Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Yes they're absolutely fantastic. Just look at our stadium ffs. Bringing in new revenue streams eh? So we signed cisse, great, but its less than 10m at the end of the day, and we sold AC for 35m. So people saying that its justified for MA to have his shit all over our stadium is fine now is ridiculous. As is complimenting them on getting a "new" sponsor in Virgin. Getting a sponsor is expected and the bare minimum of their job and its in their interest.

Can you imagine how much it would cost a non MA company to paste their shit all over SJP (and rename it)?

Credit to Pardew, Scouts and most of all players. Little if non to Mike and Derek. Their luck is unreal.

Clearly not luck then.

Yes the replacement striker is in monetary terms less than Carroll, but I think it is primarily the intention that is being applauded (warily) as it has surprised some of us here.

They have been seen as asset stripping profiteers with no interest or ambitions beyond bobbing around mid table, spending enough to get by and be at best the next Everton. That is increasingly difficult to argue now.

They have been seen as asset stripping profiteers with no interest or ambitions beyond bobbing around mid table, spending enough to get by and be at best the next Everton. That is increasingly difficult to argue now.

This is the main thing for me, it's now looking like Ashley might actually be prepared to help improve the team and the club, which is a world away from what most people thought a year ago.

Guest Howaythetoon

I still hope the fat cunt's heart stops one day.

Hughton was clearly sacked because he was a players' man and refused to play politics. Pardew is a snake, he is a players man and also a boardroom man. He'll basically join in whatever game is being played whatever the side. That's how he got the job. Fuck chris Hughton, a fellow manager, a fellow LMA member.

I still believe Hughton is the better manager or coach rather and a far more likeable man but Pardew is more street wise and able to deal with the board and the players in equal measure which at Newcastle is the only way forward.

Apparently after not getting in a striker during the summer after telling the world we would, Pardew kicked right off with Ashley and co and threatened to walk. He demanded that the club start communicating with fans more and trying to get them onside which would help them.

From what I heard he basically told Ashley he was the only man capable of getting him his money back while also making sure fans would be reasonably happy with the results and the football. I gather from that he pretty much would not stand in the way of any player sales whereas other managers would, something Hughton did or would have with regards to Carroll, Nolan, Enrique, Barton et al.

Pardew probably holds the most power anyone has had at NUFC since Shearer under FS and I reckon Ashley might have met his match with him which could bode well for us, and indeed is at the moment.

I don't think Ashley deserves any credit just yet.  If we get to the end of the transfer window and don't sell anyone and perhaps bring in a defender then perhaps he deserves a bit of credit, but there's 11 days of the transfer window to go and until it slams shut we are vulnerable to a last minute bid for any of our players.

I still hope the fat c***'s heart stops one day.

Hughton was clearly sacked because he was a players' man and refused to play politics. Pardew is a snake, he is a players man and also a boardroom man. He'll basically join in whatever game is being played whatever the side. That's how he got the job. f*** chris Hughton, a fellow manager, a fellow LMA member.

I still believe Hughton is the better manager or coach rather and a far more likeable man but Pardew is more street wise and able to deal with the board and the players in equal measure which at Newcastle is the only way forward.

Apparently after not getting in a striker during the summer after telling the world we would, Pardew kicked right off with Ashley and co and threatened to walk. He demanded that the club start communicating with fans more and trying to get them onside which would help them.

From what I heard he basically told Ashley he was the only man capable of getting him his money back while also making sure fans would be reasonably happy with the results and the football. I gather from that he pretty much would not stand in the way of any player sales whereas other managers would, something Hughton did or would have with regards to Carroll, Nolan, Enrique, Barton et al.

Pardew probably holds the most power anyone has had at NUFC since Shearer under FS and I reckon Ashley might have met his match with him which could bode well for us, and indeed is at the moment.

I don't ever see Mike Ashley giving in to anyones threats. Think that's rubbish tbh.

I also doubt Pardew would walk away because of a striker. He hit the jackpot with this job. It would take a hell of a lot for him to leave.

You need to let it go buddy. I know you hate them, but you're just going to have to accept that they are doing very well right now.

Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse all have come in, in just over a year, for a relative pittance. They're killing it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hughton was clearly sacked because he was a players' man and refused to play politics. Pardew is a snake, he is a players man and also a boardroom man. He'll basically join in whatever game is being played whatever the side. That's how he got the job. f*** chris Hughton, a fellow manager, a fellow LMA member.

So you like Pardew?

Let's be honest, nobody wanted Pardew but he's done an excellent job so far. I dont accept for a second that if Hughton had had his way and the blue chip brigade kept on, we'd be doing as well. I believe a lot of our great results early in 10/11 was due to early season monentum that you see from many promoted clubs. It was fizzling out and if he wasnt seeing eye to eye with his employers then it was best for NUFC to get someone in who Ashley trusted instead of being at loggerheads with. We've got a pretty dynamic side when at our strongest and I feel more optimistic about the club than I have in many years.

This is the main thing for me, it's now looking like Ashley might actually be prepared to help improve the team and the club, which is a world away from what most people thought a year ago.

The Cisse signing suggests ambition well above just staying in the premier league, i'll be delighted if I was wrong in thinking that's all he wanted for the club, which it looks like I was at this moment.

Let's be honest, nobody wanted Pardew but he's done an excellent job so far. I dont accept for a second that if Hughton had had his way and the blue chip brigade kept on, we'd be doing as well. I believe a lot of our great results early in 10/11 was due to early season monentum that you see from many promoted clubs. It was fizzling out and if he wasnt seeing eye to eye with his employers then it was best for NUFC to get someone in who Ashley trusted instead of being at loggerheads with. We've got a pretty dynamic side when at our strongest and I feel more optimistic about the club than I have in many years.

A good assessment.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't ever see Mike Ashley giving in to anyones threats. Think that's rubbish tbh.

I also doubt Pardew would walk away because of a striker. He hit the jackpot with this job. It would take a hell of a lot for him to leave.

You need to let it go buddy. I know you hate them, but you're just going to have to accept that they are doing very well right now.

Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse all have come in, in just over a year, for a relative pittance. Their killing it.

I do not actually believe that he would have walked but there were rumours that he had threatened to based on being made to look like a mug publicaly after stating all summer, a striker will be signed, 100%, and I do believe this (threat) is something Pardew would use.

Of course he hit the jack-pot with this job but he's a very ambitious man and oozes self confidence, there is no doubt in his mind at least, he probably believes he's good enough for the job and capable of even better.

I agree with you regarding Ashley not giving into any threats but if they were to lose Pardew where else would they turn to? No one would want the job, no-one capable of helping him to get his money back which is one of the reasons Pardew was appointed, anyway.

I think Ashley would treat a threat from Pardew with more concern than say a threat from Barton who he ended up allowing to leave for free.

I do need to let things go I know but I won't ever ever forgive them for their crimes if they like. Fuck them. That doesn't mean this will cloud my judgement though. They are indeed doing a good job, to a man, from Ashley to Pardew to the players. We are riding high in the league and there is a real feel good factor about the club that hasn't been the case since the Sir Bobby days to be honest, but that does not mean we should start singing songs in favour of him or even heaping unnessacary praise on him because at the end of the day he's doing the very bear minimum.

For me, he has to leap fucking buildings just to make up for the bad he has done. The man instigated relegation, showed complete contempt towards Shearer and KK two club legends and worse still, covered the biggest legend in the club's history (SJP) in his own excrement.

He's a cunt of a man and has been nothing short of a disaster since buying the club. The fact we are 6th in the table with some fine players doesn't wipe the slate clean nor ever should. That's the type of club he bought even if we were not at that level at that time. NUFC are a top 6 club who should always be putting out decent players, something we've done more often than not during our history. The all-time league stats say we are a top 6/7 club historically whereas the players we have had wearing our colors since inception suggest we should never accept average no marks in our shirt but the very best or the best of the rest.

If NUFC end up in the CL or winning trophies then he'll deserve praise.

Why hold onto hatred for people who have made mistakes in the past though? The history of Newcastle is full of people who have fucked up.

Aye, they might make mistakes again in the future but at the moment the signs are that they have learned how to run a football club quite well.

Guest Howaythetoon

What a ludicrous post. You'd think we looked like a genuinely good side when Hughton was rightly sacked off.

We looked fucking pretty good at home to Villa, the mackems, away to Arsenal etc. And if you want to raise the Stoke at home card or Blackpool at home, WBA away etc. Pardew has had similar poor 'unexpected' results.

You keep saying Pardew is the better manager and deserves huge credit and fair enough that may be, but I think being 6th in the league is less of an achievement than winning promotion and at the time of his sacking, getting to mid-table, (the same position Pardew actually took us to at the end of last season) given the circumstances. That and the fact that Pardew has actually seen some investment his way. Hughton had to sign championship players.

I actually do believe we were a better footballing side under Hughton and if he were manager of these players we'd be acheiving the same kind of results and perhaps even better results. That's all down to speculation and theory though.

Don't kid yourself abough the merits, strengths and results of Hughton though, not when you practically salivate over Pardew who has achieved fuck all yet.

What a ludicrous post. You'd think we looked like a genuinely good side when Hughton was rightly sacked off.

We looked fucking pretty good at home to Villa, the mackems, away to Arsenal etc. And if you want to raise the Stoke at home card or Blackpool at home, WBA away etc. Pardew has had similar poor 'unexpected' results.

You keep saying Pardew is the better manager and deserves huge credit and fair enough that may be, but I think being 6th in the league is less of an achievement than winning promotion and at the time of his sacking, getting to mid-table, (the same position Pardew actually took us to at the end of last season) given the circumstances. That and the fact that Pardew has actually seen some investment his way. Hughton had to sign championship players.

I actually do believe we were a better footballing side under Hughton and if he were manager of these players we'd be acheiving the same kind of results and perhaps even better results. That's all down to speculation and theory though.

Don't kid yourself abough the merits, strengths and results of Hughton though, not when you practically salivate over Pardew who has achieved fuck all yet.

Hughton may well get there one day, but Pardew has achieved more promotions than Hughton and even a flipping trophy with considerably less resources fwiw, but there we go.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why hold onto hatred for people who have made mistakes in the past though? The history of Newcastle is full of people who have f***ed up.

Aye, they might make mistakes again in the future but at the moment the signs are that they have learned how to run a football club quite well.

Why the f*** would I like some fat c*** who got us relegated and has treated our stadium as his own gigantic f***ing colouring in book just because we are 6th? Big deal.

Graeme Souness is universally hated by the vast majority of Toon fans for simply losing some games and not getting on with one or two players. Hang the b****** in the annals ofd our club's history.

Mike Ashley relegates the club, pisses on KK and Shearer, sacks Hughton, sells number 9 local lad, changes stadium name etc. but because he buys a striker and the team are 6th... all hail Mike Ashley.

:lol:

If I promise to make the bed after me, can I shag your lass?!

Guest Howaythetoon

We looked f***ing pretty good at home to Villa, the mackems, away to Arsenal etc. And if you want to raise the Stoke at home card or Blackpool at home, WBA away etc. Pardew has had similar poor 'unexpected' results.

Don't kid yourself abough the merits, strengths and results of Hughton though, not when you practically salivate over Pardew who has achieved f*** all yet.

Pardew has achieved more promotions than Hughton and even a flipping trophy with considerably less resources fwiw, but there we go.

At Newcastle? Because that's what we are talking about here, i.e. their respective achievements/time/etc. here

#windyourneckin

Guest Howaythetoon

I never said anything about hailing Mike Ashley, I was just talking about giving him some credit for the good stuff we have been doing recently.

I'll reserve it for those who are acheiving the good stuff as you put it, manager, coaches, players, bore hole etc. etc.