Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Maybe there are out-takes where he kept saying 'off fuck' and they had to do it again.

He may have decided to invest £3 million in the film and made it part of the terms that he'd get a cameo part as well as a slice of the profits. I doubt if it was just for the glory of speaking that line.

Still, good story.

When do they release the latest books on NUFC? As Dave says, what happens in SD has feck all to do with NUFC.

More interested in the yearly accounts of NUFC.

Came out at the end of March last year, though in the past they've been as early as January.

The club accounts don't have to be filed until the end of March, although as Dave says they have sometimes put them out early for PR reasons.

I have been keeping an eye out for the accounts of Ashley's holding company, Mash Holdings Limited. They were due in by the end of January so are late. These accounts include everything Ashley owns (his shares in SD and NUFC) so will give some idea of what the club finances look like. I would expect an operating result of close to break even, maybe a small loss - but a massive profit from player trading. I fully expect Ashley's loan to have been reduced.

I would expect an operating result of close to break even, maybe a small loss - but a massive profit from player trading. I fully expect Ashley's loan to have been reduced.

Dekka put out quotes that we'd made a small operating loss of around £4m (IIRC) on the last financial year- which as you say will be blown open by player trading.

I think the accounts will be delayed as late as possible in order to get the 10-year ticket renewal out of the way and probably a subsequent round of marketing to sell the remainder. I also suspect that the loan to SJHL has been reduced, which will likely generate some adverse publicity. The club will want to ensure as much cash is banked before this is confirmed in the filed accounts.