Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

Best is fine ffs. :lol:

He says he is, Pardew might not think he's 100%.  I can still see HBA and Ba playing.

He's been back in full training since Friday IIRC. Can't see why he'd not play unless Ben Arfa is selected instead.

Ah, I thought he had been missing and felt better only yesterday.

I'm certain on that Talksport interview yesterday he said he'd trained the previous two days. Might be wrong.

We're better than them in central midfield (even without Tiote) so its important we focus on that. Theres no point hoofing it around as they'll slaughter us, but we should just play it on the ground like we now have the players to do. High defensive line to nullify their slow strikers, although I fear their wingers against Simpson and Raylor could be uncomfortable viewing. Pulis has a habit of playing centre backs at full back so I'd tell Jonas to go at them and when Ben Arfa comes on, Stoke will be petrified. Its a clash of styles, so it'll be an interesting game.

Cabaye really needs to have a big game in general if Tiotes out. Hes had a lot of praise recently for his goalscoring & he obviously has the ability to pick a lovely pass, but tiote has been more influential to our general play recently id say. Cabaye has been quiet over the majority of a few recent games & it seems like blackburn showed the impact of that on our level of control over the game if tiotes not there to back him up

The Potters struggled to sell tickets for this game, making quantities of seats privately available to club sponsors for their employees at just £5.

Be good news for us if their fans aren't as loud as normal. Make a decent noise from what I've seen, to be fair to the mutants.

This is what i'd call a cunt of a match.

I'm not as pessimistic as i would have been, even without Tiote. We've a crafty few players in the side who can unlock doors, and we're no longer the naive mugs in defence we've been renowned to be in the past.

Win draw or lose, we should give a good account of ourselves at that god forsaken place.

HTL!!

???

Unless Pardew is persisting with his goalkeeper rotation thing or unless Elliot is knacked, then I don't see why Soderberg would be on the bench.

Picked up a calf strain or something of that nature in that open training apparently.

???

Unless Pardew is persisting with his goalkeeper rotation thing or unless Elliot is knacked, then I don't see why Soderberg would be on the bench.

Picked up a calf strain or something of that nature in that open training apparently.

Oh right.

There is literally nothing to like about Stoke. Hope we absolutely do them.

Really nervous for this one, we could go third three points clear of Chelski & Spuds but I just cannot see us getting anything from this game. Uts always the way when we have a chance of making good progress we fk it up.

Guest bimpy474

As long as we dont change our formation to defend a throw in, that was the worst tactical decision Pardew has made since he came here, you defend a throw in as you would a free kick or corner, you dont change formation for those, you may want to bring in a taller player to help, but by that i mean, say Santon for Raylor or Simpson as he's taller and better in the air (i hope), not your whole team system for it.

As long as we dont change our formation to defend a throw in, that was the worst tactical decision Pardew has made since he came here, you defend a throw in as you would a free kick or corner, you dont change formation for those, you may want to bring in a taller player to help, but by that i mean, say Santon for Saylor or Simpson as he's taller and better in the air (i hope), not your whole team system for it.

Wouldn;t be bringing Santon in for Saylor!

Guest bimpy474

As long as we dont change our formation to defend a throw in, that was the worst tactical decision Pardew has made since he came here, you defend a throw in as you would a free kick or corner, you dont change formation for those, you may want to bring in a taller player to help, but by that i mean, say Santon for Saylor or Simpson as he's taller and better in the air (i hope), not your whole team system for it.

Wouldn;t be bringing Santon in for Saylor!

Sorry i meant Raylor, i shall adjust immediately, cheers mate :)

Guest bimpy474

Ah, I wasn't being arsey btw, I genuinely thought you meant Saylor.  Forgot about Raylor.

Santon in for Simpson for me anyway.

I didn't think you being arsey mate at all, totally agree with you too, in for Simpson, only thing left to do then is to choose who plays left and who plays right, i'd go with Raylor right and Santon left.