Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OHHHHHHHH

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WERE EVERTON FC ROBERTO'S BLUE ARMYYYY

taken off some website, may or may not be true. It's certainly catchy. I was humming it for a couple of days after the 0-3.

We will spend the Cabaye money at least IMO. The idiots will forget about this season and last seasons TV money

yeah i think this will be about it, spend up to 20m on fees then act like they've done everyone a fucking favour in breaking the bank

We will spend the Cabaye money at least IMO. The idiots will forget about this season and last seasons TV money

yeah i think this will be about it, spend up to 20m on fees then act like they've done everyone a f***ing favour in breaking the bank

Yea the vomit worthy mike has really invested this summer and we are ready to kick on to 8th

yeah i think this will be about it, spend up to 20m on fees then act like they've done everyone a f***ing favour in breaking the bank

Yea the vomit worthy mike has really invested this summer and we are ready to kick on to 8th

They always include wages being the tight gits that they are. £20m might get a couple of decent players with wages included.

He could throw as much money as he wants in the summer, if the new players are being handed to Pardew then there's no point.

We will never see the best of any new 'creative flair' players as they'll be restricted on the pitch or left on the bench for fear of giving the ball away, and the rest will be cart-horses who "work hard" and have as much flair as the little toe on David Beckham's left foot.

Any new strikers will have no decent service, new midfielders will be one-trick ponies and too immobile and new defenders, short of lining themselves up on the goalline, won't be able to keep a barrage of attacks out.

He could throw as much money as he wants in the summer, if the new players are being handed to Pardew then there's no point.

We will never see the best of any new 'creative flair' players as they'll be restricted on the pitch or left on the bench for fear of giving the ball away, and the rest will be cart-horses who "work hard" and have as much flair as the little toe on David Beckham's left foot.

Any new strikers will have no decent service, new midfielders will be one-trick ponies and too immobile and new defenders, short of lining themselves up on the goalline, won't be able to keep a barrage of attacks out.

The best we can ever hope for under Pardew is Stoke MkII with counter-attacking footall played with no pace. Remind you of anyone?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4H_s88VOFpk/TQZRYnzlMSI/AAAAAAAAAJk/9vCbwIntz7Y/s1600/sam+allardyce.jpg

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OHHHHHHHH

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WERE EVERTON FC ROBERTO'S BLUE ARMYYYY

taken off some website, may or may not be true. It's certainly catchy. I was humming it for a couple of days after the 0-3.

:lol:

Compare and contrast to this statement from the owner of Western Sydney Wanderers FC, after they lost the A-League grand final yesterday. To put it into perspective, their club was only formed 2 years ago after a decade of campaigning for the club to be initiated into the A-League:

Dear Wanderers Family

On the back of the mixed emotions of yesterday’s Hyundai A-League Grand Final I wanted to write to you to express my deepest gratitude and admiration. You have made an incredible contribution to the remarkable journey that is our Club and I want you to know how proud we are to be sharing that journey with you.

Never before has the sporting landscape in Australia and, dare I say, globally, witnessed the incredible achievements that our Club has cemented in the annals of sporting history in such a short timeframe.

While the pain of a losing Grand Final cuts deep and seems to linger longer than the joy of victory, it is also important to remember that success has many fathers and comes in many forms.

Success isn’t always just about being first past the post but equally can be measured in the journey to get to the post and the lasting legacy that comes with that journey.

As your Coach and I walked through the streets of Brisbane yesterday morning and then at the airport after the match and indeed this morning at the International Airport as our playing squad departed for Japan, it has never been clearer that our Club is blessed with the most amazing fan group we have ever experienced and that our Club’s success since birth is inextricably linked to this amazing support.

Success, you see, is many things:

• Having the best fan group in the country

• A fan group that has already left an indelible imprint on how sport is supported in our country

• 17,000 Members who are so proud, passionate and grateful to have a club in Western Sydney they can proudly call their own

• A club that always stands up for the west, is always competitive and always strives to make it proud in return

• A Premiership

• Two Grand Finals,

• Topping our Group and being in the last sixteen of the AFC Champions League with still more to come

• The 1.5 million viewers who have watched our games in the Hyundai A- League this year and the countless millions more who have watched our ACL matches across Asia

• Proudly carrying the Western Sydney banner in a Grand Final watched by over 250 million viewers across 57 countries

• The 200,000 boys and girls our Club has reached through our remarkable community programs

• The 265 ambassador schools who proudly carry our flag across the Western Sydney region

• Average home crowds in excess of 15,000

• Being the highest sponsored club in the Hyundai A-League

• Having the most remarkable group of corporate partners

• Record merchandise and licensing numbers as you clamour to so proudly wear your Club’s colours

• Creating the largest ever sporting crowd migration in any code from one state to another with in excess of 10,000 of our fans travelling to Brisbane yesterday and back and never once losing their full voice and pride and passion for their Club and where they come from

• Having strong pillars that always make us look forward. Pillars like Pride, Passion, Aspiration and Resilience that will continue to drive us on a daily basis to do better tomorrow what we are doing today

• A club that has a vision for the future:

- To always be in the top three of the Hyundai A-League

- To regularly participate in Asia

- Its own Academy and player pathway for boys and girls

- An upgraded stadium

- Its own training and administration centre

- Greater investment in its Foxtel National Youth League and Westfield W-League programs

- To continue to enrich the lives of boys and girls in the west through a raft of social areas to guide them to be better people

- Its own Foundation to help address some of the social inequities in Western Sydney

- To continue to foster, nurture and grow grassroots and community football

As we reflect on yesterday, know that no stone was left unturned to stand up for you, be competitive and make you proud. Know that everyone to do with our Club gave every last ounce of energy to ensure that your day was a success. Equally know that your role in getting us there and the incredible support on show will live in the hearts and minds of all associated with our Club for many years to come.

United as one, we will in time be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in any sporting code in Australia. Our vision to be a world class football club, the pride of Western Sydney has never been stronger. Our future is indeed one of endless possibilities on the back of the incredible support you continue to give us.

On behalf of all to do with our Club I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Walk tall and be proud.

Lyall

Mike Ashley: A common thief - but a very good one

Trumpeting in to Newcastle United with a rapturous fanfare came Mike Ashley, owner of Sports Direct, an English entrepreneur who was going to save our club from the impending financial meltdown caused by the previous regime.

“Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football… don’t get me wrong. I did not buy Newcastle to make money. I bought Newcastle because I love football.”

Everything seemed too good to be true, a British billionaire owner, out to enjoy football, seemingly to revive the sleeping giant that has consistently had one of the highest average attendances in world football in recent times.

From nufcblog.org, September 2011:

However, previous Newcastle United owner, Sir John Hall, gave a different, and far more convincing reason in a recent interview (August 2011) with Newcastle United website “Toon Talk“. Hall spoke of the negotiations which led to Ashley’s takeover of the club saying: “I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

In June 2007 when Ashley gained full control of the club, debt was assumed to stand at £71m. A large sum, but not an insurmountable pile of toxic club-threatening debt. Upon gaining control, a clause in the mortgage stipulated that if the club was ever to be sold, the mortgage would have to be immediately paid in full. This would cost the new owner £53m. So what did Ashley do? He 'invested' £111m as an 'interest free loan'.

A statement from Newcastle United in May 2010: “In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.”

Interesting, yet in a question and answer session with club officials in the 2013/2014 season, the club had this to say:

"The club suggested that while it is always pro-actively looking to attract new commercial partners and to sell that advertising space, in the current climate it could not command a sum for that space anywhere close to the £129m invested into the club interest free by the owner."

This is a direct contradiction as Ashley is profiting directly from his loan to Newcastle in the form of revenue gained by the 'free' advertising in the ground for Sports Direct.

What is interesting to note, is how we keep hearing from Alan Pardew how we are not able to financially compete with clubs around us, even Cardiff: "“They spent a lot of money Cardiff, they've got some good players and Zaha on loan from United is a threat, but we did the job." or Southampton: "You look at a club like Southampton, and they’re in a much stronger financial position than us in terms of purchasing players".

Why is this the case? A look at the numbers will provide a sobering conclusion. Below is the revenue table for the top 16 clubs in the world as they stood in season 2006/2007, just before Mike Ashley took full control over Newcastle United.

http://i.imgur.com/3o1Kj0t.png

So of the 16 clubs, which one has gained the least revenue in the following 6 seasons? Newcastle United. Who's fault is this? The owner. By squeezing match-day revenue by not taking paid advertising in the ground, by reducing ticket prices in a bid to placate fans by giving one hand taking with the other. It's like saying 'we could compete if we didn't have to reduce the ticket prices so much just to keep the fans happy' - it's absurd.

The owner is directly responsible for the commercial fortunes of a club and the buck stops with Mike Ashley. So, after 7 years of ownership, what's happened to the £71m debt we had before he arrived? Well, it's not only still there, it's increased now to £129m. This is despite astronomical increases in television prize money, an overhaul in player wages, and 7 years of Mike Ashley's commercial expertise to work it's magic on the club's finances.

Perhaps we've been blessed with a billionaire owner who cares not for mere millions of pounds in fees for players and has lavished the club with star names in a bid to compete once more with the Premier League elite.

http://i.imgur.com/5o4UXIE.png

But that hasn't happened either. With the debt still standing at £129m, £45m taken out of the club in net player transfer spend, the TV Prize money of each season disappearing into thin air and Sports Direct having risen in value from £1.60 per share (July 2007) to £7.89 per share (May 2014), it's safe to say that not only is Newcastle run by a conman of the highest order, but a common thief to boot.

Guest chopey

Ryder should have wrote that a year ago, brilliant piece. Ashley has been proven to be a liar in court, but we can now confirm that Pardew is either stupid and believes everything he gets told or he is a liar as well.

Sweet. Hawk, who wrote that, and is there a link?

I wrote it.

Well then get publishing :)

Awesome post. Please send it to the Mag or something. I wanna share it on social media.

I wrote it.

Awesome post. Please send it to the Mag or something. I wanna share it on social media.

Edit: I've submitted it to themag

I wrote it.

Edit: I've submitted it to themag

Brilliant. Great job. I'll be tweeting it for sure.