Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Bert Shaft

Article should also be distributed to Newcastle fans who work for the national media.

Interesting summation, but nothing we didn't already know. Still, the more people digest it, the better.

Yeah, I keep getting the feeling though, especially outside Newcastle fan circles, that we're throwing our toys out the pram for no good reason and there hasn't been an all-enclosing article yet on why - hiring decisions aside - we're so unhappy with him as an owner.

It's ridiculous that there's no value been put on Sports Direct's advertising. He's had 7 years of it. There's clearly no intention of removing any debt he took on, it's in his interest to keep it as high as he can and use it as bargaining when he eventually does sell.

We're getting screwed over and the wider world needs educating..

Interesting summation, but nothing we didn't already know. Still, the more people digest it, the better.

Yeah, I keep getting the feeling though, especially outside Newcastle fan circles, that we're throwing our toys out the pram for no good reason and there hasn't been an all-enclosing article yet on why - hiring decisions aside - we're so unhappy with him as an owner.

Fair point

This just begs the question who is the bigger cunt? Ashley for being honest in his intentions or John Hall who claims to be a fan selling the club to him knowing the real reason why he wanted to buy the club, lying to the fans about it and urging one of his best mates and business partners to sell his share as well.

This just begs the question who is the bigger cunt? Ashley for being honest in his intentions or John Hall who claims to be a fan selling the club to him knowing the real reason why he wanted to buy the club, lying to the fans about it and urging one of his best mates and business partners to sell his share as well.

Any money man is a lying cunt, that's usually how they made their money.

Great write up.

Would add one thing...

"Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club".

You point out how that's a lie and he benefits, but without saying the most glaring contradiction which is that he has taken £11m cash out of the club in last year's accounts.

This just begs the question who is the bigger c***? Ashley for being honest in his intentions or John Hall who claims to be a fan selling the club to him knowing the real reason why he wanted to buy the club, lying to the fans about it and urging one of his best mates and business partners to sell his share as well.

:facepalm:

One thing I don't get is why its Sports Direct plastered around the ground for 90% of the time/available space.

Everyone knows that if you want a pair of trainers you got to the Emporium of tat, so why not vary it up a bit and advertise his in store brands. Off the top of my head.... Kangol, Karrimor, Lonsdale, Firetrap, Dunlop, Slazenger - are all owned by MA or Sports direct - why not promote these brands rather than the roof they are sold under?

It wouldn't have a single piece of impact on the finances of NUFC, but at least the stadium would show some variety, and you would think also drive benefits to our esteemed owner

One thing I don't get is why its Sports Direct plastered around the ground for 90% of the time/available space.

Everyone knows that if you want a pair of trainers you got to the Emporium of tat, so why not vary it up a bit and advertise his in store brands. Off the top of my head.... Kangol, Karrimor, Lonsdale, Firetrap, Dunlop, Slazenger - are all owned by MA or Sports direct - why not promote these brands rather than the roof they are sold under?

It wouldn't have a single piece of impact on the finances of NUFC, but at least the stadium would show some variety, and you would think also drive benefits to our esteemed owner

Exposure in other other countries, expanding his brand via the prem and Newcastle.

To rub our noses in it, no more complicated than that.