Newcastle United 2 - 1 Everton - 05/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 26

James

am i the only one who thought that after our 2nd goal we'd go on and win comfortably until injuries disrupted things ?

I said the same a few pages earlier. I thought we looked very comfortable before Marveaux and Cabaye left the pitch.

we just didnt attempt anything like possession football yesterday and it was pretty irritating to watch us knock long balls up to Best and Ba when they were being continually dominated in the air.

I thought they won their fair share in the air yesterday, certainly not dominated anyway.

they might have won a couple, but everton won the majority. that's not necessarily a massive problem, the problem is when something's not working and you keep doing it. did we create any chances yesterday? they created loads in the first half.

They hardly created loads first half, in fact I'd say Wigan created more in the first half of the previous home game and a quick look at the BBC website says they created 4 more chances than us over 90 minutes.

So what would you have done to change things? Taking in to account when we did try and play counter attacking football in the last 20 minutes we created nothing at all.

I really didn't see the problem with it, it was a tough game but we were the better team until injuries forced us to re think things, you can't dominate them all and Everton are a good side.

last season we would probably have conceeded an equalizer against everton in that second half, and probably Wigan, and maybe not come back against Totenham. It's our calm in final 10 minutes that's impressing me a lot, remember how many last minute goals we conceded last season? We don't panic and let pressure come on to us this year.

am i the only one who thought that after our 2nd goal we'd go on and win comfortably until injuries disrupted things ?

I said the same a few pages earlier. I thought we looked very comfortable before Marveaux and Cabaye left the pitch.

Aye same.

How the fuck are you lot second?? :lol:

If we had anything remotely decent up front we'd have won that. Can see you coming down to earth with a bang after your next two games.

Just seen this after reading through the thread. lol.

You just said it. We're second because we're beating shite like Everton that don't have 'anything remotely decent upfront'

How the fuck are you lot second?? :lol:

If we had anything remotely decent up front we'd have won that. Can see you coming down to earth with a bang after your next two games.

You just said it. We're second because we're beating shite like Everton that don't have 'anything remotely decent upfront'

We also missed imo 2 of our most integral players in Cabaye and tiote,  Colo and sayls are great but its the central midfield that will control the game.

How the f*** are you lot second?? :lol:

You just said it. We're second because we're beating s**** like Everton that don't have 'anything remotely decent upfront'

silly scousers. Come back in 15 points time.

You just said it. We're second because we're beating s**** like Everton that don't have 'anything remotely decent upfront'

We also missed imo 2 of our most integral players in Cabaye and tiote,  Colo and sayls are great but its the central midfield that will control the game.

They haven't controlled many so far. Both very good players, but I think we've won a lot of games so far away from the midfield battle.

They haven't controlled many so far. Both very good players, but I think we've won a lot of games so far away from the midfield battle.

YOU speaka de bollocks my friend.  We've had good defences in the past and good strikers but done jack shit, the midfield make it easier for the defence.