Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Guest kingdawson

When you look at it, it really looks like a dive.

Are you for real? your cb made the most moronic challenge when Adebayor was going away from the goal ffs.

Anyway we don't deserve that. Only players that are playing ok for us are Parker and Ekotto but this experimental formation hasn't worked at all.

Played alright aside from two individual errors for the goal. Some people need to get a fuckin grip.

I don't think anyone's going that mad for a change?  Most on here saying we're playing alright and don't warrant being behind.  The actual crowd seem on the ref's back rather than the players'.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, we're not playing badly but we need a bit more urgency and cutting edge in the final third. Obertan has wasted several decent crossing/dribbling oppertunities.

He is so frustrating, he gets a player squared up and doesn't run him, you end up screaming at the tv, or him if your at the game.

Are you for real? your cb made the most moronic challenge when Adebayor was going away from the goal ffs.

Anyway we don't deserve that. Only players that are playing ok for us are Parker and Ekotto but this experimental formation hasn't worked at all.

:thup: Definite penalty, can't be argued. Silly from Taylor.

Watching it again, its a dive, a clever one but a dive all the same.

Still a penalty, it wasn't even a challange. Just a half hearted silly flick of the leg. Truly idiotc.

The long angle from behind the ref, he takes another step before falling, a dive for me, like i said clever but still a dive. Idiotic from Taylor indeed, you tackle with your wrong foot, you will go wrong sometime, he gave Adebayor the chance to dive.

He didn't dive at all. He just made sure he went down in a way which showed the ref that there was contact. It would take something superhuman to stay on your feet when you're kicked moving at that speed.

Come on, pretend it's Ba running at Bassong. Penalty or not?

Spot on Dave. Should feel the man on him and pop it back to the keeper/defender. Just annoying because it's so soft and avoidable. Still fair play to Spurs they're defending well & have taken their chance.

Guest bimpy474

Still a penalty, it wasn't even a challange. Just a half hearted silly flick of the leg. Truly idiotc.

The long angle from behind the ref, he takes another step before falling, a dive for me, like i said clever but still a dive. Idiotic from Taylor indeed, you tackle with your wrong foot, you will go wrong sometime, he gave Adebayor the chance to dive.

He didn't dive at all. He just made sure he went down in a way which showed the ref that there was contact. It would take something superhuman to stay on your feet when you're kicked moving at that speed.

You go over if your a fanny, if you have played even Sunday football, you dont over from a touch like that, not unless your a big tart, or a pro trying to win one, which is what Adebayor did.

:thup:

You could say Adebayor made the most of it but he had every right to as he was fouled. Silly challenge by Taylor but it happens to most defenders, think they have time to knick the ball away, rush of blood to the head etc and that foot is already in there and made contact.

That's football if you excuse the cliche.

Guest Heneage

Oh no I'm saying it's a penalty. No question about it. But the tackle and way he falls he actually makes it look like a dive.

As you rightly say Taylor with a real daft mistake.

You go over if your a fanny, if you have played even Sunday football, you dont over from a touch like that, not unless your a big tart, or a pro trying to win one, which is what Adebayor did.

So wasn't it a foul? Serious question like.....