Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Someone said at the match they'd been out for bait where Ashley told him he had plans to invest (the clubs money) this summer but I can't remember seeing that on here at all.

Someone said at the match they'd been out for bait where Ashley told him he had plans to invest (the clubs money) this summer but I can't remember seeing that on here at all.

So he peddles the same bullshit to the players as he does to the fans then.

We hear claims that Mike Ashley had dinner with club captain Fabricio Coloccini in a bid to ease the Argentine's concerns.

Following a difficult few weeks the defender was named among those believed to be unhappy with the direction the club was taking.

And with the Newcastle United owner maintaining he has a healthy and productive relationship with Alan Pardew, Ashley is out to squash any player unrest.

Alan Pardew’s reign as manager of Newcastle United looks set to continue amid reports that owner Mike Ashley is preparing to entrust the Toon boss with a substantial summer transfer kitty.

The former West Ham United manager had been under considerable pressure following Monday’s 3-0 defeat to Arsenal

I knew I wasn't going mad. So how can Pardew claim everything is rosy when he hasn't spoken to Ashley??

“That’s what he expects me to do. He doesn’t want me to ring him and say, ‘Mike, I’m a little bit perturbed’. He wouldn’t see any sign of strength in that and I wouldn’t do that.”

“He hasn’t offered me any reassuring words and I wouldn’t expect him to.”

From the donkey's own mouth.

He'll invest. He's a cunt but he's not that stupid.

Him and Shepherd are two peas in a pod in one way - neither understand managers and that's what has always hurt us the most.

Everton fans rightly moan about their penny pinching but Kenwright can pick a fucking boss.

It'd be so fucking NUFC to give this absolute wankstain money to spend now that he's at his lowest ebb after the last 2 summers when we had a genuine chance of kicking on and doing something.

I read in a paper that he had been out for dinner with a senior player but the article did not name the player.  You would assume it would be Colo though.

When it was I have no idea as Ashley has been away on holiday and he can only have been back in the country for a week at most (if he is back).

It'd be so fucking NUFC to give this absolute wankstain money to spend now that he's at his lowest ebb after the last 2 summers when we had a genuine chance of kicking on and doing something.

Wouldn't it just? Smacks of Robson getting fuck all only for Souness to be given £50m two years later. How do we always end up with this shit?

Wouldn't it just? Smacks of Robson getting fuck all only for Souness to be given £50m two years later. How do we always end up with this shit?

Yup, my immediate thought - had to check it wasn't 10 years ago like some horrible anniversary of watery shit being flung at us.

Or Fat Sam spunking all our money on shite then Keegan getting nowt.  :(

If Ashley wants to be here then fair enough, if he wants to run us running at profit and getting value for players, fair enough. However he needs to be able to spend that £10m-£20m on one very good player when the opportunity arises, and he needs to appoint the right manager to get the club moving forward not a manager who will simply settle for being in a job so long as he keeps his mouth shut.

Get this right and the flak will stop, keep acting like you don't give a shit or are doing things to get at the fans and people are going to produce banners and songs.

Actually think we'll spend a few bob early on in an attempt to feign a semblance of ambition. We'll then see our decent players move on and the books will be, more or less, balanced for the window come Sept 1st.

NUFC 2014 - "why spend money when you don't have to??"

If Ashley wants to be here then fair enough, if he wants to run us running at profit and getting value for players, fair enough. However he needs to be able to spend that £10m-£20m on one very good player when the opportunity arises, and he needs to appoint the right manager to get the club moving forward not a manager who will simply settle for being in a job so long as he keeps his mouth shut.

Get this right and the flak will stop, keep acting like you don't give a shit or are doing things to get at the fans and people are going to produce banners and songs.

#rocketscience

#rocketscience

Well yeah, just putting my view across.

I honestly think he's a dumbs rather than a vindictive evil man. He's a businessman not a football man and he needs a football man at the club, unfortunately the people he knows within football are JFK, and Wise.

I think he made a major mistake with Keegan, he should have been brought in as a DOF instead of Wise and let Keegan pick the manager instead of bringing Wise in and Keegan as manager.

Guest neesy111

This Keegan for DOF drivel again. Quality. He's a tactician and a man manager for the love of Christ.

:thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Can see a high level of player turnover this summer.

Definitely, while most are replacable theres a few very good replacements needed. Dont need a straw poll of N-O to work out how many of us think he will sanction the 3/4 major signings to go along with the cheap n cheerful ones