Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

2016 is his sale date, get a few million more from Sky and player sales and then he's gone

I dont even think it will be then, that little snippet came out amongst all the anti pardew stuff.  I think they were just throwing the dog a bone but thee is no truth in it.

Guest neesy111

To be honest, I can't see why he would sell and it really pains me to say that. I believe that NUFC will end up bankrolling his takeover of Rangers and keeping them propped up.

:sadnod:

2016 is his sale date, get a few million more from Sky and player sales and then he's gone

well I believe the exact term was earliest sale, never said he would be selling it then

To sell you need a buyer so unless he has one lined up, it could be years before we are sold even if he wants to sell (see Lerner at Villa and also Everton).  He would also have to be prepared to sell the club at a reasonable price instead of the overflated prices he has quoted previously.

Apparently the Qatari people are only interested in a London club and their preference is for Arsenal but they are not interested in selling.  Spurs and West Ham have been suggested but West Ham don't fit their profile and there are issues with Spurs because of the Jewish connection although it is the most feasible especially because of the land they own which would allow them to invest in the area like City have.

I have to admit to getting frustrated with how London-centric football is becoming as investors and footballers only seem to be interested in London.  Most of the European leagues only have a couple of clubs in the capital but we could probably form a league on its own with all the London clubs.

Guest firetotheworks

No way would I want us to be bought by some sugar daddy, like. They're all part of the same scurge of modern day football that Ashley is, fuck them.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine Man City or Chelsea in a black and white strip...it's hollow, like banking on winning the lottery as a strategy for achievement.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, f*** that. Vacuous, soulless lottery winners Sports Direct shopfront. Nothing more, I never ever want NUFC to be like that. 

And the difference is?

There isn't one...that's the point.

There was a time not so long ago when this club was one of the best in the country, with the ambition and funding to match. I'd give a limb to see Newcastle United back up there again. I'm not necessarily talking a Sheik spending a billion or whatever either, just someone with a feel for the club and a willingness to invest in the club sensibly - maximising revenue and spending that to be the best we could be would be a start.

Guest firetotheworks

There was a time not so long ago when this club was one of the best in the country, with the ambition and funding to match. I'd give a limb to see Newcastle United back up there again. I'm not necessarily talking a Sheik spending a billion or whatever either, just someone with a feel for the club and a willingness to invest in the club sensibly - maximising revenue and spending that to be the best we could be would be a start.

There's that and then there's blatantly buying success. I want that^

Guest TruToon94

We were the second most valuable club in Britain and the fifth in the world start of the millennium. When people say we can't compete with Chelsea potentially under a rich owner it's ludicrous.

Our history shows we are not a little club. The right kind of owner could have a very lucrative time here in terms of trophies and off the field too. We have a very large fanbase. We're certainly bigger than Man City have been before being taken over. The size of our stadium and our history is better than theirs too. If a Man City who were shite can get Robinho in we could get great player in too with a billionaire in charge. I don't know why an oil sheik has never come in for us TBH.

We do have a billionaire, shame it just so happens to be one who doesn't want to win nought. 

Nah, f*** that. Vacuous, soulless lottery winners. Nothing more, I never ever want NUFC to be like that. 

I see your point; and I won't for a second question it. Esp anyone who is a Geordie, has Geordie roots, lived in the city or has family from the city etc. :thup:

My point and view is this; if it meant we were to get rid of Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew and their respective "team" of staff, then I'd love it. If that meant a filthy disgustingly rich owner came in and basically looked at City, Chelsea, Man Utd. etc and said fuck it, I'm going to have a go at them - upgrade/expand stadium, increase global aspect of club, invest into a super academy, facilities etc. all good by me.  I'm sick of this club in its current form, it's not the same club I "fell in love with" and I can't take rudderless, ambitionless, stepping stone type bull shit anymore.

We deserve more, and better.

There's that and then there's blatantly buying success. I want that^

In an ideal world, that would be brilliant. Built-upon success like you see with emphasis on academy development, or hiring a top class manager who bridges talent gap with brilliant tactics and style of play, kicking-on type investment - taking advantage of weaker opponents to gain share etc. Going from 7th to 6th to fighting for 4th and sliding in the CL, making a great run, and signing some higher quality players and pushing on for the title. Of course, would be brilliant!

Nah, f*** that. Vacuous, soulless lottery winners. Nothing more, I never ever want NUFC to be like that. 

I see your point; and I won't for a second question it. Esp anyone who is a Geordie, has Geordie roots, lived in the city or has family from the city etc. :thup:

My point and view is this; if it meant we were to get rid of Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew and their respective "team" of staff, then I'd love it. If that meant a filthy disgustingly rich owner came in and basically looked at City, Chelsea, Man Utd. etc and said f*** it, I'm going to have a go at them - upgrade/expand stadium, increase global aspect of club, invest into a super academy, facilities etc. all good by me.  I'm sick of this club in its current form, it's not the same club I "fell in love with" and I can't take rudderless, ambitionless, stepping stone type bull s*** anymore.

We deserve more, and better.

Well exactly, beggars can't be choosers. We'll cross the "would have preferred to win our third consecutive Premier League title without outside investment" bridge when we get there.

No way would I want us to be bought by some sugar daddy, like. They're all part of the same scurge of modern day football that Ashley is, fuck them.

They wouldn't even have to be that rich tbh. They would just need to care. :thup:

Malcolm Murray,former Rangers chairman attended the Rangers Agm today and stated it was the most arrogant agm he had attended in 30 odd years. total disregard for shareholders and fans. He says, they said they would just operate without fans.