Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton - 05/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 26

James

On the topic of Everton being gash, i count Moyes in that as well. The McFadden sub was a fucking joke; i'd have been seething. Everything that they did well was coming down the right. That was completely dismantled, first by the Sammy Ameobi sub (he fucking killed them), secondly by bringing McFadden on. Like he was ever going to assist the quelling of Sammy.

Pardew schooling another Premier League manager. Love it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul-6

Simpson-7. Good game.

Taylor-7- Strong.

Colo- 8- Great player. So lucky to have him.

Raylor-7- Found it more difficult without Jonas, outrageous strike mind. Beautiful.

Marveaux-6.5- Tidy on the ball, really think he'll do well on the left.

Guthrie-8.5- Top, top performance. Took the responsibility and played.

Cabaye- 6.

Jonas-5- Tired looking.

Best- 6. Decent graft.

Ba- 7. Bit more dangerous than Besty.

Gosling- 7. Did well, put in a strong shift.

Sammy- 6. Won us a few corners.

Ben Arfa- 7. Getting better all the time.

1878's comment is getting an obscene ammount of attention like :lol:

It is quite unintentionally amusing.

In keeping with the average Everton fan in my experience.

The comment about the next few matches for us is nothing more than everyone else is saying.

But i wish someone would give him another few straws to grasp at !

We've only played shit teams, clearly.

Funny how the fans of teams we have just beaten join in with that. Doesn't say much for them does it.

We played well in the first half. We had a great period of sustained pressure, scored two goals then backed off a bit. The 2-1 score at HT was a fair reflection of the match at that time. Then we came out in the second half and looked quite flat. We had a few good moments but they had a few good moments too. Then when we reached about 60-65 minutes, most of our players just looked shattered. We then started to have a lot of trouble keeping the ball towards the end, which is something that I'm not sure whether to worry about or not. It was the same against Stoke. We defended well, which was why they didn't have a clear cut chance in the last twenty or thirty minutes - again, much like the match against Stoke.

It was an ok performance in the end. The plus is our defending, but we need to work on our ball control when we're under pressure and tired because the last thirty minutes weren't pretty to watch.

The outstanding performers were Coloccini and Guthrie. I also thought Ba had a good game and held the ball up well. Best was decent in the first half but looked tired in the second. Gosling looked a bit nervous but contributed to the defence. Simpson was all right, as was R Taylor in defending. Sammy was bright, as was Ben Arfa.

In the end, three points is what matters most. The international break could not come at a better time.

Guest guinness_fiend

In any case, I seriously doubt we'll remain in the European spots by the close of the season, as there's only so far that a strong work ethic can get us (we need a few more players, in my opinion), but we've done remarkably well up to now and if we can get anything above a solid mid-table finish, I'll be over the moon.

But none of that really matters, because WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!

And we had no Fellaini who is just as vital to us. 

If thats the case, you're worse off than even I thought.

Wonder who you'd choose ? Cabaye or Fellini (an italian film director ? Bit old and fat, wouldn't he be ?)

In any case, I seriously doubt we'll remain in the European spots by the close of the season, as there's only so far that a strong work ethic can get us (we need a few more players, in my opinion), but we've done remarkably well up to now and if we can get anything above a solid mid-table finish, I'll be over the moon.

So thats all we have? We dont have any decent players?

Wonder who you'd choose ? Cabaye or Fellini (an italian film director ? Bit old and fat, wouldn't he be ?)

That wasn't me by the way ;-)

We're just enjoying the ride.

Doubt if anyone's kidding themselves, fans, team or manager. Delighted with effort and input from players.

I do believe we'll still have a good chance of Europa league though.

That wasn't me by the way ;-)

Sorry about that. Bad editing by me !  :iamatwat:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bemn Arfa looked better today but he needs to release the ball faster.

Well, not in that kind of game, no.

Guest guinness_fiend

So thats all we have? We dont have any decent players?

That's not what I said.  Looking at the teams around us, we don't have the class-in-depth to contend if a few nasty injuries crop up.  The players we have will crawl over broken glass if need be, but we need a few more playmakers to cut open teams when it counts.

Guest Heneage

I'd be worried if I was an Everton fan. Missing 2 of our spine players and despite a lot of possession I didn't really think Everton were going to score. I think we were poor especially in the second half and were suffering from Monday's great performance, no real passing or fluid attacks just lots of lumping it forward.

Hopefully Tiote and Cabaye return for the next few weeks because we need them.

Guest Minusmensch

I think he did well. Managed to hold on to the ball and use time when needed. Had some fine moments with Gosling/Guthrie as well.

Overall in this game we we're poor generally, They had Fellaini out, we had Tiote, one of each teams very important players, but once we lost Cabaye AS WELL it's natural that they got a big advantage after that and had more posession, but they were still very poor imo and didn't create any clear cut chances really, the should had a penalty, but before Cabayes injury we were the better team. In the end we won it with some luck (penalty situation) and with our defence being better than their offensive play simply despite us loosing posession all the time due to the unwanted downgrade in midfield. Despite the players out for us, especially the second half i think we really weren't at our best today.

Krul 6

Simpson 6.5

Taylor 7

Coloccini 8

Raylor 7

Marveaux 5.5

Cabaye 6

Guthrie 8.5

Jonas 5.5

Best 6.5

Ba 5.5

Gosling 5.5

Sammy 6

Ben Arfa 5.5

Our resilience as a team is outstanding as is the hard work we put in and Pardew has to take full credit for that, Everton were unlucky not to have a penalty but they didn't create much else in the second half, overall it was a hard fought victory that just edged.

Guest hatem garrincha

I think he did well. Managed to hold on to the ball and use time when needed. Had some fine moments with Gosling/Guthrie as well.

Good moments with Guthrie, some nice short game ("jeu court") together.

Krul-6

Simpson-7. Good game.

Taylor-7- Strong.

Colo- 8- Great player. So lucky to have him.

Raylor-7- Found it more difficult without Jonas, outrageous strike mind. Beautiful.

Marveaux-6.5- Tidy on the ball, really think he'll do well on the left.

Guthrie-8.5- Top, top performance. Took the responsibility and played.

Cabaye- 6.

Jonas-5- Tired looking.

Best- 6. Decent graft.

Ba- 7. Bit more dangerous than Besty.

Gosling- 7. Did well, put in a strong shift.

Sammy- 6. Won us a few corners.

Ben Arfa- 7. Getting better all the time.

Agreed with all. Tempted to give Cabaye 6,5.