Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest TheSummerOf69

What is there to fuck up?

He has a manager who is apparently a close friend, willing to be a face for his regime, and happy to work with his remit.

He has his company's logo plastered all across the stadium - being seen by tens of (if not hundreds) of thousands every weekend.

There are three or four players in the squad that after a good season could be worth five times what we paid for them (in the case of Tiote).

Things have never been better at NUFC for Ashley...

You have severely underestimated Ashley's fucking-up skills. He's fucked his way up out of better situations that this, my friend. He can do all the fuck-ups: the 'surely not?' fuck-up, the 'surely not again' fuck-up, the surprise fuck-up, the bold fuck-up, the underhand fuck-up. He's fucked-up more times that you've had hot dinners--he's fucked up more times than he's had hot dinners: and that's a shitload.

What fuck-ups do see on the horizon?

The potentially thin squad could yet cost us, especially as we have players away in January for the African Cup and quite a few players who aren't used to either the long hard physical slog of the Premiership or the British winter.

Hopefully, like last year, we'll be well safe by the time we're playing kids on the run-in, but we do have a nasty November coming and then the Christmas rush of games. There is the January window, but prices are always at a Premium then so I'm not holding my breath.

Did anyone from the club actually acknowledge that we did try and sign Ruiz? There was a few here who thought it was just a publicity stunt by Skt tv.

You mean a publicity stunt by the two people who text David Craig and send him bacon sandwiches. The same people who were forced to admit they lied to us via the media. Stop excusing them man, it's beyond embarrassing.

There was supposedly a helicopter there, but I think everyone knew there was no chance of it happening and that was probably the idea as Pardew said he knew long before then nobody would be getting signed, much to his annoyance.

Reading through the Ruiz thread it's still unclear really. There are quotes from Ruiz's agent saying we made a move, but even that doesn't prove there was real intent. Pretty much everything else could be down to manipulation of the press as far as I can see.

But I repeat, why would Ashley/Dekka go to such lengths. They don't seem to care how they offend the fans in any other area.

To revel in the fans' disappointment.

didn't craig he see was told by the twente chairman that they had accepted 'our' bid ? was he in on it aswell ?

So you really believe the Twente chairman rang David Craig from Sky Sports News out of the blue (as he claimed he had) to tell him about a transfer deal? :lol:

no i don't, thats my point. i don't really believe the info that we had a bid accepted came from us either as it's pretty easy for that to be shot down.

My memory is that the information came from the Twente Chairman. Ruiz's agent could have started the whole thing off though. From the point of view of the selling club and the agent, it's not a bad idea to make a noise about another club being interested, just as negotiations are nearing a conclusion. There's always the chance that sticking points like the fee and the wages then get resolved in your favour.

My guess is that we expressed an interest, which ended when we were quoted the amount that Fulham had bid.

:lol:

I've never believed that s***. I just think there's no way Redknapp would have accepted Dennis Wise above him, not having final say on transfers etc etc. He's an old-style, 'want control of everything' manager like KK IMO.

I agree with that.

Guest guinness_fiend

All the gambles pre-relegation failed and post-regulation, they have come off.  His luck is going to change again at some point.

You mean all of the carefully considered and board-approved actions?

Did anyone from the club actually acknowledge that we did try and sign Ruiz? There was a few here who thought it was just a publicity stunt by Skt tv.

You mean a publicity stunt by the two people who text David Craig and send him bacon sandwiches. The same people who were forced to admit they lied to us via the media. Stop excusing them man, it's beyond embarrassing.

There was supposedly a helicopter there, but I think everyone knew there was no chance of it happening and that was probably the idea as Pardew said he knew long before then nobody would be getting signed, much to his annoyance.

In what way have I excused them by asking a question? I don't know why you are reading so much into every sentence which doesn't fit your agenda, but I didn't ask it to fuel your rage so simmer down. All I've read from the club itself is they thought they had a deal for Maiga but it fell through on the last day. I don't think there's been any mention of Ruiz other than from Craig from Sky.

Loving all the "Ashley Apologists" having their fun (at last) , its like some Gay Pride march from the seventies  :lol:

"We're out and we're staying out"!

How would you define an Ashley Apologist? Anyone who doesn't instantly and automatically rubbish anything and everything the club has done and is doing? Those that are prepared to give him a chance will do so out of a sense of realism about the club's financial situation, and also can see that some of the initiatives and changes in structure, personnel and strategy may actually have a chance of working. They may even lead to something better than we had when he took over, in fact they may already have led to something better than we had before he took over. But I don't think there are too many people who would try and defend some of his more catastrophic manoeuvres or are blind to some of the crap that still goes on.

So yeah by that criteria I'll own up to being gay and out  :lol:

Loving all the "Ashley Apologists" having their fun (at last) , its like some Gay Pride march from the seventies  :lol:

How would you define an Ashley Apologist? Anyone who doesn't instantly and automatically rubbish anything and everything the club has done and is doing? Those that are prepared to give him a chance will do so out of a sense of realism about the club's financial situation, and also can see that some of the initiatives and changes in structure, personnel and strategy may actually have a chance of working. They may even lead to something better than we had when he took over, in fact they may already have led to something better than we had before he took over. But I don't think there are too many people who would try and defend some of his more catastrophic manoeuvres or are blind to some of the crap that still goes on.

Exactly how I would define it. Gay and proud here too.  :lol:

Having inherited such a dire financial mess when he bought the club there have been some tough measures to implement and making bad decisions along the way has made it even harder.

It may or may not be that the relative optimism and good feeling we're presently experiencing is justified, but what I am 100% certain of, is that in the next 10 years or so well supported clubs who are self sufficient and debt free will be at the top of the game, while debt laden clubs will be out of it and artificially ran clubs will live under the constant shadow of only being an Arab/Russian/American hissy fit away from oblivion.

Having inherited such a dire financial mess when he bought the club there have been some tough measures to implement and making bad decisions along the way has made it even harder.

It may or may not be that the relative optimism and good feeling we're presently experiencing is justified, but what I am 100% certain of, is that in the next 10 years or so well supported clubs who are self sufficient and debt free will be at the top of the game, while debt laden clubs will be out of it and artificially ran clubs will live under the constant shadow of only being an Arab/Russian/American hissy fit away from oblivion.

Well said. It would be interesting to see where we would have been this season if Man City or Chelsea hadn't been flush with cash from foreign owners. The danger for any club which spends daft money trying to break into the top four is your calculations can be blown out of the water by a club being bought by a rich owner. Arsenal and Liverpool looked unassailable a few years ago, now they are struggling to match Man City. Four CL places isn't much when two (probably 3 if you count Man U) of the them can spend whatever they like to buy the best players around the globe. Teams outside of the top 4 have to build sensibly even if it's painful in the short term.

Reading through the Ruiz thread it's still unclear really. There are quotes from Ruiz's agent saying we made a move, but even that doesn't prove there was real intent. Pretty much everything else could be down to manipulation of the press as far as I can see.

But I repeat, why would Ashley/Dekka go to such lengths. They don't seem to care how they offend the fans in any other area.

Eh? Have you read the Keegan tribunal? Did you not sit like the rest of us and watch that smug twat David Craig tell the World of his texts from the two goons regarding the "bids" for Richardson and N'Zogbia on deadline day?

This bloke on twitter also claimed Twente's chairman denied any bid from NUFC, on deadline day itself.

Well said. It would be interesting to see where we would have been this season if Man City or Chelsea hadn't been flush with cash from foreign owners. The danger for any club which spends daft money trying to break into the top four is your calculations can be blown out of the water by a club being bought by a rich owner. Arsenal and Liverpool looked unassailable a few years ago, now they are struggling to match Man City. Four CL places isn't much when two (probably 3 if you count Man U) of the them can spend whatever they like to buy the best players around the globe. Teams outside of the top 4 have to build sensibly even if it's painful in the short term.

The mega rich club owners treat their clubs like prostitutes and will discard them with zero emotional attachment when they get bored.

Our previous chairman claimed to be a fan, which he probably is, but his desire for popularity and to be seen as the man who bought us success, overtook any interest in the clubs longer term stability.

He mortgaged everything he could get his hands on to buy overpriced fading superstars, gambling against the clubs very future and failed miserably.

The present system may be boring in comparison but probably has a better chance of ultimately succeeding.

The mega rich club owners treat their clubs like prostitutes and will discard them with zero emotional attachment when they get bored.

Not sure that's true or fair like Rob, Man City are being praised for the work they're doing in the community and the family club atmosphere they're creating.

Some proper delusion going around about us somehow rising to the top because our debt is probably going to be lower. The only way that will happen is if the top clubs are punished for spending lots of money. The top clubs call the shots, it's not going to happen.

Not sure if it's delusional like, but I think people are getting far too wrapped up in the financials these days, debt isn't an issue, servicing it is.

I'd rather have debt and a good side, then sell off our best players and have money in the bank, and pin all my hopes on the authorities growing some balls and really penalise the clubs being propped up, as they've threatened.

i'd sooner say it is easy to tread water without a big fucking lead weight tied to your ankles

you know, seeing as you were all crying out for a shit metaphor

Although Wenger questioned it and it might be looked into the Etihad sponsorhip of ManC is well over the odds at £200m

No chance, going rate is whatever anyone is prepared to pay, in our case we charge Sports Direct fuck all, or, more accurately, we actually pay for their awful name all over NUFC.

Although Wenger questioned it and it might be looked into the Etihad sponsorhip of ManC is well over the odds at £200m

No chance, going rate is whatever anyone is prepared to pay, in our case we charge Sports Direct f*** all, or, more accurately, we actually pay for their awful name all over NUFC.

Just think how much easier it would be to service Ashley's loan if Sports Direct paid for that advertising......

No chance, going rate is whatever anyone is prepared to pay, in our case we charge Sports Direct f*** all, or, more accurately, we actually pay for their awful name all over NUFC.

Just think how much easier it would be to service Ashley's loan if Sports Direct paid for that advertising......

The interest on the loan he had to put into the club because of his own gross stupidity is zero therefore......

How about removing Derek's hand from your rectum and asking the question could we have kept Jose or bought another player if as your puppeteer promised any sponsorship would, no? Didn't think so.

I don't even think my wife would defend me if I knocked down every wall in my house while changing a fuse because I'd built a couple back up on the cheap.