Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

We're both speculating. But all he's shown at NUFC is the ability to find contractually vulnerable average players and recommending better players most of us know of on N-O.

No he hasn't. Those are the players the club has gone for out of the ones you've recommended. You have no idea who Carr recommends or whether he is or isn't good at his job besides from judging its output. Stop pretending otherwise.

I know Carr recommended we pay £7m for MYM when we needed a bigger, more dominant, more instantly PL suited CB. And overruled paying less than £3m for Adam Lallana.

Carr's a failed lower league manager who is good at wheeling and dealing average French players through his connections there. He's a vital cog in a horrible transfer system. The sooner Ashley, Pardew, Charnley and him f*** off, the better.

MYM was clearly signed as a Colo replacement when it looked like he would be leaving. Anyway Lallana, for less than 3mil, elaborate please.

We're both speculating. But all he's shown at NUFC is the ability to find contractually vulnerable average players and recommending better players most of us know of on N-O.

No he hasn't. Those are the players the club has gone for out of the ones you've recommended. You have no idea who Carr recommends or whether he is or isn't good at his job besides from judging its output. Stop pretending otherwise.

I know Carr recommended we pay £7m for MYM when we needed a bigger, more dominant, more instantly PL suited CB. And overruled paying less than £3m for Adam Lallana.

Carr's a failed lower league manager who is good at wheeling and dealing average French players through his connections there. He's a vital cog in a horrible transfer system. The sooner Ashley, Pardew, Charnley and him f*** off, the better.

That's the clubs transfer policy though isn't it. Value/profit over the needs of the playing squad? You simply do not know the values spoken about for players. You can guess but come on you're not in the room and you're no more privy to deals than anyone else. Rumoured to have been a choice between HBA and Lallana.

Debuchy and Cabaye are average. MYM is not average. HBA is not average.

Ronsense.

The club told the press (including Nixon) that the MYM signing had been planned for a while and had no connection to the Colo situation.

Fair enough. Lallana though, what's your made up story about Carr overruling a deal for him?

That's the clubs transfer policy though isn't it. Value/profit over the needs of the playing squad? You simply do not know the values spoken about for players. You can guess but come on you're not in the room and you're no more privy to deals than anyone else. Rumoured to have been a choice between HBA and Lallana.

Ronsense.

Is this a wind-up or what? All 4 of these players were known on here before they were signed. :lol:

The club told the press (including Nixon) that the MYM signing had been planned for a while and had no connection to the Colo situation.

Fair enough. Lallana though, what's your made up story about Carr overruling a deal for him?

Do your own research if you think I'm making it up.

Ronsense.

Is this a wind-up or what? All 4 of these players were known on here before they were signed. :lol:

No it's not a wind-up. It was in response to your description of Carr as being good at 'wheeling and dealing average French players'. Obviously. He has also been good at getting some above average players to the club. Doesn't make a bit of difference if they are known beforehand or not.

A quick google search brings up one result from a forum member on toonforum.co.uk - I don't think I'll accept that as fact.

So, bringing Hatem Ben Arfa here is good scouting is it? Give me a break, man. It's a no-brainer on a loan and a no-brainer for £5m or whatever. Nowt to do with what Carr offers.

I've already acknowledged he probably played a good role in the fantastic Cabaye deal. Ultimately, though, the longer Carr's the chief scout and has transfer parity with management, the longer we're targeting financial value over value on the pitch. Real clubs don't do that.

So, bringing Hatem Ben Arfa here is good scouting is it? Give me a break, man. It's a no-brainer on a loan and a no-brainer for £5m or whatever. Nowt to do with what Carr offers.

I've already acknowledged he probably played a good role in the fantastic Cabaye deal. Ultimately, though, the longer Carr's the chief scout and has transfer parity with management, the longer we're targeting financial value over value on the pitch. Real clubs don't do that.

But that has nothing to do with Carr.

He's not the one deciding the overall transfer strategy he's the one implementing it.

A quick google search brings up one result from a forum member on toonforum.co.uk - I don't think I'll accept that as fact.

Seen the story a few times that Pardew wanted Lallana but Carr was adamant that he wasn't good enough for us.

But that has nothing to do with Carr.

He's not the one deciding the overall transfer strategy he's the one implementing it.

Nobody said he was.

Cocks sake. I'm saying I don't think we end up with Ben Arfa here if we didn't have Carr. Already said it's not about scouting in the traditional sense with him.

Fucking pointless conversation anyway. Carr is a part of the system, you can only judge him on what he has done under the system here. Fuck knows what systems have been in place at other clubs so there's little mileage in using that as a comparison.

As I said then, you have absolutely no idea what happens behind the scenes.

Far more of an idea than you by the sounds of it. None of us know everything for certain regarding Pardew's position, Carr's directives or Ashley's overall plan, or lack thereof. Doesn't mean we can't criticise based on what we do know.

So we "know" he's "knocked back" Lallana for 3m do we? Even assuming we do, and we only know this via Pardew don't we (?) are we knocking the guy for one rejection vs the decent deals he's got the club?

Not really sure what the point of this is, Carr is not the problem, the problem is the overall balance of transfer and development strategy at the club.

Pardle said on one of those radio phone-ins that Carr and he had to both agree on their targets. He then mentioned that he wanted Lallana and Carr refused. However, we know Pardew is a compulsive yarn spinner but I never saw a rebuttal from Carr tbh.

Pardle said on one of those radio phone-ins that Carr and he had to both agree on their targets. He then mentioned that he wanted Lallana and Carr refused. However, we know Pardew is a compulsive yarn spinner but I never saw a rebuttal from Carr tbh.

I remember it from Pardle as well, so that's likely to be true then.

Me

We will get more in before the deadline most likely but I doubt it will be the kind of players we all hope, the fact is we aren't willing to offer anything other than piss take offers for quality players when sometimes you have to stump up and pay at least the going rate, you can't always get a bargain 100% of the time. I fully expect us to target, free transfers loans and players who are in the last 6 months of their contract. It matters not to Ashley how these players benefit us or fit into the team in areas we need, only that they are cheap or have potential sell on value. Our aims are merely to survive in the premier league so he feels he doesn't need to spend decent money. Such is our ambition.

Moron

Decent money isn't always money well spent. I would prefer to sign players like ba on a free and remy on loan than forking out 17 million on the likes of owen. So i dont care if we only sign free agents and loan signings, it is what they do on the pitch that matters not their price tag.

Me

You, as most Ashley sympathizers do, are completely missing the point here, I never advocated going out and spending 100 million on mercenaries just for the sake of it. I'm saying when there is an opportunity to sign a quality player for a reasonable price, or the going rate sometimes you have to pay that money to progress as a football club. If there are decent players available on the cheap or on loan then certainly go for that aswell, but there has to be a balance, the simple fact is sometimes you have to spend a bit to go forward. The business model of signing all loans and free transfers is never going to take the club forward. The fact is though Ashley is not interested in taking us forward as a club, as the club have already stated the only aim is premier league survival, which is why unfortunately this is what we're stuck with, and I honestly cannot see how any fan can be happy with this.

Moron

The value of the player means fuck all, if you think it does then you should give your head a shake.

Me

You still dont get it, if we could get players as highly rated as the likes of Siem De Jong, Remy Cabella, Clement Grenier etc.... for free or 2 million each then fair enough, but the fact is we CANT as these are quality players and sometimes in order to get these players, teams are required to pay the going rate or at least close to the going rate, we are not willing to do this, and this is one of the many reasons the club will not move forward under Ashley. I'll say it again, I dont want large sums spent for the sake of it or to say we've spent X or Y, its just sometimes its necessary to do so to bring in quality players. Understand?

Moron

Yes i completely agree, torres valued at 50 million, luiz valued at 50 million, carroll 35 million. They are all fantastic football players we should sign one and offer a high fee.

*Facepalm* Just can't argue anymore with this clown.