrecked side if you like on the back of an unprecdented relegation and took us to promotion and mid-table solidarity all in his first ever spell as a full-time manager. Finishing 6th would be quite an achievement but not massively so given this is the best first-team we've had since Sir Bobby's side finished 5th.

I don't think people trully appreciate just what an achievement it was to get promotion under Hughton and what followed after that as a top-flight side. If Hughton took over say Derby as a caretaker then a full-time manager and won promotion at the first-time of asking and then going on to hammer sides like Villa and the mackems as well as winning away to Arsenal, he'd be hailed as the next big thing.

At this point in time, I think finishing 6th, given our players and form, and of course the radge league, is more than achievable and is something we must strive to achieve. So yes it would be a big achievement but not more so than winning promotion and getting to a good solid position in the league under Hughton. I remember back in the summer of that year many were tipping us to either get relegated to the league below or to struggle to win promotion. The fact we f***ing walked the league and got into a string position in the top-flight speaks volumes of the the kind of achievement under Hughton.

hughton had by far the best side/squad in the division and it just about managed itself.

squads don't manage themselves, it took a lot to get us straight back up, if you look at other big clubs that have been relegated in recent years. re htt's post i thought we would be relegated this year, so i guess fans expectations can't really be used to judge team performance.

Pardew getting us into the top six would be a great achievement. Hughton getting us promoted and re-established was also a brilliant achievement. However both would possess their own qualities for different reasons, not sure why the two are being compared.

Did I just read that right...if Pardew gets us 6th he EQUALS Hughton's achievements? WUM or pillock? Can't decide.

I consider what Hughton achieved given the circumstances to be quite the achievement. He inherited a wrecked side if you like on the back of an unprecdented relegation and took us to promotion and mid-table solidarity all in his first ever spell as a full-time manager. Finishing 6th would be quite an achievement but not massively so given this is the best first-team we've had since Sir Bobby's side finished 5th.

I don't think people trully appreciate just what an achievement it was to get promotion under Hughton and what followed after that as a top-flight side. If Hughton took over say Derby as a caretaker then a full-time manager and won promotion at the first-time of asking and then going on to hammer sides like Villa and the mackems as well as winning away to Arsenal, he'd be hailed as the next big thing.

At this point in time, I think finishing 6th, given our players and form, and of course the radge league, is more than achievable and is something we must strive to achieve. So yes it would be a big achievement but not more so than winning promotion and getting to a good solid position in the league under Hughton. I remember back in the summer of that year many were tipping us to either get relegated to the league below or to struggle to win promotion. The fact we f***ing walked the league and got into a string position in the top-flight speaks volumes of the the kind of achievement under Hughton.

hughton had by far the best side/squad in the division and it just about managed itself.

squads don't manage themselves, it took a lot to get us straight back up, if you look at other big clubs that have been relegated in recent years. re htt's post i thought we would be relegated this year, so i guess fans expectations can't really be used to judge team performance.

look at other clubs that get relegated and they haemorrhage players, we didn't....couldn't really the wages many were on.

which year did you and htt think we'd be relegated ?

HTT is what OTT but a lot of the disrespect given to Hughton is distasteful on here.

The bloke did a good job regardless of how easy/difficult he may have had under trying circumstances, I fail to see the need some people have to put him down on every occasion. Same goes for those that bring him up all time whenever we lose or whatever. It's gone, move on.

HTT is what OTT but a lot of the disrespect given to Hughton is distasteful on here.

The bloke did a good job regardless of how easy/difficult he may have had under trying circumstances, I fail to see the need some people have to put him down on every occasion. Same goes for those that bring him up all time whenever we lose or whatever. It's gone, move on.

:thup:

• 3 weeks later...

He spent a few million quid for this s*** part in this s*** movie  :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/pHsZIOBtnsQ

Skip to 39:00 - 41:00

http://www.tribalfootball.com/newcastle-owner-ashley-paid-%C2%A33m-line-goal-movie-250002

Those were the days man!  :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

The Goal! film franchise really was meh tbh. An underwhelming set of films (though I did enjoy the first one for obvious reasons :razz:).

Its the Daily fail and Tribal football so i doubt its true.

Then again its Mike Ashley so it could be :lol:

I remember reading about it ages ago. Think it's definitely true like :lol:

Aye it was. Was sickening at the time like :(