Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

What were the rules on stakes in multiple clubs? I thought it wasn't allowed?

As many as you want, 10% max.

How does that work with the Pozzo(?) family who own Udinese, Granada and now Watford?

How does that work with the Pozzo(?) family who own Udinese, Granada and now Watford?

no actual idea but could be different family member is down as the "owner" for each club

would be a typical Ashley move like. Disgusting club Rangers, thank god neither them nor Celtic were ever allowed in the PL

Doubt he cares, I'd imagine that move is all about shirt sales and getting one over on JJB.

Also, it would be like getting in on the ground floor of an emerging business.

Low value risk that just might pay dividends in the long run.

anyone want to play detectives?  What you've got to do is read the following and work out what club Brian McNally might support.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Mike Ashley made a billion buying & selling downmarket sports tat so SFL 3rd Division Newco #Rangers a perfect fit for him. #nufc

think I'm going to unfollow him.  He talks so much bollocks at times its unbelievable.  Nearly as bad as Ryder.

no actual idea but could be different family member is down as the "owner" for each club

The problem only appears when you own two clubs who enter the same competition, so unless two of Udinese, Granada and Watford both qualified for the Uefa cup, it wouldnt be an issue.  If they did, the owner would have to decide which club dropped out and which club played.

Guest Realist

Did Freddie Shepherd get shares in them too? Ashley & Shepherd together....ouch.

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/4/42/Ninja_Kaplumbaalar_Bebop_-_Rocksteady_Resimleri.jpg

that got me :lol:  :lol:

Guest WhyAyeCabaye

Did Freddie Shepherd get shares in them too? Ashley & Shepherd together....ouch.

Shepherd didn't buy shares in the end. Well he hasn't been revealed as an investor by Rangers CEO Charles Green.

Guest Tyson

Although there would probably be a conflict of interest of sorts, and perhaps there are safeguards to prevent the following. But the concern i have is a scenario (due to FCB's influence, in the event of a take-over) where Rangers will become something of feeder club for us via a co-op relationship.

In the area of player recruitment, having the first right of refusal on cheap, shite Scottish youngsters doesn't exactly fill me with a ton of hope.

Although there would probably be a conflict of interest of sorts, and perhaps there are safeguards to prevent the following. But the concern i have is a scenario (due to FCB's influence, in the event of a take-over) where Rangers will become something of feeder club for us via a co-op relationship.

In the area of player recruitment, having the first right of refusal on cheap, shite Scottish youngsters doesn't exactly fill me with a ton of hope.

Really think you're thinking about this too much. There's no way Rangers are going to be a feeder club for us at all.

I suspect this move has more to do with SD and JJB than football if I'm honest.

As I said before, it's a chance to get into bed with a brand that's been massively devalued.

A bit like coming across a five bedroom house for £30,000, worth a punt as the value can only go up.

Feeder club  :yao:

can see a few of our youngsters on loan to rangers then, the quicker rangers get back in the spl the more money mike will get his hands on.

Possibly, though not many will want to play anywhere near the lower tiers of Scottish football, most would rather retire and smash their own kneecaps than go through the trauma of that.