Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest reefatoon

This has to be a wind up. I know a percentage of our fans are totally blinkered to what is going on, but fucking hell this bloke who commented on a Chronicle story must surely win the Thickest fan ever award.

Daley • 4 hours ago

Everytime a transfer window comes around, Newcastle United fans plead for Mike Ashley to splash the cash. But Mike has already put a lot of his money into the club for little or no reward. Have a glance at the following:

1.Mapou Yanga Mbiwa - 8.5m. Huge waste of money, worst player I've ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. People say he is being played out of position but I've seen him in three different positions and he hasn't impressed in either. People say he is a centre back but this is arguably his worst position judging on displays on Tyneside. Only position he looks comfortable in is the substitutes bench.

2. Massadio Haidara - 2m. More famous for a tackle being made on him than any actual footballing ability. Enough said.

3. Gabiel Obertan -3m. Winger who offers nothing - no goals,no assists

4. Xisco - 5.8m. 11 games, one goal.

5. All the youngsters - Fabio Zamblera, Haris Vuckic, Tamas Kadar, Ole Soderberg, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ben Tozer, Gael Bigirimana....all of these young players came to the club with great expectations each for around 1m and none will be at SJP for the opening day of next season.

Don't blame Mike for wanting to be more careful with who we sign.

Absolutely unbelievable.

This has to be a wind up. I know a percentage of our fans are totally blinkered to what is going on, but f***ing hell this bloke who commented on a Chronicle story must surely win the Thickest fan ever award.

Daley • 4 hours ago

Everytime a transfer window comes around, Newcastle United fans plead for Mike Ashley to splash the cash. But Mike has already put a lot of his money into the club for little or no reward. Have a glance at the following:

1.Mapou Yanga Mbiwa - 8.5m. Huge waste of money, worst player I've ever seen in a Newcastle shirt. People say he is being played out of position but I've seen him in three different positions and he hasn't impressed in either. People say he is a centre back but this is arguably his worst position judging on displays on Tyneside. Only position he looks comfortable in is the substitutes bench.

2. Massadio Haidara - 2m. More famous for a tackle being made on him than any actual footballing ability. Enough said.

5. All the youngsters - Fabio Zamblera, Haris Vuckic, Tamas Kadar, Ole Soderberg, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ben Tozer, Gael Bigirimana....all of these young players came to the club with great expectations each for around 1m and none will be at SJP for the opening day of next season.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Surname must be Ashley. Or fucking thick idiot.

All the youngsters - Fabio Zamblera, Haris Vuckic, Tamas Kadar, Ole Soderberg, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ben Tozer, Gael Bigirimana....all of these young players came to the club with great expectations each for around 1m and none will be at SJP for the opening day of next season.

THis has to be a piss take  :lol: :lol:

This has to be a wind up. I know a percentage of our fans are totally blinkered to what is going on, but f***ing hell this bloke who commented on a Chronicle story must surely win the Thickest fan ever award.

Daley • 4 hours ago

Absolutely unbelievable.

Surname must be Ashley. Or fucking thick idiot.

Makes you wonder what the fuck Graeme Carr's up to - some shite in there mind.

"I would also like to remind people that Athletico Madrid were perceived as a mid table club who follow our business model and who are now la Liga champions who also reached the CL final! But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you slag off your beloved club. As I have said on many occasions, some 'fans' hatred of Ashley has outstripped their love of the toon. Any good news is treat with derision and any not so good is a reason to go nuclear.......At xmas we were 4pts behind Liverpool, so the basics are there, just some acute aquisistions and fine tuning coupled with a bit of patience is required. We are primed for take off in the next couple of seasons and actually the envy of a lot of clubs around Europe."

So much  :anguish:

"I would also like to remind people that Athletico Madrid were perceived as a mid table club who follow our business model and who are now la Liga champions who also reached the CL final! But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you slag off your beloved club. As I have said on many occasions, some 'fans' hatred of Ashley has outstripped their love of the toon. Any good news is treat with derision and any not so good is a reason to go nuclear.......At xmas we were 4pts behind Liverpool, so the basics are there, just some acute aquisistions and fine tuning coupled with a bit of patience is required. We are primed for take off in the next couple of seasons and actually the envy of a lot of clubs around Europe."

If the papers are to believed, there will be no fine turning by the club but more a case of a sledgehammer being taken to the current squad.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Daley • 4 hours ago

Absolutely unbelievable.

Surname must be Ashley. Or f***ing thick idiot.

Makes you wonder what the f*** Graeme Carr's up to - some s**** in there mind.

It's clear what Graeme Carr is up to...he's recommending players who cost money and require a more astute 'head coach' than we already have to accommodate these signings. It's no coincidence that one of his old recommendations, Bony, looked good scoring goals last season when we wouldn't pay his price tag, now looks good in a world cup too. Just remember that Swansea were able to fork out for him but we wouldn't, with one of the richest Englishmen as owner. cashley the tight git missed out on some profit there.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

If the papers are to believed, there will be no fine turning by the club but more a case of a sledgehammer being taken to the current squad.

What that idiot doesn't get is 'acute aquisistions' (astute acquisitions?) require a bit of finance and ambition. Fine tuning requires someone who knows what they're doing with the tools they have. And patience? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it'll be 60 years next year since we last won a domestic trophy, with still the third highest average attendance in the country.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jun/18/sports-direct-buys-stake-in-fashion-discounter-mysale

Mike Ashley's Sports Direct has bought a 4.8% stake in freshly listed online fashion discounter MySale in a bid to access the Australasian and Asian markets.

The retailer, led by the Newcastle United owner Ashley, did not reveal how much it paid for the Aim-listed stock, or whether it took advantage of MySale's rocky entry to the stock market earlier this week when a pricing error meant it accidentally ran a flash sale of its own shares. The Australian company, backed by Topshop owner Sir Philip Green, priced its shares at 226p last week but on Monday they were mistakenly listed at £2.26, which some automated trading programmes on City trading floors interpreted as 2.26p, triggering a selloff.

Guest reefatoon

Daley • 4 hours ago

Absolutely unbelievable.

Surname must be Ashley. Or f***ing thick idiot.

Makes you wonder what the f*** Graeme Carr's up to - some s**** in there mind.

It's clear what Graeme Carr is up to...he's recommending players who cost money and require a more astute 'head coach' than we already have to accommodate these signings. It's no coincidence that one of his old recommendations, Bony, looked good scoring goals last season when we wouldn't pay his price tag, now looks good in a world cup too. Just remember that Swansea were able to fork out for him but we wouldn't, with one of the richest Englishmen as owner. cashley the tight git missed out on some profit there.

Exactly right. A lot of players you have to just take that gamble, something we are always shit scared to do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's clear what Graeme Carr is up to...he's recommending players who cost money and require a more astute 'head coach' than we already have to accommodate these signings. It's no coincidence that one of his old recommendations, Bony, looked good scoring goals last season when we wouldn't pay his price tag, now looks good in a world cup too.

Man, several people on here could've told you that Bony would've been an astute signing. Tooj was banging on about him for ages. Carr is good at finding contractually vulnerable average players who are subsequently available for low prices. It's nowt to write home about.

It's clear what Graeme Carr is up to...he's recommending players who cost money and require a more astute 'head coach' than we already have to accommodate these signings. It's no coincidence that one of his old recommendations, Bony, looked good scoring goals last season when we wouldn't pay his price tag, now looks good in a world cup too.

Man, several people on here could've told you that Bony would've been an astute signing. Tooj was banging on about him for ages. Carr is good at finding contractually vulnerable average players who are subsequently available for low prices. It's nowt to write home about.

You say that on the basis of the type of budget we should have and players we're linked with in the press, I'm sure there are far better players he has recommended in the past who would have cost more than fatty is willing to pay. I think Carr has done a good job considering the strict transfer policy we have. Not that I'm backing the transfer policy, I think its a load of bollocks personally.

I'm just saying, Carr's a failed lower league manager who is adept at finding French players going for less than they're worth, like an old Peugeot at an auction. Cabaye aside, he's not exactly going beyond facilitating a horrible transfer system.