Which one stupid rule would you get rid of?

Dave

Guest dogbeak

I'm sure the reasoning behind the shirtlifter rule is to avoid offending foreign cultures where it's socially unacceptable to do such a thing. Farcical really.

source? sounds like nonsense to me (though i do like the term 'shirtlifter rule').

can't think of owt i would change off the top of my head, though i would burst with joy if refs started booking and sending people off for being gobby twats. if it takes micing up the ref, all the more fun. in fact i would fuck off the crowd noise for broadcasts and have one mic on the ref and one equidistant between the coach's technical areas.

The six seconds for a goalkeeper to hold the ball is a daft one as well. Must have been enforced about twice, ever. Does some twat really sit there and count? :lol:

Thats a good rule, nowt worse when teams are beating you or getting a valuable point and they start taking forever, especially if it's a team who start doing it as early as they can into the game.

When was the last time you saw the rule enforced though? Is it not meant to be an indirect freekick? Keepers get booked for timewasting all the time on goal kicks, pretty sure Krul has had a few.

I can only ever remember seeing it enforced once and that was for us, can't remember which game it was but Shearer dispatched the free kick.

He also appealed to the ref to get the kick -- he'd been counting. It wasn't long after the rule came in, though I can't remember which game it was either.

not really a rule as such but when it's obvious someone has dived or forced a sending off when nothing really happened. They should do everything they can to instate bans for these offenders. If it continues like right now, people are going to push the boundaries further all the time. Cheating is the worst thing about football, it's a joke

The six seconds for a goalkeeper to hold the ball is a daft one as well. Must have been enforced about twice, ever. Does some twat really sit there and count? :lol:

Thats a good rule, nowt worse when teams are beating you or getting a valuable point and they start taking forever, especially if it's a team who start doing it as early as they can into the game.

When was the last time you saw the rule enforced though? Is it not meant to be an indirect freekick? Keepers get booked for timewasting all the time on goal kicks, pretty sure Krul has had a few.

I can only ever remember seeing it enforced once and that was for us, can't remember which game it was but Shearer dispatched the free kick.

Jussi weren't it?

Jussi weren't it?

Yeah, Bolton rings a bell.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2002-02-02bolton-h.html

23 mins Keeper Jaaskelainen held onto the ball for nine seconds and was penalised by ref Elleray. Bolton claim he was impeded by Shearer but Al never got closer than three or four yards. A harsh decision, perhaps, but if you're going to have a rule.... Solano touched the ball to Shearer who thumped it through a gap in the wall and into the corner. 1-1

As Wullie says the shirt rule is entirely to do with sponsors.

Arguably makes it even more annoying to me, like the sponsors don't get enough coverage as it is. And as though the sponsorship is more important than emotion of the game.

Arguably makes it even more annoying to me, like the sponsors don't get enough coverage as it is. And as though the sponsorship is more important than emotion of the game.

To be honest has any one thought 'I need that brand's products' when seeing a goal celebration?

Absolutely.

Is that why shirts need to be changed when blood is on them - or is that a health/hygiene issue?

That's a health issue.

Do rugby have the same rules? I only mention it because in UFC the Octagon has blood from previous bouts everywhere :lol: Though, of course, that's UFC.

Is that why shirts need to be changed when blood is on them - or is that a health/hygiene issue?

Any player bleeding from a wound must leave the field of play. He may not return until the referee is satisfied that the bleeding has stopped. A player is not permitted to wear clothing with blood on it.

:idiot2:

Probably sheer paranoia regarding diseases etc.

That's a health issue.

Do rugby have the same rules? I only mention it because in UFC the Octagon has blood from previous bouts everywhere :lol: Though, of course, that's UFC.

I think so. If a player's bleeding they have to be subbed off, although it's a free substitution, so I'd guess that have to change shirt before coming back on.