St James' Park

Dave

Guest WashyGeordie

Don't know if anyone's asked this yet, but shouldn't it now be the Virgin Money Arena (seeing as though Dekka wanted the bundle when we got our new shirt sponsor)...?

Be funny if VM agreed to change the name, and they just changed it back to St James' Park...

Don't know if anyone's asked this yet, but shouldn't it now be the Virgin Money Arena (seeing as though Dekka wanted the bundle when we got our new shirt sponsor)...?

Be funny if VM agreed to change the name, and they just changed it back to St James' Park...

Nope, because Virgin Money have only bought the shirt sponsorship rights.

Guest bimpy474

That Douglas from the Chronicle tweeted earlier that discussions about the naming rights were going on with Virgin Money fwiw.

That Douglas from the Chronicle tweeted earlier that discussions about the naming rights were going on with Virgin Money fwiw.

Ah so I see :thup:

Do you think a new sponsor deciding to call it St James' Park rather than use their name would give them enough prolonged publicity for it to be worth it?

Would certainly go down well with the Newcastle fans, not sure it would create enough talk through the rest of football to be worth it but maybe a calculated risk worth taking.

Do you think a new sponsor deciding to call it St James' Park rather than use their name give them enough prolonged publicity for it to be worth it?

Would certainly go down well with the Newcastle fans, not sure it would create enough talk through the rest of football to be worth it but maybe a calculated risk worth taking.

I'm not bothered now to be honest. To me and the rest of the fans it will always be called St James' Park. Ashley has decided that for now it will be called the Sports direct arena, I'd rather Virgin Money came in and called it the Virgin money arena/stadium than the Sports direct arena but in all honesty it's not going to be referred to as SJP by the regime so the hell with it.

Link please. I'm on his twitter page and it says nothing of the sort.

Guest bimpy474

Give me a mo jo.

Guest neesy111

I think the best probable outcome is having the @ St James' Park in the name.  No commercial organisation would be stupid enough to just rename it St James'.

Guest bimpy474

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@davidpick1987 It's doing the rounds. Understanding is stadium name not part of original deal but negotiations ongoing

9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

There you go.

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@davidpick1987 It's doing the rounds. Understanding is stadium name not part of original deal but negotiations ongoing

9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

There you go.

Cheers.

It still sounds odd when they say Sports Direct Arena infact it always takes few moments for it to register that they are talking about NUFC when it is said - mainly because hardly anyone uses it and when they do, they often also mention SJP in the same sentence.

And often when it is mentioned, it is more as a piss-take than anything else.